1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

yeesh, there's so much spite sometimes. i was with a friend of mine last night and he was drunk as hell. we were just talking to a couple of other girls then his ex suddenly comes in (had no idea she was listening in) and starts taking cheap verbal shots at him. It was a good thing the guy she brought along had the good sense to stay quiet while she was acting like such a bitch because if he had tried to impress her by taking a few shots of his own I was pissed off enough to smack him with a bottle :mad:

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The guy probably made a couple of observations which he is going to use to his benefit in due time. ;)

3. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

@ Lord Garak The Infinite

quote: I really don't care how much weight a girl has. In ninth grade I was nuts for a chuby girl, what mattered to me was her persenality (though she did have a nice rear).

I don't care about weight issues either, but I certainly DO care about the chubbyness! Of course personality matters... a lot! But phisiques are also important! You've got to have the nice balconies and the smooth, tender legs! I mean, heck! If you'd meat one of them hags that look like "The Old Woman" in Gemmell's "White Wolf", would you hook up with her just because she's got a nice personality??? Ok... I'm exagerating... but you damn well know and you'd better admit that you'd rather have a slender, big-boobed babe (and a smart one to!), than a chubby one! No comment about the "nice rear"...

4. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@ Kelvon You know which girl I'm talking about. And yes you were exagerating and yes I would prefer something like Garianne or Jianna but still.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:bs: Can you say oxymoron? Heavy on the moron. ;)

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

lol :D

7. chevalier

Media:
    Theoretically, we could imagine that weight is an issue on its own. A person could then mind chubbiness but not weight. Muscle weighs three times what fat does, for example. Then also chubbiness doesn't exhaust overweight. Perhaps you can be overweight without being chubby. I don't know. I think you can be chubby without being overweight, the way children tend to be. Sometimes it remains until a later age.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Want some conditioner? that much split hairs is NOT good for your 'do.....

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

It just ***ing galls me that boys can b*tch about females being chubby, fat, overweight, etc. or whatever you want to call it and still expect to get a girl with big boobs. Hello? What is the fundamental mass of breasts? That's right, boys, fat.

I think what Kelvon and other boys want is a girl built like Calista Flockheart but with Pamela Anderson's post-op chest.

@Ara - nice riposte! :thumb:

10. chevalier

Media:
    Who cares about such things? Kuemper, you are right in the choice of the noun: "boys". This is not to offend anyone (nor to imply that looks are irrelevant). Things change with time. It's just not good when boys go after grown women or when grown women go after boys.

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

For the broken man

12. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

@Garak
    How 'bout Askari?

@kuemper
    - quote: Can you say oxymoron? Heavy on the moron.
    - /me doesn't get your point... seriously!

- quote: I think what Kelvon and other boys want is a girl built like Calista Flockheart but with Pamela Anderson's post-op chest.
    - Maybe that's your dream, but not mine!

@chev
    - quote: Who cares about such things? Kuemper, you are right in the choice of the noun: "boys". This is not to offend anyone (nor to imply that looks are irrelevant). Things change with time. It's just not good when boys go after grown women or when grown women go after boys.
    - My sometimes deranged mind could actually be capable of disagreeing with you on that one...

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

@Kelvon - You say you don't care about weight, yet turn around and say chubbiness bothers you. Chubbiness *is* a weight issue. It's very irking to me to read someone saying how they aren't bothered by a woman's/girl's 'weight', then do a complete 180 flip and complain about 'chubbiness'. Hypocrite is the word I was shooting for, but oxymoron seemed a tad more polite. You also said:

Correct me for a wrong interpretation, but 'nice balconies' are big breasts and 'smooth, tender legs' are slender thighs and calves, yeah? Which leads me to believe you want a thin body (you don't get thinner that Calista Flockheart :p ) and a nice pair of breasts (Pam Anderson). And as a female, neither one melts my butter.

