1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #40

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

What I interpret Chev saying/meaning about this can be summed up in three words:

you gotta wanna!

As a (former) Catholic, I can say that even *thinking* about doing *anything* to/with someone is a mortal sin. I could get into a long quote from George Carlin about this, but anyone familiar with him probably knows what I'm talking about. For those who don't, here's a short version of how many *sins* there are in one grope of Helen:

1)To want to feel up Helen
    2)To plan to feel up Helen
    3)To think about feeling up Helen
    4)To find a place to do this to Helen
    5)To take her to said place
    6)To finally feel up Helen

"Six sins in one feel, man!" To which George also said, "If you wake up and think, I wanna go to 42nd Street and commit a mortal sin! save your cab fare; you just did!"

@Fel - Party animal right here, sweety. I've been stocking up on Pounce[tm] and Whiskas Temptations [tm]. :grin: :yum:

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=5481807635330088917

100% :D

@kuemper: Stage #1 depends on interpretation. Literally, it would have to be sinful but different people understand "want" as different things. For a mortal sin, you need 1) grave matter, 2) full knowledge, 3) full consent. Attraction alone doesn't carry #3 and possibly not #2. In short, you need to make a choice for it to be a sin; it has to depend on your will. If wanting to feel up Helen is a positive act of will, then it's sinful (internalising a disordered desire is sinful). ;) And I think stage 3 probably happens before stage 2. :D

And yeah, let's throw a party. I'd really use some boozing and some waltzing.

[ July 21, 2005, 22:39: Message edited by: chevalier ]

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31

@chev - As I said, listen to some old Carlin for the full take on this. He goes into greater detail than I. And, since we differ on what defines an 'affair', I'll leave it at that. :) With your inherent loquaciousness, this is why you remind me of my hubby. :p

Party? I'll bring the cookies! Chocolate chip anyone?

4. chevalier

Media:
    @kuemper: Different understanding of affair? I mean, what's yours? I mean, for me, anything romantic and/or even slightly sexual has to be an affair and I don't understand the view that, for example, swapping love letters, kissing and getting romantic is not affair if there's no intercourse in it (just swapping compliments, flowers, gifts etc, hugging and kissing on the cheek doesn't cut it but any degree of sexual interaction does already and come on, it's not like kissing isn't cheating). I don't think you hold that view, so...? But if you prefer to leave it alone, I won't complain. :p

Thanks for the chips. Want some booze? I'm sure you do. Come, take a shot. :evil:

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Figures. The nicest days in the forecast are before and after the weekend. :grr:

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I hate work...yesssss I most certainly do! MY lousy pay check was only $575 this time around...which is the smallest check I've ever recieved since I started there. :grr:

I need a second job...or a better job...or a rich g/f that I can marry that I can mooch off of for the rest of my life. :money: :rolling:

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

You know guys, I remember when the first ever Random Babbling Post came about ;)

Apart from Tal, I havn't seen any of the old gu- ! Hey Chev! Any of you old timers still about? :D

8. Kitrax

Media:
    Chev isn't that old in SP years...hell, I'm *older* than he is here. :rolling:

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

... I remember you too! :D Though not quite with that Avatar lol

10. Kitrax

Media:
    Yeah, good ol' "Spiky" got retired. And I am not old. 3 years is "middle-ageed" for an online community. Next year I'll be old. :rolling:

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I already knew that. You're probably the biggest party animal on this entire site! :banana: :banana: :banana:

:sick: Ewww. I much prefer fresh meat. Besides, what's the point of food if you can't chase it a little first? :evil:

@Chevalier:
    :shake: I don't think anyone who repeatedly brags about getting 100% on the purity test (twice in this thread alone) and got LG on the alignment test should be allowed to use the :evil: smiley.

12. chevalier

Media:
  13. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Bloody hell Chev, did you just discover that site or something? :shake:

I vote we all give a group donation to Tal to bribe him to permenantly change chev's name to "The Quizmaster", or something. :D

(BTW, I am apparently an idiot, getting only 12 right. Eh.)

14. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Since I've started taking care of my mom, I've let the dishes slide. First it was a week, then two between the times I did the dishes. I think this batch has been in there since I registered. :lol: So now, with a little more than a month's worth of dishes in the sink, I'm trying to clean them all before my uncle comes up for my grandfather's birthday, which is only TWO days away! :help:

As I've delved down to the depths of the dirty dishes, I've uncovered smells that have made me gag uncontrollably. I had to turn on a fan to get enough of the smell out of the kitchen to be able to keep working. An unfortunate side-effect of this is that the smell has to go somewhere. So instead of reducing the smell, I'm just spreading it around the entire HOUSE, and now I'm having a hard time finding my appetite so I can have some dinner. :sick: I'm going to try to have dinner upstairs, which hopefully isn't as putrid. Wish me luck. :(

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

sorry chev, not even going to bother with THAT test :p

16. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Yea, Harbour boy, I was working on a farm at the time. As whoever posted after yours pointed out, yes I was slightly careless, and ended up falling awkwardly. Can still work in short stretches, but it's a pain in the ass (and lower back again).

Taking the test now...

Congratulations. You got a perfect score. You're not an idiot. Do evolution a favor, and have a million kids. Alright? Thanks.

They were easy questions...

But I don't believe in evolution, but ladies, if you're up for helping me with the kids part...

17. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

MATH WIZ

LMFAO. YOU GOT 15 CORRECT.

Congratulations. You got a perfect score. You're not an idiot. Do evolution a favor, and have a million kids. Alright? Thanks.

Sheesh, that wasn't even high school math.

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31

The scary thing is 45% of people scored less than 15/15.

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *waves*

Damn, I am a lazy bum tghese days, forgot to even spam about my con trip - am in an ovwerpriced net cafe in Helsinki at the moment, aboyut to meet lots of old friends .- and some new ones - and also about to get kicked off the computer.

Missing you guys already.

Now, of to play tourist :D

20. Atari Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Worked two weeks only to find out my only day off was canceled and I have to come in and work. I am dreading tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.