1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Feeling old

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by CĂșchulainn, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I tend to feel old a lot. And I have a lot of white hair for a teenager...so much that people could spot them left right and centre. Then again, I hace black hair.

2. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

This is :yot: : Really? I like to 'hace' things up too... :)

3. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

But is anybody else finding themselves going "domino"? I have three white spots on one side of my head, and a single on the other. Of course this is topped off with a rapidly receding hairline.

I (and most of my friends) turn 30 this year & I'm intending to celebrate.

4. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

A friend of mine found a grey hair a couple of weeks ago and flipped out. She's 24. I informed her that at least she's not 30 and has time to grow into middle age gracefully.

As of this writing I still have most of my teeth.

@ Enagonios: Maybe it's deep; I prefer to think of it as "formative".

5. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yes, as I said before I'm 17, but I have the memory of a 60 year old. Seriously my memory sucks

6. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

It's called globalisation.

7. Sydax Gems: 19/31

I am 34, and last year I asked something similar because my mother told me that I am too old to play computer games, but I never felt old, in fact I still feel like a child and as my girfriend says I'm also act like a child (sometimes).

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I too must tell you to STFU! I'm only 20 years old, and I'm using my next pay check and my tax return to buy a new washer AND dryer, a new couch, another set of silverware, and if anything is left over, I'm going to put it aside for next month's rent payment. :( :rolling:

9. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Alright, I move that we execute all those who complain about being old. That'll teach 'em.

Is there a second?

10. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

it's the booooogey man...

11. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Squecky Wheels get the Kick!

12. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

AMaster: Second! Lousy old-feeling people... (grumble) It's probably mercy-killing anyway.

Well, except Splunge... he's allowed to.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

my little brother just turned 7 today.

just sharing.

oldies.

;) :shake:

14. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I hate it when your younger syblings start to grow up and you find yourself thinking, "back in my day", or, "when I was a lad"... feelin old is horrible...

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

heh, i actually say stuff like that now. "What are these crappy looking wrestling toys?? Back when I played with toys, they cost half the price these pieces of crap did and they looked way cooler too!" or "Spongebob Squarepants? Hell, the Visionaries would kick his ass. Even the Centurions could do it!" :D but I don't really think it's horrible.. I just really think that our generation (I'm 20) had the best cartoons and stuff :D ;) Dino Riders, Thundercats, Silverhawks, etc..

16. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

@ Enagonios: Hah, Transformers, Masters of the Universe, Mask, GI Joe... the list goes on and on. :D

Seriously, my brother turned 18 in january, got his drivers lisence, can go to pubs, now that makes you feel old. He's 8 years younger than me. :(

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Hehe, yeah those were the best cartoons ;) I'm curious though, we had these 2 cartoon shows back when I was younger and I was never really sure whether or not they were merely a local production or if they were international. Have you guys ever heard of:

Voltes V (it's a roman numeral so its pronounced five)

the show was similar to voltron, 5 people volt into a giant robot and - no fail - he would finish off his enemy at the end of every episode by cutting a "V" into its torso.

Daimos

only 1 guy inside the robot and he's hooked up to it, it's like VR, when he punches, the robot punches, etc. And iirc at the end of every episode he'd scream "Erika!!" because his girlfriend was held captive by the aliens that kept sending these robots/monsters after him.

18. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

I think that would be local, but I didn't start watching cartoons until I was about 12.

Now for the old part.

I keep getting the feeling that I'm getting old because I have failing hearing, eyesight, energy, and wake up every morning to a symphony of cracks, creaks and groans(thats just sitting up in bed).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  19. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I've just passed the halfway mark of my 17th year of life, and even I feel old a fair percentage of the time. Gods, what is it going to feel like when those digits are reversed, or even simply doubled?

20. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

yesterday i was in the library, washing my face, get ready for the next class. Upon closer inspection, i saw a few white facial hairs. i moved around to confirm that it wasn't light reflection. And it wasn't. i shaved after i get back from school.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.