1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Technological Inventions

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Misantrophe, May 4, 2005.

1. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Is that all Fara? :rolleyes:

Right now, I want a proper coffee making machine. :coffee:

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Maybe her machine makes coffee too. :D

3. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    A true suitcase neutron bomb.

I assume I don't have to explain why :p

4. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

A machine that would work like the time stop spell. Five minutes before a school paper is due you just cast time stop and finish the paper. ;)

5. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The time machine would be great, if you did not 'age' while time was stopped.

Fara Senefsdottir invincibility/immortality is no good if you become trapped in a cave, pit etc. It could take you 1000's of years to be discovered!

6. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

@ Cesard -Yeah, but the telepathy would enable me to move any and all obstructions out of the way so that I could get out. And if that didn't work, The immortality/invincibility would mean that I could dig out without having to worry about hurting myself or getting tired. And the 4-digit IQ would lend itself well to figuring out the best method of escape. Sure, it'd be boring, but so what? That's what show tunes are for.

@ Shrikant & Jag - Nah. Coffee's evil. Apples wake you up faster, are healthier, and taste better. Plus, you don't have to worry about making it, since it's already made for you.

7. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

A pill of nanites that would, using your original genetic structure, construct your body into its peak performance. Your age, strength, endurance, dexterity etc would all become the best they can be. It would also protect you from all kinds of harmful physical changes such as disease, poison or cancer, and almost instantaneously heal you from any possible wounds.

Basically these nanites would re-build your body to represent what it could be as its best, and then keep the status quo, preventing any further changes. The only thing they wouldn't fiddle with would be the development of your nerve cells / pathways. While alzheimer's, parkinson's etc would all be equally harmless to you, you could still develop your own mind and body coordination skills as much as you liked.

And of course, these nanites would share a common link at all times, and have the memory space & ability to store the "essence of your mind" so to speak. So that if at any time you would die, only a few batches of the nanites would need to survive to rebuild your body and imprint your mind into the brain, making you feel as if you'd only taken a long sleep. If too many of the nanites had been destroyed, you would have gaps in your memory. But it would still be you.

And of course, no harmful side-effects. Because of the status quo idea, the Outer Limits thing where the nanites developed the body beyond what it was ever supposed to be (into a hideously ugly thing not meant to house a human mind who still wanted to be a human) and refused to let it die, would be impossible.

That's just the usual fun cliché thing. I suppose the really useful technological invention would be something that would translate the experiences and emotions people have into a common language. So that people would actually reach true understanding with one another. No matter what your religion, skin colour, social background or whatever was, you would be on the same line with everyone else. No more wars because the people fighting those wars would actually genuinely realise how stupid it was. It would also help to recognize the truly sick individuals from the healthy ones, so they could be put away and hopefully be cured.

For the lack of a better description, call it a device that would unite all people into the same single hivemind. Where everyone would understand the good of the whole... and each other. Not so that they would lose their individual identities and become slaves to the system, but so that they would learn to appreciate themselves and others all at the same time. Don't know if that's even possible though.

8. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Something that would enable me to stop the time, perhaps a microchip installed in my brain that responds to the word "aardvark".

Needless to say, clothes for the women of my choise would dissapear,I would be a billionare, all the people I dont like would be gone and I would rule the world without anyone knowing it.

I would also need a teleporting device so that I can move while the time is stopped, walking would be too slow when it comes to traveling to other continents.

One of Fara's pills would do good too, because I want to stay in power for some time, although I would like another pill for killing myself, because I doubt that living for infinity could become quite boring.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.