1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

today is 05-05-05

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by teekc, May 5, 2005.

1. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

i was thinking of putting this under random babbling. But then it will take me another 100 years to come to this event. For this alone, 05-05-05 deserves an individual topic itself. This is your once in the lifetime to see this. Isn't this wonderous? We invented numbers and mathematic, wonderously numbers and mathermatic worked magically in nature. Isn't this something? This is one of the rare days when no matter what practice you habitually use, U.S. system, Chinese system, etc, the date you write will be correct in all.

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    There has got to be some great significance to this number. Let us see. 05+05+05=15. 1+5=6. Ah ha! The number 6. Does this in some way tie in with the thread re the #666 or 616?

3. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

It does if you are a Slipknot fan...

4. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

A year before there was 04-04-04.
    A year later there will be 06-06-06.
    A fun 12 years we are having :grin:

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    My daughter was born on December 12, 2000. So in seven years, seven months and seven days, she will be 12 years old on 12/12/12. (I am easily amused.)

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Yay for numbers! :grin:

7. Morghak Steelhammer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Actually today at 5:05:05 pm the time will be 05:05:05 05/05/05

05.05.05 comes only once in 100 years

and coinciding with 'Thursday(5th Day of the week) comes once in 7000 yrs.

Have fun!!!

8. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Isn't thursday the 4th day of the week?

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

No, Sunday is the first day of the week so that makes Thursday the fifth day.

Personally, I was more fond of 20/02/2002 but these date number things are kind of silly really.

My mother seemed to think that there was something incredibly profound last year when I turned 29 on the 29th in the same year that my brother turned 20 on the 20th. It was kind of a neat coincidence but there certainly didn't seem to be anything special about it.

10. teekc Gems: 23/31

just that you don't understand the mystery of numbers that mean there is no meaning in it.

11. Arendil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

JSBB - I heard a lot about how special was 02.02.2002...

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

No, Monday is the first day of the week.

Anyway, teekc how does 5/5/05 come out the same no matter what system you use? Surely it only works under the Christian based calendar. isn't the Chinese one completely different?

13. Arendil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Nope, HB...seven day week is based on Jewish and then also Christian tradition. And seventh day is/was Saturday. Sunday was a normal, first day of a week until Jesus Christ make it a very special day...

14. teekc Gems: 23/31

lunar calander is 27th day of the 3rd month of chicken year. but then the zodiac cycle is 60 years a cycle doesn't really record what exactly this year is. The only "traditional" way to record this exact year is 27th day of 3rd month of 94th year republic of china (i.e. taiwan)

but then who cares today is 05-05-05 on the 5th day of the week. ~~~ miminc spooky sound ... wuuuu weeeee wuuuuuu ~~~~~

15. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

My best mate was looking forward to the 05.05.2005 :D for the Star Wars episode 3 game!
    I remember back in 1999, when it was 9/9/99 at 9:09 AM - Our teacher told us that a certain number of 9's in sequence was a command line for shutting down a computer and that some people thought that the all computers were going to shut down at that moment.

16. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Hmm, I pointed this out to several people, who didn;t care. Uncultured Philistines all.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.