1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #30

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

2. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Saw on a news story recently that a group of people in volved in (IIRC) The Nigerian Scam were taken down by Scotland Yard and one of our own news shows because an Aussie refused to give up. Just goes to show you should never mess with Aussies.

In other news, is it possible to get mouth ulcers from kissing someone who has a cold sore?

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Quite possibly, yes.

But it can definitely give you cancer.

Or is that canker?

4. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

I have decided that I like Denny's. Food's great. Who would have thought that you could eat breakfast at 1930 :lol:

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I saw a website where a guy got the bright idea to mess with the Nigerian scammers. He got $80 out of them claiming that he needed the money to expidite (sp?) making the funds available. He tipped off his bank that one of his accounts was a fraud. He also had the guy jumping through hoops claiming that he left his ministry (was claiming to be a minister) and blew the money on booze and became a clown. I wish I'd bookmarked that site...

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, even funnier was the guy who made the scammers take photographs of themselves meeting the requirements of some made-up religion (like having to wear pink face paint) before he would pay up.

7. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I like the somethingawful.com prank on the nigerian scammers.... It's funny but I'm not sure if it's okay to link to here.

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah Denny's is pretty good. That fact that you can get anything you want on the menu at any time is nice too. Their saussages are the best among the "breakfast" chains (i.e. Denny's, I.H.O.P., Village Inn, Dee's, ect.)

I need to take another shower! I hate taking two showers a day...I feel like I'm wasting too much water. The good thing is, I don't have to pay the water bill...so two 45 min showers isn't all that bad. :rolling:

9. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Kitrax, Denny's is filthy, I have no idea what you are talking about. I am scared to eat there because I want to avoid food poisoning.... :yum:

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I hate moy mother, think my dad needs to READ LotR and stop didssing it (watching haldf of the first movie does not count) and feel empty since I verified my nanovel and now... now, well, empty.

Also, am NOT going home for Christmas.... just me, the kitties and a lot of chocolate...

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Hmm, Lord of the Ring is being showed on saturday at 19:30 here in Sweden, on a free channel non-the-less. How's that for public service?

Quite bad, actually, since they are not showing the sequels.-grumble-

12. Arabwel

Media:
    They showed it yesterday here :D

Of course, I was so knackered taht I slept... but I have my EE DVD :D

13. Gavin de Valge Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] No snow on thanksgiving?!?!?!

What kind of place is this :hmm: :toofar: :sosad:

Well, that's what happens when you move from an area that has a 5 month winter to an area with maybe 2 months. Twenty degrees further south can do that.

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Woo Hoo, went to go to work this morning and found that the car was encased in several mm of ice - you got to love having to scrape that off your windshield first thing in the morning. :nolike:

In further local ice related news, someone decided to drive his car over the curb, across the sidewalk, and through the guardrail on an overpass going over the main highway here. He fell down to the highway below, landing on the passenger side of the car, and his car and the related police/fire/ambulance/tow trucks are currently blocking three lanes of traffic. After doing all of this the guy reportedly has nothing more than minor scrapes and bruises. :shake:

15. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

We've already had a nice little spell of snow over here, Im expecting some serious blizzards come end of December! :rolling: :banana: :thumb:

Just ordered a copy of WCIII as I cant get on battle.net with my old version...

This guy has lost it completly. :eek:

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

consider yourselves lucky then, I've only seen snow once in my life, in lake tahoe. I feel like those Africans in that Emirates commercial :/

17. Arabwel

Media:
    *grrr*

I hate my aunt, I hate life in general, and feel like breaking a lot of stuff.

*sigh*

18. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

"Hate keeps a man alive. It gives him strength."

Quote from Children of Bodom's song "The Nail", as well as supposedly from some movie called "Ben-Hur". Can probably be applied in femininum as well.

19. Arabwel

Media:
    Thankee; if that is true, I am facing a life eternal.

Can't recall if that was in Ben-Hur, but it has been far too long since I saw that one...

20. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.