1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Favourite Alcoholica

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ragusa, May 30, 2005.

1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Liquor kinda guy. Of course, I haven't really tried many beers. I heard Sleeman's is good.

2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

German wheat beers are good, Guniness from Ireland (shipping has a nasty effect on the taste) most Belgian beers, especially Hoegarrden with lemon. Sorry I cannot stand USA beer, its just a fizzy bottle of piss.

Spanish and Chile red wines, Bailey's and Brogans 'Irish creams', Vodka and Bushmills Whiskey.

These are my favourits depending on the mood.

Whats wrong with Cider's? They can be just as strong, and in some cases much stronger than some Belgian beers! If you want real cider try Magners.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Beer. On this trip I've been able to try several kinds too :beer:

4. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

No we don't! I assure you we drink a lot, you just don't hang out with the right people :D

I usually drink Karhu, finnish beer. When I can afford it (never) I like a good smokey whiskey.

5. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm... beer!

Beer is what I like the most.

I don't like those sweet lemonade kind of alcoholic drinks. I also don't like anything mixed with non-alcoholic drinks. I like my alcohol pure.

6. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It's true! We drink like crazy!

7. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Yes you do. ;)

I hang out with the right people it's just you who have not seen some hardcore Finnish drinking. You may drink like crazy but Finns they drink like their life would depend on it. :lol:

Seriously though the difference is not that big but there is a notable difference. Less drinking just for the sake of drinking your brains out and more drinking for fun. ;)

8. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

It all depends on the occasion. If I'm going out to a pub then my preference is a decent English bitter, Speckled Hen, Tangle foot, Directors, I'll usually choose something I haven't tried yet. I'm also a big fan of Belgium trappist beers, (Chimay for example).
    For an apperitif, I rather like a sweet sherry. With a meal I'll usually choose a decent red wine, South African Shiraz for preference. Port obviously pops up if I'm having cheese. To round off an evening, a something a little stronger, either a glass of whiskey, though I prefer the Irish to the Scotch, or a Sloe Gin. Summer-time usually involves pitchers of Pimms and the occasional G&T, Winter is more likely to be mulled wine. Parties tend to involve cocktails, with the almost obligatory Long Island Iced Tea to be included.

Not sure where you get the idea that Cider is "soft". Try a glass of scrumpy if you're ever in Somerset. (The proper ones are only sold by half pints)

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] This isn't exactly SS material either, so moving to Whatnots...

10. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Stella Artois normally, but I like a lot of other drinks...

Kronenburg (spl?)
    Grolsche (again, spl?)
    Gin and juice (any gin will do)
    Whiskey, preferably JD
    Hoegraden
    Pitchers of various shorts and juices
    Vodka and maybe redbull if Im out clubbing as its cheap as chips
    Tequila... hmmm... nuff said...

...that looks a bit excesive...

11. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Turkish Raki with fish and any kind of Votka to get drunk. it's a shortcut to numbness :)

12. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

...oh yeh and WKD! those bottles always come in handy if your in the wrong part of town! Im not a violent drunk, honest...

13. Ban'Darlae Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Carlsberg, defenitly the best beer in the world. Although Eristoff is pretty honest for a wodka too.
    Lol, I love commercials for alcohol. They make me thirsty though. Cheers.

14. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Morgoroth, my mom's from eastern Finland and my dad's from the west coast (speaks swedish), so I know both sides. ;)

15. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Beer of course...
    I prefer Efes Pilsen but I won't say no to any beer (I don't count Miller as beer)

16. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Liquor, preferably Vodka.

Whisky isn't bad either;)

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Ï am a freak. I can't stand beer.

And as a note, if you southern pansies think you know how to drink, come to North and we'll show you how it is done :p

But to be somewhat on topic and just not to bash myy countrymen, I would have to note that Smirnoff Ice has addictive qualities.

18. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Indeed and I have friends from boths sides (my parents are both Finnish but I've had my education in Swedish),and so I've had years time to observe the differences. It might also be regional though. In any case I don't drink as much as I used to and I'm quite happy about it. I do hope some of my friends would come to realize the enlightment of moderate drinking too. ;)

19. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Liquor is such a broad choice. A secondary choice of Liqueur may have been appropriate (liqueurs are typically 40 proof while hard liquor is 80+).

But I have favorites in all categories:
    Hard Liquor: Jack Daniel's Old Number 7 -- straight, nothing should dilute JD except ice.
    Liqueur: Bailey's -- good in coffee, good in cocoa, good on ice cream, good straight, ...
    Wine: Chateau Ste. Michelle's Johannisberg Riesling. Colombia Valley grapes make wonderful wines that easily rival wines throughout the world -- but at a reasonable price. This particular wine is definitely a dessert wine.
    Beer: There is only one true beer -- Guiness. All other's are just diluted down wannabees.

20. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Jack Daniels: definitely my favourite (with Polish vodka a close runner up).

@T2Bruno: no ice!!!!
    But I do agree with you about Guinness. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.