1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

AC Milan v Liverpool - Champions League final!!!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Son of Bhaal, May 24, 2005.

1. Lawless Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I think it was shocking that the Liverpool keeper moved all around the place trying to put off the players. Secondly, for more than one of the penalties he was off his line which should result in a retake. Also, I think it was gerrard's goal, the assisstant had his flag raised for offside but took it down again after the ref didnt spot it. His flag should have stayed up and the goal should not have been given.

I think AC were robbed and NO I am not an AC fan.

2. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Well done Liverpool - a horrible way for Milan to loose it but Schev totally bottled it at the end - his penalty was sh*te. Rafa got his tactics all wrong in the first half. I never really seen too much of Kaka before but his skill is mesmorising.
    2nd half a different story Gerrard was class and it was good to see the premier league's 5th best side doing the job in Europe!

Lawless, how about the Milan player handling in the box? Gatusso's professional foul? If the linesman was sure he would have kept his flag up wouldn't he? Yes dudek did move a couple of feet of his line? But who do you support anyway? If Celtic or Rangers or any other scottish team were in the final against Milan I'd be backing them.

3. TBurma316 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Sarevok... HA!

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

It doesn't matter who you support. If you break the rules, you break the rules.

5. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I just read the replies from the beginning to the end in this thread, and it sure gave me some laughs. I myself couldnt believe that they scored 3 goals so fast, and the only hope I saw for Liverpool was if the defense got lazy (which it usualy does when your up by 2 or more).

Bragg: scoring 3 goals in 15 minutes is nothing, the team I cheer for, AIK, did it against the league champions with 12 minutes left in the second half when they were down by 3.

6. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

He's probably a Man Utd supporter, they don't give a **** about any other team apart from them selves...

...still in major shock, and I think my hangover is kicking in... owwwww!

7. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31

Veteran

In that case Caleb, should Gatusso have been off the field and maybe Maldini as well if it was him who handled in the area? How would Milan have faired with only 9 or 10 men?
    I support a club that finished mid table in the premiership - and I would back any british club that made it into the champions league final, even Man Utd.

Apart from maybe one...........

8. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Last week, Barça became league champion, so there were lot of celebration, the next day, people who own shops and houses along the way of the "celebrating caravana" found broken glasses, shops robbed, etc., why people can't just celebrate instead of doing such wreckage?
    Did that happened in Liverpool case?

9. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31

Veteran

That sort of thing happens every night in Liverpool! :p

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wow, those crowds in Liverpool were huge. I wish "You Never Walk Alone" had more words. It must grate a bit after hearing it the 1000th time.

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bahir, the same AIK that is now a mid table team in the second division? ;) Mmmm, superettan AIK, how sweet.

12. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

it was the greatest game i've ever been to. i was with my cousin and we were surrounded by Liverpool fans so we cheered for them. it was amazing, people didnt stop cheering even when it was 3-0

13. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Bahir - the actual scoring of the three goals took less than 7 minutes from 54th to 60th of the game.

Misanthrope - It's official, I hate you. Or perhaps I just wish I'd been there? :)

14. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

actually i'm on a streak of seeing good games. i went to Besiktas-Fenerbahce game about two months ago, we (i'm a Besiktas fan) beat them 4-3 with 10 men and our goalkeeper was sent off so we had to play with a forward at the goal and it was 3-3 at the time. Then i was at Besiktas-Ülker (basketball) game and we won by Khalid El-Amin's last second three pointer. but this final topped them all. :happy:

15. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

OK, I think its finally sunk in... I watched the half million fans welcome the bus through the city on TV and it was awesome! Also just heard the chairman at UEFA thinks the cup holders deserve to defend the cup, so hopfully we'll see you all next season... COME ON LIVERPOOL!!!!

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

best game i´ve ever seen. was for milan though :rolleyes: liverpool's defense was awesome, that dudek is so lucky :mad: guess i wont be wearing my shevchanko jersey today :rolleyes:

17. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

Im going to get it on DVD when its available, I could watch it over and over again for the rest of my life!

Now all Im waiting for is the meeting of Uefa's executive committee in Manchester on 17 June to decide if we can defend our cup!

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

oh, it hasn´t been decided yet? I heard someone on CNN say something ^that sounded like UEFA had already decided that they wouldnøt be allowed to.

19. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

As far as Im aware thats what they have stated, but the chairman (I think) of UEFA made another statement saying he thinks the cup holders have every right to defend thier title and the comitee will meet up to discuss this, I have no idea if it will go one way or the other, its still not concrete...

20. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The winner isnt automatically qualified as it stands now, which is kinda odd but I find it hard to change in the middle of the draw to, in this case, allow Liverpool defend their title. Means that one team that thought they would get to the CL wont and that isnt fair either. Change it to next season and let Pool bite the bullet or try to accomodate one extra team in some way but dont remove some poor team who is set on CL and calculated with it in their budgets and so on.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.