1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

IQ test

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/index-pop.jsp?sid=&supp=&z=

hey all, got another one of these tests. This one is actually fairly long, around 50 questions, and it takes some thinking.

here's my score:

Congratulations!
    Your IQ score is 136

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    If it's from Tickle, I've done it. I don't remember the score, but I typically score between 138-148, losing some points for language difference. I get Visual Mathematician as the profile, probably because of the language difference or I would get something much less maths intense.

[ April 07, 2005, 21:00: Message edited by: chevalier ]

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Yep, the place formerly known as emode iirc. First time I've taken a "real" online IQ test, usually it's just those 10 number smart-ass questions or around 15 easy questions with 5-second timers :eek:

I probably got lucky with the patterns and stuff as I usually can't spot those things very well. I like to think that this description is pretty accurate with the exception of the "exceptional math" part. :cool: What's the base score that this is over chev? around 150? 175?

4. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Facts Curator. This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills ? which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  5. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

If it requires registration, I sure as hell am not doing it!

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It's worth it, actually. They do send some useful info after each test on your e-mail and they have lots of tests in various categories. I've almost done them all, at least the more interesting ones, unless they have had a couple new good ones recently, which I doubt.

7. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

"Congratulations, Fara!
    Your IQ score is 138

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results."

Another philosopher. And it sounds about right, to me. Genius level would be where? 140, I'm guessing?

8. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

I think I cheated I've taken that test a couple times before and have gotten used to the answers and looked up the ones that I didn't know so I should be getting some fairly high scores if I actually tried to remember them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  9. Arendil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well, 140 - Visual Mathematician, but english is not my native...

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

aw, i was feeling so good about my 136 and everyone topped it :rolleyes: :D

11. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

@ Enagonios, Let me cheer you up, I 'only' got 129. :(

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Well, having the lowest IQ posted doesn't make me feel that bad. I am still above average, and I have a great imagination.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Don't feel bad, it just means you're the only honest one. ;)

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

bah! I answered that test honestly, mind you :p

whatd you get tal? ;) :p

I think I'm probably more of a creative theorist too. I probably got Visual Philosopher because I got lucky with soem of the patters and stuff :/

btw, if 140 is genius, what is average?

15. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

:heh:

16. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I've always wondered about that IQ. How come me and my friends all have an IQ of 120 - 160, while the average is supposed to be 100-110?

Surely I think many people are quite dumb, looking at what's going on around the world and out on the streets etc. Still the fact that I really know no-one who knows someone who's taken an IQ test and came out even as much as only a wee bit above average (let alone average or even below it) seems pretty dubious.

I know the usual responses to that: "but smart people usually hang out with smart people", "fantasy geeks and roleplayers are usually above average intelligence", "it's the real dumb ones who drag the bar down, and normal people rarely even meet them". Still considering how much propaganda I've had to put up to even in the education system of this safe home country of mine, I can't help but think that IQ is just another form of it.

Certainly knowing what I do of this world, it'd be too hard to cover such a truth. But you gotta wonder, is 120-130 IQ above average idea just some lame attempt of trying to make every average person feel smarter than the rest?

The likely answer is that even the most advanced IQ tests still rely on learned information. Due to that fact, everyone who has had education will automatically score above the average. Basically you could say that in a country like Finland for example, where everyone receives education, the actual average would indeed be 120-130. The reason why they don't make a number out of this is probably because educated people are precisely the ones you actually WANT to feel good about themselves so they become efficient and productive for the society. Some egoboost, considering it's not even something you've actually accomplished. ;)

And in my case, it's not something that's helped me move on any. Motivation, unfortunately, cannot be produced with intellect alone.

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I've always wondered that as well, Foradasthar. The theory I came up with was that because every IQ test I have ever done has been 'free', the people offering the 'free' test have probably had some sort of hidden agenda (such as trying to attract you to their website or recruit you into the Church of Scientology (a true story)). So maybe that is why they rig the tests to make us look better than we really are. Maybe if we take a proper MENSA test we'll all end up being more average.

18. Arendil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Good point HB, I guess this test is not quite reliable. I remember taking few different IQ tests in the past, and this one is easiest, and less differentiated than most. For example it lacks time limit, which is essential for any reliable test. Also some questions...I don't really understand how few of them can be answered wrong. Like:

/I\
    ---
    \I?

? is "\",or "/", or "I", or "-"....anyone have doubts...?

19. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    In contrast to what HB said, I actually had a 100 straight out score on the IQ test, which were linked too. However, I've scored 121 in the test on the MENSA HP, 131 in one I did when I was 13, and again, 136 in one I once did in a course about intelligence...
    IQ test can not be 100% trusted, not only because of hidden agendas, but also due to the fact that intelligence cannot be put in one category or another.

20. xzeon2000 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The way you think about things makes you a Concrete Thinker. This means your intelligence is grounded in a clear understanding of what is happening around you. In situations where others are confused, things are crystal clear to you. In addition, you have the unusual combination of strong verbal and numerical skills. You are able to solve equations and then use your verbal skills to explain those solutions to others.

Well, guess me and Jaguar are in the same boat. Oh well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.