1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #36

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

CLEAR THE BRIDGE!

DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!

OOWWWOOOOOOOGGGAAHHH! OWWWOOOOOOOOOGGGAAAH!

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

(Silent Hunter 3, and it's the Torpedo-Cam® that really gets me. Coupled with the fact their (the Jerrys') impact detonators work on perpendicular shots, as opposed to the Americans' detonators malfunctioning when the skipper lined up a "textbook" shot, it's working out really well.)

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

You either want to understand the spanish soaps or you want to hit on a spanish guy.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I want to understand the lyricas of Spanish pop, and I plan to move to spain 'cause they have good looking guys :p

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

shallow? naaaaaah :p

the last crusade was definitely the best of the indy trilogy. temple of doom sucked :|

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I would have to disagree with you on that Enagonios. My favourite in the Indy trilogy was Raiders of the Lost Ark, followed by Temple of Doom, with Last Crusade a distant third.

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    This is the time for the first coffee of the day.

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I thought the rule was that one languages grammar makes absolutely no sense to another language's native speaker...

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@JSBB

really? :eek: I liked them in nearly the opposite order. Last Crusade, Raiders and THEN Temple of Doom as a distant 3rd :)

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'd learn Italian.

10. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ego certus would diligo a vas of capulus...et tu Chev :lol:

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Mentioned me? Shows up with two coffees. :lol:

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

just saw terminator2 again. one of the few movies that makes me shed a tear every time i see it :cry:

.edit.

after seeing Top Gun again I really wanted to pick up a cheap pair of those aviator shades. Now, a friend of mine told me that I shoul just wait until I go to Europe in 2 weeks because they just sell them on street stalls for low prices.

Now here's my question for those of you that know/live in Spain, France or Italy: Is it true? Can I pick up decent aviator shades on street stalls? and on average how much euro would they cost? thanks guys, wouldn't wanna be suckered because I've got TOURIST plastered all over my forehead :D

[ April 19, 2005, 08:52: Message edited by: Enagonios ]

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Bored and tired and should write....

14. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

@Enagonios: it depends where in Spain you are going. In the South, if you are charged more than €10 for a pair of decent looking shades in the street markets, they're ripping you off.

15. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Why is the moon made of cheese? Rabbits don't eat cheese...

I don't like the look of spanisch people that much, they just aren't my type I guess. Still it would be fun to speak ther language...

Rabbit, where you put the keys girl?

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@colthrun

ah okay, thanks. AFAIK we're going to madrid and barcelona, I don't know where else though.. where's tha Alhambra? Because I know we're going there too.

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31

The Alhambra is in Granada - which means that you might pass through Toledo too as it is on the way from Madrid.

As to why I like Last Crusade least of the Indiana Jones films - I would have to say that I really didn't like Sean Connery as Dr. Jones Sr. and that I found the film a bit too light and silly at times. Still, I can see how some people with different tastes would like it better than Temple of Doom.

Raiders or the Lost Ark on the other hand was pure old time serial pulp adventure magic - I just don't understand how anyone could say that either sequal was better than the original but then again I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could watch Forrest Gump without being violently ill so I just shrug and live with it. ;)

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah yeah, I forgot, we'll be passing through toledo too. it's on the itinerary, just cant find the damn thing :/

bah! its sean connery that gave last crusade it's slight edge over raiders :p

I'm with you on the forrest gump thing though :sick:

19. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@ Chev
    Already in the middle of A-level Latin!

Very useful thing it is too. Off to learn French and Linguistics at Oxford in October (I'm still in the happy, telling-people stage after getting in :) ) and I'm sure Latin will come in handy.

Italian or Spanish... Well, with French and English, I think I'll be able to speak to most Europeans, and learning another Romance language would be a bit dull (if quicker.) I'd like something a bit more... foreign. Just to pick up to a basic (say GCSE) level for fun.

I'll have to pick up a few Elven phrases for posterity though... ;)

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Learn Klingon. Proven to aid your chances of employment at BioWare. :shake:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.