1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Crom Faeyr

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Vlajec, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Vlajec Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hy! I'v colected all items trough the game,all but not Hammer of Thunderbolts,wich I need to make Crom Fayer.If somebody culd tell me where is that hammer?

[ February 17, 2005, 14:57: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Through a secret door in the sewers beneath the temple district. You'll need a key, I believe called the sewer key and found in the windspear hills, but I might be wrong.

3. Vlajec Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks!

4. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Be prepared however! Before you enter this area you'll get a hint of what you'll face there. :)

5. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    yes, the key can be looted off the corpse of Tazok, or a chest in same room as him in Windspear hills. The door this opens in the sewers beneath the temple district will lead you to an area where the hammer of thunderbolts is eventually located.

6. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Is it ever explained why Tazok has the key and how he is mixed up in the business. I don't recall

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

No, there is absolutely no reason at all.

8. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

My guess:

Frikraag has been keeping tabs on you since Candlekeep. He has been ploting his revenge against Gorion. He figures Tazok would be a loyal lieutenant since hates your guts. You killed him (maybe twice) after all. A simple resurection spell has brought him back.

:heh:

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@ Aces - That part isn't all that strange - the question is how exactly has it come to pass that he has the key to a sewer based mind flayer colony.

10. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The only explanations I can think of are...

1. Tazok's claim about being backed by a greater power than you have ever seen, which seems to refer more to Firkraag; or

2. Firkraag is in league with the Hidden and the Alhoon to gain power and control over Athkatla, and Tazok travels with or acts as his envoy, hence his possession of the key.

11. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Or Tazok's body was found by mindflayers after the fight in which you killed both him and Sarevok. This happened in the upper reaches of the underdark and it is certainly possible that mindflayers followed Sarevoks progression when he tried to start a war. The Iron Throne are evil merchant and ties with mindflayers, or their knowledge of the iron throne is possible. When Sarevok died and got vaporized they raised his right hand man to help them to follow the exploits of the bhaalspawn that killed Sarvok, namely you! Seeing your capture they use the time to gain other allies who they can use against you, should you escape. From the brain they ate out of Gorion when killed when you left candlekeep, they found out he once had messed around with a great red wyrm and let this particular dragon be in the neighbourhood! Sent Tazok and some other minions to gain the help of this monster while Alhoon and the Hidden work on getting the power in the city.

Plausible? or just nuts :nuts: ;)

12. Arngor Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hmm.. odd.. I've been over to the windspear hills, twice in the game. Once in chapter 2 and another time in chapter 6. The first time I looked around pretty much everwhere I could but second time I just whent to kill Firkraag. But this is what's annoying me: I cannot seem to be able to find that annoying key! If I could get my hands on the hammer of thunderbolts, the only thing left to find would be the girdle of frost giants strength. Please don't tell me it's found in the underdark because then I'm gonna flip.

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Tazok is by the jail cells.

Turn on your web camera -- the girdle is in the underdark (now please post the video :) ). You wake the guardians of the Demogorgon statue in the Koa-Toa area. On one of the guardians is the girdle -- you also get +3 plate and a cool +4 two handed sword.

14. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    @Thunder: Definitely nuts :D

I think Jan's quest, the Hidden and the Alhoon quest were supposed to be somehow put together into a real quest and the dev team never got around to it, so they stuck they key on Tazok just to make sure you wouldn't stumble into an Illithid hive by chance (which could be pretty nasty for a level 7 party)

15. noldor372 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

:bang:
    how do I activate the guardians?
    I can't figure out how

16. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    summon a creature, spider spawn for example, and have it crawl over demogorgan's statue.

17. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Summon any non-undead creature right at the feet of the northen statue. Thats the demogorgan. Monster Summon I works best.
    Buff up before you do that tho. A lot. :thumb:

18. San Ti Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

prepare for a hard battle though

19. Arngor Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

It's really that simple? Summon a creature at the statue? Darn it. Now while I put that up on my to-do list, here's another kinda noobish question: If you have an item that turns into a summon, (the spider statue for example) and turns back into a statue after battle, does it get destroyed, spirited away, eaten by invisible nishruus if the character holding it dies? Somehow it has completely vanished from my inventory.

20. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

I does completely vanish from your inventory. And reappears about 5 minutes after that creature has been unsummoned.
    I can't help you with that specific problem tho. My people stopped dying somewhere in Spellhold :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.