1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is with this dragon

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by garathorn, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Alex, please...

He speaks of things I don't understand (GWWA - what's that!? 33rd level - never heard).
    If you need someone (something) to bust cheaters' games, just continue suggesting them to use that :-X util as you always do.

3. Alex Gems: 12/31

Veteran

/me smacks himself as he re-reads guengs message and notices the 'in ToB at 33rd level and thus removes the CHEATER line in his previous message

C'Mon Extremist, didnt you enjoy Imoen much more as a thief? I did. Thats about all I ever used SK for.

GWWA = Greater WhirlWind Attack

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited August 01, 2001).]

4. garathorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

the red dragon is easy but where do i froge his scales into armour

5. Marmeille Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Cromwell in the Docks district will forge that armor for you, among other things.

[This message has been edited by Marmeille (edited August 01, 2001).]

6. Thorr Gems: 5/31

The traps shouldn't even work on the dragons. They look like you want to catch an elephant in a trap for mouses.
    And this is said by a thief ...

7. garathorn Gems: 5/31

thanks ill give cromwell a try (if thats how you spell his name) and is there any other dragons beside the black, red and silver

8. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] well,just too many ways to kill a dragon,once i tried summonning a pit fiend before Firkraag,but that looter stand there doing nothing,maybe dragon is so evil and powerful that a fiend from hell will be cowed and run so far as soon as possible,so frustrating.

9. garathorn Gems: 5/31

i killed the red dragon once again today using the advice of Regusa and they were right lightening ripes em up then i went to cromwel (still cant spell his name i dont think) and got the armour forged thaks for the loads of help

10. Gwyddyon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Alex, on the trap issue consider this: dragons, particularly Firkraag, are so sure of their own superiority that they wouldn't even consider puny traps set up by mortals to be a threat :)

11. DemoGorgon Guest

The red dragon scale armor is awesome. I had it in my paladin and its worth the money. Also, done forget to take that awesome sword of him.

12. garathorn Gems: 5/31

do you know with that armour you can also ware rings cloaks and necklaces of protection cause the dragon armour isnt considered a magical item

13. TheBully Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You could perhaps save some of your money if you went to all the shops and bought loads of expensive stuff, stashed it in a chest somewhere, saw the dragon then went back and sold the lot. Sure you would lose A LOT of money but its better than losing it all right?

14. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

So does anyone except me take on dragons in a stand up fight without resorting to one hit kill monks, traps all around them or sit in the fog and cloudkill them to death? Thats about all i ever seem to hear about fights against dragons.

15. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Of course you aren't the only one who likes to bring down a puny little dragon in a fair magic and/or melee fight ... take me for example <shakehead>

16. Alex Gems: 12/31

Veteran

I just send my 4 fighters in, one on each side so he cannot buffet them all away, the most resistant to fire in front.

17. Athalon Gems: 5/31

If you have not gotten Throne of Bhaal yet, EXPLOIT the bugs! Create a Wizard's Eye. It acts like a toy for the dragon. Then either use your wizards cast MAGIC MISSILE and CONE OF COLD. If your lucky, you'll freeze the dragon and his resistance won't get in your way much. Or you can use brute force method, Kensais and Monks.

[This message has been edited by Athalon (edited August 03, 2001).]

18. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] So what you're saying there Athalon is a no to my question? And i have ToB, and taking the dragons on in my usual way, instead of the wuss way out ;)

19. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Vermillion, using quivering palm is NOT 'exploiting a bug.' It's a special ability built into the rules...a powerful one, admittedly, but it's there all the same. To say that using it (especially when you're soloing with a monk) is akin to cheating is like saying that using flesh to stone or any other insta-death tactic is somehow ungentlemanly. This is a dragon, for cryin' out loud. Your party must not be endowed with a great deal of intelligence if all they can think to do is whack it with swords.

20. Gueng Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Having a one-on-one fight Monk v. Dragon is a lot of fun ("I know Kung-Fu"). I'm not talking about the stupid 1-in-10 chance of hitting it with a Quivering Palm, either. (BTW, I haven't even capped my Monk yet, Alex. Glad you caught the ToB before completely flipping out) About the traps... I've only done that a couple times and it was only a suggestion. Actually, the first time I used traps against a Dragon, I lured it over to where they were after attacking it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.