1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Greatest Debate of All...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Deviant Mage, Mar 16, 2005.

1. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Nope, no Neandertal or -thals or whatever we're supposed to call them these days. Just some righteous homo sapiens sapiens beating on some other homo sapiens sapiens.

And thank you, I didn't post for months in ritual preparation to produce the awesomeness required.

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

People! My subconcious has arisen in a dream last night to tell me the answer!

Last night I had a dream that me and a friend of mine were attacked by a gang of three thugs. A rather large guy attacks my friend, who dodges his punches by barely moving, and doing moves so fast and skillfully that he barely seems to do anything at all.
    Later, when my dream-self asked him how he did it he replied that it was all part of NASA's basic training. So it seems that NASA has NINJA ASTRONAUTS!

... Of course, I think my subconcious is full of ****, so carry on :D

Also, I don't think that having a big clunky language is going to help the astronauts at all unless they escape the fight straight away. The cavemen already know what they have to do to beat these people, a few grunts and points or whatever can change their plans if need be.

3. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Yeah, what would them astronauts talk about during a fight. "Oi, Matthew, hwhat a hreally nice haircut you have today, and hisn't the hweather just crisp? By the hway, hwould you mind to step a bit to the side to prevent that unwashed individual from hitting you hwith his inferior fist hover hyour head. Thanks, dear."

I can't see that setting them on the winning track...

4. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31

If it's just a fistfight, then the ability to speak might not be huge -- but remember, there are no parameters of that sort on the fight. A longer term fight that involves the combatants separating, regrouping, etc...I think actually being able to verbalize a plan would be a massive plus.

5. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ohhh!!! :)
    I loved that episode...accually I watched the last episode of Angel less than an hour ago. I am feeling quite empty now.

"...who would win in a fight: cavemen or astronauts?"

Cavemen win. Of course the cavemen win. ;)

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I placed my vote for the astonaunts for one reason. They might know Kung Fu! Think about it...cave men's fighting stlye is, "Me Grog! Grog smash real good!"
    While astronauts have the ability to learn Kung Fu...there in which they would defeate the mindless cave men with in a matter of moves. :thumb: :rolling:

7. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

Astronauts do have the ability to learn Kung-Fu, but they DON'T learn Kung-Fu. Why would they need to? Oh I know why, in case they're fixing something in space and a space particle hurrles towards him, he can just use his kung-fu agains the space particle, right? :lol:

So, as to make things clear: Astronauts DON'T know Kung-Fu, and Cavemen AREN'T mindless!

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Since we're comparing astronauts and cavemen, it would be best, I think, if we had generic astronauts and cavemen. Sure, an astronaut *might* know kung fu, but it's not actually a part of being an astronaut.

9. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

This can not be, because there were no homo sapiens sapiens that dwelled in caves. those were homo sapiens and his predecesors. And considering the fact that homo sapins were stronger than homo sapiens sapiens are today, i guess a fight would be won by the "cavemen".

10. Ravynn Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

First of all, Neandertals actually had a language, judging by the throat thing in humans and neandertals. Further, they might have lived in caves. Take the one in Lascaux (sp?) in France. The famous one discovered in 1940 with all the paintings on it. At the front didn't they find evidence of human habitation? However, you are correct, they were not mindless by any stretch of the imagination, or else none of us would be here, or if we were, we would look like GIANT EVIL SQUID THINGS!! So show some respect to our ancestors, they could kick our @$$'s. ;) Ooh, and what if the Astronaut met and fought his greatxX grandpa, and killed him, then the astronaut wouldn't exist anymore, so would it be a draw?

11. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31

No homo sapiens sapiens have ever dwelled in caves? Ever?

*begins packing*

We'll see about that. Oh yes, we shall see.

...Now where did I put my sleeping bag?

12. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

uh... you don't have to go THAT far... :)

PS. you know my sister lives in Chicago as well, eaven though I live about 8000 KM away from Chicago.

13. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Which ever side had the most Monks. :happy:

14. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

Hardy har har... So, are the "cavemen" still leading?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.