1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

American Tourist? Worried? Buy a T-shirt!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Splunge, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

It is because they know you are American, and do what they can to make you feel inferior.

2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

No offense but Americans tend to do much as they can to stand out eg:

I love New York/Florida (I have not noticed any others) tshirts,

wearing skimpy bright shorts no matter the weather or whether the place is religious or not,

sunglasses in all weather,

talking loudly,

wearing 'cowboy' hats no matter which state they come,

scoring their name, date, city into ancient graves, stone circles, statues and decorated stones.

Complaining how our mcdonalds/pizza hut/etc are inferior to their local one (whats wrong with local cusine?)

3. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

@Arahar - thats becuase Canadians can manage more than one language. We're just gifted :p ;)

The funny thing is that most of my friends (which are indeed Canadian) don't speak French at all or understand it. They just ignored French classes (which suck anyway, you spend all your time learning verbs, and not how to speak the language). Ahhh steryotypes.

Though, my parents are from Québec so I was raised in a French family, hence I am bilingual. Though some of my friends were also raised by Frenchies, though they either never learned it or they lost it growing up.

As I said before, Ahhh steryotypes. :D

P.S. Canada rocks!

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Canada, eh? There really is something rocking there, eeh? EEH? All I know about Canada is that they have that maple-leaf flag and red-costumed rangers (might be because of that one silly serie). :D

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    oy, Due South was not silly :p

6. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

:wail: Sadly, this is mostly true. But when I'm in a foreign country, I try to be respectful, civilized, and one of those elusive creatures called 'good Americans.'

I really hate how America's infected the rest of the world with McDonalds. I, for one, can't stomach the stuff.

And, I'd like to apologize for the obnoxious Tshirts, inappropriate shorts/skirts, pathetic attempts at 'cool-ness,' general annoyances, and defacing of property (public or not) of/from/by my countrymen.

7. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

To use the words of George Stobbart (an american himself) from "Broken Sword - Shadows of the Templars" ("Circle of Blood" in America. Don't ask me why) : "You can spot american tourists a mile away." (or something like that.) Mind, in the second game he is also easily spotted as a tourist...

8. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

@ Wirhe: That was the original dress uniforms of the Northwest Mounted Police, and they do still wear them for ceremonies.

9. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Its not a complaint from myself, I just find it strange. Irish tourists in Spain are not much better. It makes me feel ashamed on how we act over there.

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I really shouldnt even go into how Swedish tourist behave when abroad. True they are not as gruesome as the British but they behind rather swinish as well. In general people release all inhibitions when abroad and do all the things they would be stigmatized for doing at home.

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Such as visit places of worship, castles, graves and other cultural things?

I am joking, I know what you mean. All that cheap alcohol begging to be consumed...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.