1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cleric/Mage

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lord Sarevok, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Lord Sarevok Guest

After seeing the power of a Ranger/Cleric who can use both cleric and druidic spells, I think the cleric/mage class could be really powerful, especially because of some of the spell triggers you could make(3 flame strikes, ouch!). Anyone have any experience playing this class, and have any suggestions?

2. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

If you have used Aerie, she is a cleric/mage. This class combination is powerful in the spell casting area, and you get more hit points than a mage. With this class the key is to choose mage spells that are essentially different than the cleric ones. If a mage spell causes the same effect as a cleric spell, you do not need to have it as a mage spell.

3. Lord Sarevok Guest

Hmm, what about weapons? I think I'll try a big 'ol shield and flail of ages. For armor, some elven chain, even though robes are better.

I'll need to pick up that minor sequencer scroll ASAP, but luckily I know where you can find one! There's a theif near Neb's shack in the bridge district who sells this along with some other great spells like powerword: silence.

BTW, I asked this in a previous post, but where do you find the ring of holiness, and what bonus spells does it add?

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I would use a nice sling and a good shield (Sentinel) And IF you want to use them in melee combat, you'd like a nice hammer or flail, you know which.
    The Ring of Holiness possibly can be found in the temple district after finding the thief who got the Dawn Ring. It adds a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th spell and is only usable by clerics and druids.

5. Lord Sarevok Guest

You mean as a reward? All I got was some gold and a mace I think...

Nah, I don't think I will be going into melee very often, too many spells to cast. But the Mace of Disruption +2 could be useful in situations vs. undead.

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The site where I found this said it was a 'possible' reward. (?) Maybe it has something to do with your class... I don't know.

7. strange_machine Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yeah, i think only clerics can get the ring of holiness.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] ...and druids as was already stated above.

9. Hardcase Von Crudd Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

According to the FAQ, the Ring of Holiness will be offered to you by the Temple of Helm after you give the pure Illithium to Sarles.
    You will only get this ring if you are a cleric.

My main character is a Fighter/Cleric and I never got offered the ring so I guess they're REALLY picky about your class on this one. :(

10. Lord Sarevok Guest

Well, I don't think I need it that bad. Clerics have an enourmous amount of spells compared to mages, especially with 18 wisdom or more.

11. void Guest

A broblem with Aerie is that she has low str that restrics her from use of some items a stronger C/M could use...

12. Lord Sarevok Guest

Stat requirements for a cleric/mage are almost as bad as a fighter/druids...luckily I got a good roll:

Usually I don't lower charisma that much, but it sorta fits into his personality. He's Lawful Neutral and worships Helm, duty above all else, and all that.

13. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    WTF! 94 total? Have you spent a whole night before you got these stats or have you been really lucky? ;)
    I think I would have done the same with these stats, 18 int, 18 wis is most important (maybe not important, but very suitable for a Cleric/Mage) then 18 dex, 16 con. And then my difference: 14 str and 10 char. Most times I will be casting spells so I wont need strenght that much.

14. Deathmaster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

That kinda of score is hard to get, but for some reason, i always get higher scores with multiclasses anyway.

the highest i ever scored was 96 or 97 i think with a ranger/cleric.

15. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Ranger/Cleric has high minimums. You get the best chance for high stats with this multi-class, so you don't have to roll again and again. :)

16. Lord Sarevok Guest

I agree, the best rolls are usually from characters with very high minimum stats, like elves and rangers, so getting a high roll with an elven ranger doesn't suprise me at all. I was suprised because I choose a mage/cleric, which doesn't have very high minimums, and got such a good roll.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.