1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #36

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I don't like my job. Who's with me?

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I don't like the fact I can't get more of my job (tutoring). Would so like more hours.

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31

My job is quite enjoyable - except for when something like what just happened to me occurs.

I have been waiting for nearly two weeks for someone to provide me with the final piece of information that I need to finish an audit. I just called her (for the third time) to ask when it will be ready and I rang into a voicemail message saying that she no longer works here. Now I have to start all over again with someone else in her department. :nolike:

5. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

JSBB-

I'd be interested to hear your views on the Monty Python chartered accountancy sketch if you've seen it... :D

"But if you moved slowly towards lion taming - via banking, say..."

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

:lol: I never really thought about that - maybe I ought to get myself ready for my eventual career by going out and buying a lion tamers hat. Oh wait a minute, I do know the difference between a lion and an anteater so I guess I will just have to scratch that idea. :lol:

Really though, I am still an auditor and the area of the bank that I work for is the investment banking side of things so I am dealing more with stocks, bonds, and derivatives than I am with the traditional deposits/loans/mortgages side of banking.

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Love, life, unioverse and everything creates a mean impression of a vaccum.

I am SO glad for :beer:

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Cool - JSBB, uncover some complex trading desk fraud!

9. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Quote of the Day:

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sounds like Ben Stiller in Dodgeball. Oops - wrong forum.

11. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well I have resolved to visit my godchild, Rebecca. I don't visit her much, I'm not good godfather.
    She looking like her father more and more. How do you say visit in french? Anyway I'm right now listening to Leonard Cohen's Take This Waltz. I like that song, don't you? "Now in Vienna there is ten pretty women, there's a shoulder where death comes to cry".

12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Is Dodgeball worth watching? Or is it as dumb as it sounds...

13. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Love never sucks. Its the greatest emotion a person can feel. Thats why it hurts so much when you lose something or someone you love.

@Zurga: Your never a failure at something unless you just quit or give up. :thumb:

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

The more you care about something, the more it hurts/pisses you off when it doesn't work out...

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It's a great pain to lose someone you love. The whole world comes to an end. Everything else becomes irrelevant. But yes, love is precious and the greatest thing one can have in life. It's the greatest gift from God and we should be thankful for it. As for failure, I am a failure. God bless my love. I could die for her. With her, the better half of me is gone. I hope she finds a better guy than I am.

[ May 06, 2005, 07:43: Message edited by: chevalier ]

16. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Oh, no. Chev's starting to brood. Just immerse yourself in work.

I love my job, right before and right after it. :grin:

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Strangely I would have to say yes to both.

It is very dumb and there are a lot of jokes that don't work - but scattered throughout the film there are some really funny moments.

The old school board instructional film that they watch is a classic. :lol:

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *hugs Chev*

Life is strange.

19. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

@Chev: Why do you think that?

20. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Back, for a couple of days. Rejoice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.