1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Funniest moments?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Vermillion, Aug 5, 2000.

1. Holy shit, Sentry this topic is more than 6 months old!! Oh well. One funny moment is the argument between Edwin and Minsc and Dynaheir in the Gnoll Stronghold.

2. Gwyddyon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

In the final fight with Sarevok, just after he finished going through his 'I will be a GOD' speech, I clicked on Imoen to pull her back and she said 'Huh, you're a queer-' then got cut off. :D

3. Sentry Guest

Huh, sorry :), but I just signed up for the boards and I was checking out the archives... I didn't really notice how old this post was ;)

4. Sol'Kanar Guest

When I was traveling to Nashkel with my thief and Xzar, we were stopped by a flaming fist mercenery claiming we were bandits. We went hostile, so I had him chase xzar in a circle while my thief fired arrows at him. As Xzar was running, a gibberling attacked him, and the flaming fist guy attacked the gibberling, who was following Xzar. Thus, Xzar was running around my thief in a cirle being chased by a gibberling who was being chased by a flaming fist mercenary being shot at by my thief. It was pretty funny looking.

5. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

More than 6 months? It is one whole year and a month old! And take a look at the times between the posts. Seems like it has been resurrected before :)

6. DrFaust Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] While I was exploring the Ulcaster dungeon, Imoen was running point and checking for traps. She walks into the spider room, they see her, and she legs it back down the corridor to the party.

I got this hilarious mental image of her running pell mell from five Huge Spiders, hollering "Kirenaaaaa!" ;)

Faust

7. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I guess It's not wrong to ressurect this post. It's not that BG1 has become less fun..

My fun moment was in cloakwood where Minsc was hit by a lightning, while he was expressing his joy about our recent Reputation increase. Talk about divine penalty :D

I can't remember what he says, but I do remember me smiling, alone. Doesn't happen often.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited September 02, 2001).]

8. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Hehe that is funny Nobleman. I always am surprised by those lightning strikes...seems like one of mine gets it 2 or 3 times each game...kinda startling.
    Imoen has some good dialoge when party killed the dryad and lost 5 rep points and went down to rep 5....something about some kind of "....mongering riffraff". She didn't leave though..hehe.

9. How about when you kill Firebeard Elvenhair after you get his scroll and he protects you from evil, then he asks you to get a book for a reputation point and XP. Talk about a glutton for punishment!

[This message has been edited by SORVO THE SLAYER#27 (edited September 06, 2001).]

10. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Mutton mongering riffraff, that was it...hehe

11. Rangstrom Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well not so much funny as ironic. I was mowing out the xvart village when one yelled (what sounded to me as):"Kill all you snotheads"
    I said huh? right on cue with my less-than-intelligent dwarf fighter. I maybe getting just a little too caught up in this game.

12. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

No, you're not going crazy...yet :D I heard the xvart say it too and was laughing all the way through that village.

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited September 06, 2001).]

13. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    yeah, the leader of the village says that, before summoning the bear who kills all the xvarts "ursa protect us, ursa be kind"... "ursa killing all my brothers... guess i was wrong"

anyway.. i laughed when in cloakwood i got caught by a web trap, which held all of my party, then 3 giant spiders moved in followed by a sword spider, the sword spider killed the giant spiders and then buggered off

14. Caine Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

lol..if only i were that lucky

for me the funniest thing that ever happened was when ONE winter wolf killed my entire party but me then walked away.

15. DarkCroll Banned

i think it was in candlekeep in the prologe and i killed everyone
    or when silke casted a lightningbolt and it hitted herself

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.