14. chevalier

Media:
    Nice doesn't necessitate big and big doesn't warrant nice. Smooth legs don't really go together with large weight unless we are talking about muscled culturists. Perhaps Kelvon intended to say that weight doesn't matter per se but only looks do.

As a guy, I can say that when you say, "a pretty girl," the image that comes to my mind looks neither like Calista Flockhart nor like Pamela Anderson. The owner of the image looks like neither of the two and is very pretty and nice to look on, and it's not looks that make her special, anyway. :p

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Me neither, but people don't get it unless you throw the stereotype out there.

16. Arabwel

Media:
    Meh, guys these days.... all they want is to get their rocks off. Women get treated as sex objects with no respect whatsoever.. where has good old-fashioned romance gone? Where things such as bust size never even come into thre equation? Attention, respect.... are the only guys I can expect to get that from my standard-issue-every-woman-must-have-gay-friends?

:rant:

17. chevalier

Media:
    Ever wondered why things are like that?

Being a gent doesn't get you anywhere and is frowned upon. Show me a woman who will choose the gent over an intriguing bad guy. Show me a guy who found his woman by being attentive or respectful rather than compelling, forceful, surrounded by a dangerous air.

18. Arabwel

Media:
    :rolleyes:

Oh, could name a few. Like, say, my brother-in-law; he definitely wasn't the "bad boy" type. That's why she married him - because he was different from the guys she'd known before. But then again, I also know people who've gotten together with complete jerks despite having had a chance with qyuite gentlemanly guys...

*grumble* too bad the bad boys in RL don't turn out to be actually nice guys in the inside, unlike in the movies.... :bang: Hell, actually, there really aren't the sort of romantic, sweep-you-off-your-feet gentlemen old romance flicks used to have any longer.... Sex appeal isn't the same thing as attractiveness. Someone tell Hollywood that?

*grumbles some more*

Chev, stop blaming women. Guys go for the bad girls just as often, you know.

19. chevalier

Media:
    Ara, "before" is they keyword there.

As for bad boys, I know them quite a bit. I have a couple in my family. I know how it works. The ruggedly handsome and roguish air are appealing, it's just they don't happen to turn out to have a heart of gold inside.

Perhaps there is something in bad girls that attracts men, but I don't feel it. I could tell you a lot about bad girls (as you can check in the break-ups thred), but I've never been specifically looking for one. I always prefer a good girl and I know guys who feel the same. I may like adrenaline or thrill, but going for a bad type is asking for disaster. "Action" is not worth it. Well, I'm a guy. At least I won't get beaten. And as I said, I don't go for it. But sometimes it's hard to look on female friends who have ended up with jerks.

20. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@Cúchulainn - okay, where do I get a subscription for that magazine? ;)

@chev - *ahem* :good: we've discussed this in other places; should I just pick up a throwing stone now? ;)
    (but yes, I am an exception to many things, including "the dangerous type wins over the sweet guy" theorem. :D )

@Ara - <camp> Oh, HONEY, tell me about it! Here (/me hands Ara :coffee: and begins massaging tense shoulders) let's calm you down before you get all bent out of shape over us silly guys! </camp>

Seriously, though - chev and I have talked about my experience: I am an archtype for the 'nice guy' and won my bride by being the same. She'd had her share of 'bad boys' already.

And to be honest, that's what I think this whole thing is: 'sowing wild oats' - I'd had some wild flings when I was younger myself. People want to have some fun adventures before they 'settle down' - they have to have some excitement to settle down from. It's only natural.

Those 'bad boys' will have their fun, they will tire of a shallow lifestyle, and become 'nice guys' as time passes. But one cannot appreciate the stable, 'boring' settled life until one has those wild, reckless experiences to look back on.

So all I can say, is a) be patient, or b) look for romance from more mature gentlemen (that one's from my wife, btw :D )

EDIT: @Chev, mkII - ah, but have your 'goals' always been like that, or did they refine over time? Your own dating history lends credence to my "wild in 20's, settle in 30's" (or whatever ages - varies per person) hypothesis...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.