1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: The ultimate "Who would win in a fight?" poll!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sticker, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Dragon Reborn, Schmagon Reborn, I say. His only power is the power to send everyone else to sleep by being in the longest, most tedious, and most money grabbing series of books ever.

Even Fitzchivalry would waste him for crimes against literature.

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

lol, by poisoning his water jug :shake:

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Ach! Knew I'd forgotten something. Have now voted for the Seeker.

4. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

You guys are all a bunch of nerds :p

Much as I love Fitzchivalry Farseer, he has no place here. He's not of the same caliber combatwise. Jamie Lannister ... definetely not after the last book. :grin: Minsc is a good guy, but not smart enough to keep up with the others. Same problem with Wolverine, though his regeneration compensates for that. Certainly he can keep up with anyone short of Rand Al'thor and Tomas. Maybe Luke too, though I think Luke'd be shredded to bits first. Drizz't... just no. Good fighter, but no truly worth mentioning magical capabilities.

Personally, I say it's a tossup between Rand, Richard and Tomas.

Of course, Rand and Richard are written as the all might all powerful, so that's not really fair :) (they are basically copies of one another) Both suffer from bad writing, so ;)

I like Fitz most :D

5. ethis123 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Aragorn would kick ass in the first round, after all Wolverine would struggle with his head cut of and he is a better swordsman than the rest, plus he has his own successful movies unlike the others (well except Wolverine). Rand would annihilate in the other two rounds, this guy has a habit of wiping out entire armies and he has three hot girlfriends. Lukes bad hair cut would be a major disadvantage, as everyone would be making fun of him. And the fact that he kissed his sister..

6. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

It all depends on if Mutant / Jedi powers are eliminated in the bout with no magic items at all. If Wolverine could still regenerate, he'd take everyone out by means of sheer attrition. But without regeneration, I'd take Conan -- his skill with weapons is pure training and sheer bloodthirstiness -- without the Force Luke would be dead in the water, sabre or no.

For the second one, I'd go with Rand -- can anyone say "Balefire"? Not to mention that with either that HUGE freaking sa'angreal or even Callendor(sic) he'd totally kick buttinsky, Force, Sword of Truth, shapeshifted Dragon, Valheru gear or whatever notwithstanding. The same goes with the third -- balefire kills people before it hits them, and with those items, he could generate a lot of it.

How come no Elric?

7. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

Minsc, clearly.

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LDK is right. Elric with Strombringer would kill all, in every round (although I still think the Avatar with vas corp, which kills all enemies with one spell, would have a chance in rounds two or three). Stormbringer sucks the soul and kills anything it's blade touches -- and transfers that victim's strength to Elric. Kill one of those other guys and Elric would be a demon, two kills and he would become unstoppable.

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

i beg to differ. wolverine is very intelligent. he's been a spy, an assassin and a ninja among other things. ;)

10. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

But Minsc has Boo on his side. How could he possibly lose?

11. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

One word.

Balefire.

Go Rand!! :D

12. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I just had a thought -- I don't know this Rake fellow, but if he is, as was quoted, 20,000 years old, then he'd have some pretty sweet tricks with a sword. On that basis, I'd say he'd be able to take just about anyone in a bout to first blood. Experience counts!

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I just thpought of something... Where's Xena? And the other kickass fantasy heroines?

*thinks*

Unfortunately, there is a shortage of such heroines... but Xena should be there :p

14. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

If only Raistlin Majere was there. He managed to kill two dozen or so gods.

15. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Is Boo considered a magical item? :p

I can't decide between the Dragon Reborn and the Seeker, as someone as said before, they are like copies of one another. But the fight between the two would surely be awesome.

In a no-magic-or-magic-items-allowed contest, Richard would be dead meat soon. After all, the Seeker gets all his swordmanship from the spirits of those who used the Sword of Truth. I'd vote for Rand, he's a better all rounder.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Raistlin would get his ass handed to him in Round 1 though :D

17. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

luke, he knows what you're gonna do before you even know you're gonna do it.

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I finally read this and, though, I can't say I know more than five of the fighters.

Round One: Conan. He wasn't just hack-n-slash. He did quite a bit of thinking to get through some of his battles.

Round Two: Since a lot of the contestants are 'magical' in some way, I have no vote.

Round Three: Luke, for that f***ing Force pull. He can jerk the weapons from the hands of others. I hate it when Jan pulls that cr*p in Jedi Academy.

For the ladies: Xena, Wonder Woman, Charlie's Angels, Catwoman, Leia Organa-Solo, Mara Jade-Skywalker and Natasha Kerensky.

Minsc has an animal companion, his brain, Boo. I wouldn't count Boo as magical. Superman, though, his powers are from Earth's yellow sun so how do you 'cut him off'? He works fine in the dark according to what I know.

19. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Where's the bad guy poll. Vader, Saurmon, Dracula? Who can beat the undead in a fight to the death? Ooohh the carnage makes me hungry.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.