1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #43

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, you could try to play Fallout 2 on Win Vista. I've come across an employee of Windows who could get me a beta version of Windows Vista...which, for those of you who don't know yet, is the next version of Windows.

Still don't know if Vista will live up to all it's expectations... :rolling:

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    My joke of the day, I was laughing my ass off:
    with apologies to all Americans with thin skins

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I so enjoyed Fallout. It could be something genetic. It has recently turned out that my sister whom I hadn't seen for a long time until June has also played it.

Edit: Same what Kitrax says. :lol:

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    @ Rags, :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumb: :rolling:

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Ragusa, we have a thread for jokes pinned in this forum. So use it in the future.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Had a brownout today due to thunderboomers and lightning. Then, my comp wouldn't start! I think the power button is faulty or something.

Has anyone else noticed how much of a friggin' hottie Russell Crowe is? :love:

7. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I hope your PC's power unit is not busted due to the storm, kuemper... :mommy:

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

A little storm happened here as well. There was hail the size of marbles knocking the **** out of the roof.

All my co-workers were all 'Oh no! Not my vehicle!' And I was like 'Oh look, another dent/scratch/chip. w00t'.

:D

9. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Heh; same thundershowers left my pc rebooted when I got home. Did about 3hrs at work; abt 2 at start and maybe 1 and a bit after the event that follows. Went off for doctor's appt @ noon....when I left there at a quarter to four I had the knowledge I do not have an ulcer...yet.

My stomach cramps are apparently being caused by MAJOR excess acid. Heh - the upper G/I xrays showed clearly that I have (in old english terms) a near-surfeit of stomach acid; the transparent HCl was concentrated enough to be VISIBLE on an _x-ray_
    :whoa:

So the doctor suggests I cut back on the caffine.

To which I must admit I'm a unique freak here at SP - I don't have any caffine in my diet:

no :coffee: , no tea, no cola, and maybe a single can of root beer about every couple of weeks. Again, I'm not being :holy: just feeling a little out-of-place here ;)

Next, diet *can* have an effect - spicy or greasy food does influence acid production, but some people with this problem eat the blandest diets. Heck, I think of salt as a spice :rolleyes: but I'll keep an eye on that.

Physiology can be a factor - some people are just generally more acidic than others (take that however you wish) but if that was the case, why am I having pains now?

The last cause she mentions is STRESS - lesse, I work in customer service, my productivity is lagging in relation to the 'target metrics', and I'm getting to the stage where I may soon get suspended if things don't improve....naaaahhhh, I ain't got no stress. :shake:

So I left the dr's office with two notes: one a scrip for a strong acid reducer to be taken every 12hrs for two weeks, and the other a note for removing the primary stressor from my 'lifestyle' for the same timeframe - I'm on a two week medical leave of absence.

Filled the perscription, talked with a few co-workers, did about another hour on the phones and signed the paperwork for the LoA; by the time two weeks pass, maybe I'll be able to answer our home phone without the momentary tremor of revulsion? ;)

ANYWAY, enough about me - Ofelix: I got Fallout2 sitting around here somewhere and I'm currently running WinXP home - I had the game going fine before...I think there is a patch, tho - I'll fire the thing back up and see what kinda hoops I have to jump thru than let you know.

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

@Colthrun - How would it be busted? The comp was getting power, no doubt. I checked all the plugs and stuff and when hubby came home, BAM! He turns it on. Personally, I think it's Windoze 2k. Bleech.

:hahaerr: Just thought of something really funny.
    I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. :evil: :p

11. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

omg, after years of inactivity my account still exists.

w00t! w00t!

12. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    So what has kept you away from this marvelous place Jerlark..hmmmmmm?

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

going out of town with some friends later, should be fun :)

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    welcome back, Jerlak :)

And damn, I should sleep less. I got up at 8 freaking am on a saturdauy morning, this is NOT healthy....

15. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

It is actually.... :)

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

wow, i've been sleeping too little :eek:

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm so happy I haven't put my glasses on yet, I've just realised. ;) And haven't had coffee. Oh well.

/me uses his awesome ESP to locate the glasses and heads to the coffee machine

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    /me hands some :coffee: to chev

Witchblade pwns. that's all.

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Happy Saturday! Anyone vacuumed yet?

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Bye guys. I am about ready to head off.

I may drop in to say hi from an internet cafe but otherwise I will be back in three weeks. :wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.