1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weight Problems!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kelvon Shadowmane, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Lucky lucky skinny people. God I wish I had the problem of being too light :p

2. Newfie Banned

Work out every day, Bahir? Push yourself every day? What beginner is going to keep up that routine? Bad advice, Kelvon. Check out the site Kelvon, but remember there are a million other bodybuilding sites out there with other advice. My advice is to rest when you are sore and tired and let your body recuperate or else you will lose interest real fast if you are sore every day. Bahir is another beginner who is overtraining. Check out Flex, Muscle and Fitness and MuscleMag sites too; these are where the real bodybuilders give advice like Dorian Yates, Arnold, Lou Ferringo, and Frank Zane along with master trainers like Joe Weider.

3. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    We always want what we don't/can't have...it's the curse of mankind.

Just eat a lot, but don't go all mcDonalds. Perhaps you can start learning to cook. You might gain weight by eating home-made high cuisine in the end ;) . And women love a man who can cook. :p

And don't stop moving.

4. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Thank you all for your advice, AGAIN! Anyways I'd rather be underweight than overweight! But I tend for a near-perfect ballance.

Uytuun, I hate McDonald's, I hate fast food, I cook, I love to cook, I love home made food. Where I live, cooking is something normal, a vast majority of the men know how to cook. More out of necessity than pleasure, but most men do cook in my country.

5. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The meaning of training once a day is that you focus on a specific musclegroup and you dont have to spend much time in the gym. You wont be overtraining since you wont be using the same musclegroups in consecutive days.

And Im not a beginner...

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I disagree that someone with an ectomorphic body frame like Kelvon should be training EVERY day. Three main reasons are:
    - he'll overtrain and get injured
    - he'll get bored of training and soon get sick of it
    - his natural high metabolism will easily burn off all the food he eats.

In addition to all the eating tips mentioned above, I recommend 3 training session a week of very short duration of the highest weights you can possibly lift. I'm talking 45 minutes at the most. If you do 2 hour workouts at the gym you'll burn off too many calories. Especially if you are playing lots of sports as well.

Also note that unless you follow a really strict body building diet and follow a very regimented exercise programme, you'll won't actually ever be able to move too above your body's natural weight (healthily).

I guess the main thing to get from this thread is that there are so many different strategies (we can't all be right) to suit different people. You need to find the strategy that suits you.

7. Newfie Banned

Sorry, Bahir you discredited everybody else's advice and told the guy to take yours when you are wrong. That was very arrogant. Good bodybuilder's take heed of everybody's advice, and like Harbourboy said: find a routine that works for you. What works for you may not nessecarily work for someone else. I can tell you right now, no beginner should work out every day especially a slim guy at that age. His body won't repair itself fast enough and his poor eating habits will ensure it. Maybe you at an older age and better eating habits, sure, this works for you. What worked for Dorian Yates didn't work for Arnold.

The best thing for Kelvon to do is seek the advice of a professional nutritionist and a doctor before he seeks out any workout routine. And I am sorry I never mentioned it before, I too, got caught up in the discussion. Maybe he should not even be pushing weights, he might have some condition that will affect him. We can all point him in the direction of what it takes to gain muscle but his body should be in professional hands.

[ March 20, 2005, 10:22: Message edited by: Newfie ]

8. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I have had the same problem. Protein's the ticket though....
    Eat healthy (In healthy I mean good old solid food) and regularly, I would recommend that you start working out, and go on a protein diet.
    This gained me about 15 kilo in 6-8 months...

If you're 1.70 cm, then your ideal weight ought to be somewhere between, at least, 55-65 kilo.

9. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Eat 5 times a day, small meals.
    Excercise three times a week. Just a little. Force it upon you even if it means a quick 5 minute workout before bedtime.
    Eat proteins (beans, meat etc) after workout. and drink, drink drink (water, juice, homemade fruit shakes..).
    *just not chev's Beer of course*

10. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Im in the same sort of situation, Ive decided Im gonna start to change what I eat, Im having way too many take aways that are just no good for me at all and Im also goin to start cycling into work, think its about 5 miles a day so should get plenty of excercise from that! I dont think its about gaining weight for me, just general fitness I think as my metabolic rate is undeniably futile to overcome.

11. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

It might be metabolic rate, or just that your body is really bad at getting nutrition out of food. Like me. Had we been living 1000 years ago we would have been dead from the the natural selection of the fittest to survive.

Yet another option is worms in your guts. you can always visit your doctor, for a check.

12. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

MMmmm thats a lovely thought, I think Im gonna go and be sick now...

13. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Kelovon,
    first you're 1.70m metres *small* I'm 1,80 metres and even I'm *not tall* :wail: except when I was in Mexico, I was sort of towering then. Great that was :xx: Tall is beyond 1,90 metres these days :p

And then, when you're not eating all that much, and still bantam weight, I'd suggest - ta-dah!</font>
    • Going to the Dr. Maybe you're feeding subtenants, like a family of tapeworms
    • Even if not, going to the Dr. would be a cunning idea anyway. He could check you up and give you tips on how to gain weight in a healthy way.
    • If you don't like that, do some sports. As a man (or so I presume), you'll quickly build up muscles, thus weight, even by simply running.
    • Finally: Ever considered making your problem a principle? :shake: If you go for marathon you could as well take advantage of the litte weight you carry around with you all the time.
    :shake:

14. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Probably won't be worms. He'd weigh even less and have stomach upsets often. Problems with poopoo as well. Yeech.

15. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

49Kg is extremely low for a 1.70m tall person. IIRC, the healthy weight for the average adult is around as many kilos as the number of centimetres they go over 1m. That is, if you are 1.70m, your healthy weight should be about 70kg.

Proteins are your friends to put on weight. If you don't like meat too much, try nuts. In any case, I'd advise you to go to a good gym, and ask them for a training programme and a diet to build-up a bit of body mass.

16. Firag Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

xaxaaxxaxaax you shorties :)
    I Am 13 years old 1.68-170 And I Weight 70-90 kilos :) I Am Realy like an ogre now :)
    Kelvin Try what i do : don't sport , eat much cooked food , sleep a lot and stay much time on the computer :)

Now can some one give me so tips to lose some weight :?

17. Newfie Banned

Sounds like anything would be a start. Cut back on portions and eat healthier food, get active (go for a walk after supper, join a sports program), limit your computer time. The only thing you are doing right is sleeping a lot which is alright at your age. As long as you are not sleeping the day away.

If you don't enjoy sports, then go for walks right after a meal. Who knows, you might enjoy it so much you might take up jogging. Do a few pushups and situps every day. You will pay for it later on in life if you don't get active now.

Talk to a nutritionist or a doctor about how to lose weight. They are professionals and can evaluate your body a lot better than anyone on this board can.

[ April 19, 2005, 07:47: Message edited by: Newfie ]

18. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I find that a nice bowl of porrage with salt or honey does the trick. It keeps you satisfied until lunch, unlike a morning fry or commercial breakfast cereals.

Avoid eating after 6pm (its bad for you anyway) and you will find that you don't want to eat as much anymore.

Well thats how my family have always kept their weight under control.

19. Warduke Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Eat, eat, and eat. But not just some garbage fast food junk get quality good food, preferably with lots of protein like chicken and have a good balance of fruits and vegetables. I would suggest cutting back on the sports and in place pick up some weight lifting. Follow that for a few months and you should pack on some weight.
    Check this place out if you want some extra advice:
    http://www.discussfitness.com/

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.