1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #40

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Probably because to Chev, it's cheating to even think of another woman, if you're married.

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

That guy has an awsome collection. I wish I could own half of those.

3. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

BOO!!

Yes, I'm back, albiet briefly today.
    Betach no-one missed me, betcha all forgot about me.... ;)

Anyway, been working my butt off, get maybe a day off a week so it's all good, and finally found an internet cafe near home so I'll hopefully be able to get back more often. Anyway, time's running short before I have to get ready for work tonight so I'm just gonna pop in to a few of my old haunts here and bail once more. Hope to be back real soon people. :banana:

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Aldazar, what disaster has befallen your life this time? You always have something tragic to tell us about. I always think of you as the unluckiest person I know(ish)

5. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Quite the opposite in fact (well, almost) I'm getting plenty of hours at work so I must be proving quite valuable to them, my 3-year-old's mother has had an amazing change of heart and is letting me see Riley every Wednesday, all day, as well as getting regular visits from them both, AND she and I are getting along really well and even discussing the possibility of getting back together (long story, and if we get back together I'll be strenuously advising we get couselling together). The only bad thing is that I still haven't seen Nathaniel (my almost-8-year-old) and it's been about 3 years now I guess.

Plus, working behind a bar cna introduce you to some seriously hot women who aren't looking for much in the way of commitment, just good, safe, consenting fun.

You never know though, my luck may return to what it was any time.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

ah. wb Aldazar, we missed you at thr quote game :D (said this in the purity test thread already though :bang: ) while the lucks going though might as well have as many nights of good, safe, cconsenting fun as you can ;)

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Bad day in the hay field today. Pulled a bale off the chute before it fell off going around a corner, and it came down hard--hyperextending my knee slightly, then later, when I missed a bale in a similar situation, I had to jump off the wagon, and my foot slid, causing me to fall and land on my hip. At least I was the only one not getting stung by the Bumblebees that were disturbed at one point...

8. Harbourboy

Gnarfflinger, once again I have no idea what on earth you are talking about. Did you visit some sort of farm-related theme park / assualt course?

9. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I imagine he was tending to bales of hay coming from a chute and he was careless. He ended up hurting himself. Hope you're feeling better, Gnarff.

10. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Working on cruise ships sucks, although the pay is pretty good. I just noticed they have a pc with an internet connection. Well, I better get back to work, a couple of thousand more dishes to do today, so I better get started. :p

11. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Hi everyone, I'm getting MARRIED - this saturday :help:

12. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Anybody else notice that Designated Religion Argument Thread spells DRAT? :lol:

@Lynadin:
    I grieve for thee. :cry: ;)

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The same way you can have a relationship with someone without sex. Let's say, things that aren't necessarily sexual but not something you would do with your sister (or not the same way as you would with a sister). Acting like a romantic couple isn't perhaps an accurate description but the best I can think of right now. Would you believe that there are Christians who say (heck, more like preach) that it's okay to have several romantic partners at once, so long as you sleep with none? The trend is growingly popular and I've actually come across a clergyman talking such things.

In sexual or romantic ways? But of course. It's not a problem when you see her and think what a nice, beautiful, smart or whatever girl she is. But it when it grows into fantasising, there is a problem. Whoever looks on a woman to lust after her, has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

@Aldazar: Welcome back! ;)

@Lynadin: Requiem aeternam dona eis... :D :lol:

But, seriously, congrats! :thumb:

[ July 21, 2005, 11:43: Message edited by: chevalier ]

14. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Summer vacation's started, only most of the students at my school are all at either libraries, private lessons or at school listening to CLASSES...sheesh
    Confucius really did it for us, I tell you. :mad: :D

15. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Painful deah to fun spoilers, player killers, those who don't follow the rules, and any other annoying subspecies of the multiplayer games universe!

16. Felinoid

@Chevalier:
    So this is one of those thoughts=actions things. How would you classify aritistic appreciation? (e.g. Damn, that girl looks hot!)

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

just asking chev, but do you seriously believe this or are you just exaggerating?

@Lynadin

There's still time to do a runner ;) and that smiley you used is hilarious :D

18. chevalier

Media:
    @Felinoid:

That's not artistic appreciation. It's sexual appreciation. Artistic appreciation would gravitate in the direction of beautiful, charming, awe-inspiring etc rather than hot, sexy, whatever.

Still, there's no problem in recognising someone as sexually attractive. One would have a medical problem if he didn't feel attracted to attractive people of the opposite gender. There's a problem in acting on the attraction. Fantasising is already acting, as it requires a previous choice.

@Enagonios: I'm absolutely serious (and it was a verbatim quote from the Gospel according to Matthew :p ). Notice two things: "lust" and "to". It doesn't say anything about being attracted to someone or judging him as attractive. It concetrates on looking at someone in a sexual way, in order to incite or quench your sexual urges. The same way as it is already wrong to contemplate murdering your wife, it's already wrong to contemplate betraying her with another woman.

19. Felinoid

@Chev: I bet you don't even flirt. :rolleyes:

Where are all the party animals on this site? A little innocent flirting doesn't hurt anyone. So long as you don't actually think about doing anything, it's just a simple compliment on someone's looks. Some women actually need strangers to say these things to validate their self-image (sad but true).

20. chevalier

Media:
    Hey, what's wrong with complimenting someone on looks, smarts, conversation skills or anything? Come on, it's perfectly normal, even between guys or with blood relations. Sexual conversations are a whole different thing from this. You can tell a nun she's pretty, so what? It's bad when the conversation is had to jerk off verbally or prepare the ground for an improper relationship but nothing is wrong with telling people you like them or appreciate them.

Everyone needs a kind word every now and then. I guess a sincere and polite compliment is always welcome, whoever and wherever you are. Or at least should be. I've been complimented on my looks by married ladies twice my age, so what?

[ July 21, 2005, 22:20: Message edited by: chevalier ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.