1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #45

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I spent 4 hours playing 9 of the 18 holes in a semi-private golf course. I LOVE driving those lil cars :D a very relaxing and fun sport, I actually managed to get the ball in at most of the holes in 7-13 hits!
    :banana:

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I'm sorry, but I'm with Sir Winston on this one: golf is a good walk spoiled! :p

Except for crazy golf, of course, which rules! :grin:

And Kitrax, why do you think you need a gun? It's not like we're planning on trying to take back our colonies and re-install the monarchy. Well, not any time soon, anyway... :rolleyes: ;)

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Speaking of sir Winston, someone mentioned him in a conversation with general de Gaulle some longer time after the war. So the general said, "He's still alive? Malice and alcohol preserve him so well."

4. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

The wife tried to kill herself again last night.

Well, she was 'on the fence' - sitting on the bed with a knife on her lap, crying, trying to make up her mind. Everything bascilly piled up on her this weekend; tomorrow I go back to a job that I hate and that has been wearing a hole in my gut; my wonderful employers screwed up and I didn't get my vacation pay when requested - we now have to survive at least a week on $20 & the remains of groceries we bought last week, my car is effectively gone - $600 to repiar it, and the insurance just sent their annual bill for $1400; my bank loan is due in 5 days for twice the usual monthly payment (somehow manage something outta that same $20); we lacked the funds to send her daughter a bday present and likely will still do for abother month; the forum where she likes to post apparently was hosted outta New orleans or something so it's been a crapshoot if the site is even up; our d&d group has been blowing off getting together for several weeks; the weather's been uniformly wet and depressing for some time now - a) lowering ones' mood even further, and b) limiting our ability to even go to a store thanks to my arthritic knees; I myself have been in a funk for a while and probably havent been as loving or attentive as I usually am, and to top all this off, her menstrual cycle is heaving her emotions all over the place.

not a forumla for a haapy mood, to say th e least.

at 1am she toddle off to bed; 1.30, I finish up and follow her; instead of finding her curled up and gently snoring, I find her the the oforementiond state, tears streaming down her cheeks and mucus flowing from her nostrils to make Heather Donahue form Blair Witch Project like the Surgeon General. After about two hours of talking and crying on both our parts - helping her vent her feeligns and trying to cheer her a little; and trips to the bathroom for her to vomit mucus she was inhaling (thanks to an experimental antihistimine she was given when she was young, her throat is rather sensitive and will actually swell a little when her sinuses are flowing like when she has a headcold or a big crying jag, so postnasal drip can actually choke her); I'd apparently talked her through this emotional trough, and after another 1/2 hour of settling down, she could finally lie down and still breathe so we went to sleep.

now, in the cold, bleak (and drizzly) light of the morning, while she still sleeps, catching up on her delayed start of her latest visit from Morpheus, I sit here and try to figure out why I talked her out of it, instead of letting her go ahead and getting a knife of myu own to go with her...

sorry for the downer; but it IS rather babbling, and compared to much of the more postive stuff here, quote random. i'd probably even be entertaining in a black comedy way if it just weren't true..

5. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hope both you and your wife cheer up AE. Really can't say anything else, as I do not know how to reply to such a heartful and honest post.
    Best wishes.

6. chevalier

Media:
    I hope things change for the better for you but the most important thing is she hasn't done it and she's still around. It would be a shame for the world to lose such a wonderful person as you tell us she is. You're in my prayers.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

hang in there man.

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

:eek: Oh, good glaven, I'm gone for a day and look what happens.

-kuemper and Spelly get into another tiff. :rolleyes:
    -A new feline on the boards. ;) (Hiya, Carolina! :wave: )
    -AE (and his wife) have hit rock bottom and barely survived.

All I can say is: Rattle, rattle, thunder, clatter, boom boom boom. Don't worry; call the CarX man! :roll:

(Good vibes via randomness, good vibes via randomness, ...)

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    /me hugs AE

You've got good vibes coming your way, on the double...

10. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

/me sends loads of good vibes to AE

Triple that. I truly hope things work out for you.

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    /me send a lot of good vibe to AE

Hang in there friend! We're with you in this!

12. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

/me sends lots of good vibe to AE

Never give up man.

13. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Okay, folks. Firstly, thank you your efforts mean a LOT to me. I aam feeling a lot better now (a good cry, something touching to read, then some funny stuff to break me out of the funk) and the wife is better too; just merely 'bummed'. (so Ara? I thnik you can ease up with the good viebs now ;) )

Secondly, I'm sorry for 'dumping' this on y'all and bringing the mood down - I guess sometimes helping someone else through rough feelings can overwhem YOU :p (and YES, I really am an empath - it can be fun as well as miserable).

But enough of this moping; time for another bit of randomness:

-Y'ever collect books by a particular author, and start to get exasperated when they keep writing more books, making even harder to 'catch up'?

-And you idly wish that author would die so you could get a break? :nuts:

-Then, ya feel BAD for that thought...and then feel GOOD about feeling bad?

...or is that just me? :hahaerr:

14. Arabwel

Media:
    One word (so okay 2): Terry Pratchett.

*puts the good vibes on the back burner*

15. chevalier

Media:
    Glad to hear your wife is better, AE. And no, I don't collect books. ;)

16. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

@ AE: chin up man; glad to hear you & yours are feeling better. And don't worry about "dumping" stuff on us, it's what we're here for! :)

@ Ara: Yes! I fell out of sync after Jingo, which was ages ago, and haven't felt compelled to try and get back on the horse (metaphorically) since. There's just too many tomes to wade through when I could be testing out esoteric party combos in IWDII... :shake:

17. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I don't collect books from one writer but I wish they wouldn't publish SW books so quickly because I don't have time to get my hands on all of them.

18. Arabwel

Media:
    .... i think I gave up on SW somewhere in the middle of FOrce Heretic and haven't touched any of the prequel-era things...

My copy of I, Jedi is falling apart, though :D

19. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I second Ara, Pratchett is God of Noveldom.
    I'm trying to get more of the Chronicles of Pern as well :love:

AE, I can only say how sorry I am for the situation that you are in.

All I can say is however dark it is there is a way out and you can find it. You and your wife need to be strong if only for each other, there have been happier days and there will be again.

I can identify with the rain, it feels like you're a walking barometer at times :rolleyes:

20. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    @AE, You know how old people are said to be wise. Well, What makes them wise are all the things- like the one you have experienced last night/week/month/year -that they have gone through in their lives. It's cuts and bruises, but just as much the healing and smiles that really make us adult and wise I suppose.

Life's precious.

*hug*

Now as for the babbling. Presentation days at work are over and tomorrow my best friend leaves for Amsterdam. Won't be seeing her for a while I think. I'm happy though. She gets to do what she always wanted to do (and no it's not prostitution or drugs related :shake: ). It might also be the liquor praline I had at work, though. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.