1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Test of the Soul and Body

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Smyther, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Smyther Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

This is a test I devised myself, to decide everything a person would be in the DnD world. I originally posted this on the Bioware forums, but felt it would be fun to bring up here. The tests to determine class and god cannot be shown here, due to formatting issues. Have fun!

The Test of the Soul and Body

In this text you will discover many tests to determine your fate in the realm of Dungeons and Dragons. The first of these tests is to determine your fate among the eternal struggle of light versus darkness. The second will be of ideology in that is between order and chaos. The third will be a self-evaluation in that you will judge yourself of physical and mental attributes. The forth will be of the life you will take on in the land of sword and sorcery. The fifth will determine the role you will play out in this fantastic medieval setting. The sixth and final will tell of which religion you would belong to.

Test the First: Light vs. Darkness

Thou hath made an alliance with three separate evil organizations, which are at odds with one another, without knowing it. Each expects you to keep your word. Whom do you betray?
    a) The lesser of the three evils.
    b) The greater of the three evils.
    c) All of them.

You are present at a trial. One man has accused the other of a crime. The accuser is one whom you are enemies with. The accused has claimed the same crime against his accuser. Before any evidence has been shown, you have made a pre-judged conclusion. What of the following are you most likely to have judged?
    a) Your enemy is the guilty.
    b) Neither are guilty
    c) Both are innocent
    (Note: As the last two are the same, pick the WORDING you would have judged with).

When on a mission with a companion, you run into a task that you disagree on the path to success. You must persuade your companion to see it in your light. How do you do this?
    a) Bully him or her into submission.
    b) Sway them into your light with words.
    c) Work for a solution both find agreeable.

You have fought a Dragon with contrary beliefs to your own and it is now on its knees begging for mercy. The decision of its life is yours to make. What shall you do?
    a) Slay the beast.
    b) Let it live with the promise to do things your way from now on.
    c) Have mercy and let it live.

A woman beggar has come up to you in the midst of a grand and rich city, begging for a coin, not knowing you only have two. How do you deal with this?
    a) Refuse the ragged clothed woman.
    b) Use the coin to the beggar’s advantage.
    c) Kindly give the coin away.

In the same rich city, you end up walking past a beggar man with his hat out in front (which happens to have ten coins in it already), but not directly asking for your money. You only have one coin left. What do you do?
    a) Steal a coin when the man isn’t looking.
    b) Ignore the man.
    c) Give him your last coin.

A wealthy merchant approaches you with an offer that you ‘obtain’ a priceless artifact for him in return for a sum of 500 gold pieces. How do you respond to this generous offer?
    a) Rob him of his coin and make your way out.
    b) Obtain the artifact if it had little chance for your discovery.
    c) Turn the merchant in to the authorities.

An assassin has blackmailed you into slandering the King on a matter of his birth. You have yet to do it and time closes. What shall you do?
    a) Tell the filthy lie for your own sake.
    b) Pretend the deed is done.
    c) Attack the assassin for his evil ways.
    ~
    Now comes the part of the decision. If you have mostly answered ‘a,’ you are an evil character. If you mostly answered ‘b,’ you are a neutral personage. If you answered mostly ‘c,’ you are a good soul. Record your result in the space provided at the end of this document. If you tie in your letter most used, use the higher letter (b is higher than a, etc.)

Test the Second: Of Law and Chaos

An incredibly strict law banning the use of magic on punishment of serving a ten-year span in prison is in effect in the city you have just come to. Your companion is magically ill and the only cure is through a spell only you have access to. What do you do?
    a) Cast the spell and face the consequences.
    b) Depart from the city and use the spell elsewhere.
    c) Do not use the spell, sadly letting your companion die.

A genie has appeared to you offering a life of one of three things. He has given the choices to you and you must decide.
    a) Choose the life of love.
    b) Choose the life of money.
    c) Choose the life of faith.

You must slay an evil monster. You have the choice of doing it in one of three ways. Which of the following do you choose?
    a) Death by a quick sword to the heart.
    b) Death by utterance of a holy word.
    c) Death by burning.

You have accidentally committed a crime that you did not know was punishable. A mysterious and unknown figure has knowledge of this crime. What do you do?
    a) Escape from justice by fleeing the country.
    b) Remain silent and hope that the figure means no harm.
    c) Turn yourself in.

After a long and tiresome battle, an almighty being has descended from the planes and has given you the power of god-hood. What do you do with it? This question assumes you are of a good nature.
    a) Disperse it throughout the land randomly.
    b) Let the power go. You feel you do not deserve it or are not ready for it.
    c) Take the power and use it well.

Your father has been slain by a foul murderer. You have a few choices on what do to about the matter.
    a) Take sweet revenge on his murderer.
    b) Confront the murderer rationally.
    c) Take the case before the courts.

You are out to kill the Queen. How do you do it? This question assumes you are evil.
    a) In the least expected way, to confuse your enemies.
    b) In the most practical way.
    c) Coldly and methodically to get it done fast.

An unjust taxation law has come upon the land. The revenue collector has arrived and is demanding payment from you. How do you respond?
    a) Do not pay it.
    b) Seek to end this law’s hold of fear on the land.
    c) Pay the tax, as it is the law.
    ~
    As the first section’s end, Now comes the part of the decision. If you have mostly answered ‘a,’ you are a chaotic person. If you mostly answered ‘b,’ you are a neutral personage. If you answered mostly ‘c,’ you are one of the lawful. Record your result in the space provided at the end of this document. If you tie in your letter most used, use the higher letter (b is higher than a, etc.)

Test the Third: Of Physical and Mental

This is of your own opinion. Each of the following qualities you have a base score of 3 of which the score you achieve is added on to for the final. The minimum you may have in any trait for a statistic is 0. Record all results at the end of the test in the space provided for that reason.

Strength:
    Muscle:
    /7
    Endurance: /4
    Stamina:
    /4

Constitution:
    Physique:
    /2
    Fitness:
    /2
    Health:
    /2
    Physical resistance to hardship:
    /3
    Physical resistance to injury:
    /3
    Physical resistance to disease:
    /3

Dexterity:
    Hand-Eye Coordination:
    /4
    Agility:
    /3
    Reaction speed:
    /3
    Reflexes:
    /3
    Balance:
    /2

Intelligence:
    Memory:
    /5
    Reasoning:
    /4
    Learning ability:
    /6

Wisdom:
    Enlightenment:
    /2
    Judgement:
    /3
    Guile:
    /3
    Willpower:
    /3
    Common sense:
    /4
    Intuition:
    /2

Charisma:
    Persuasiveness:
    /4
    Personal magnetism:
    /6
    Ability to lead:
    /5

Test the Forth: Creatures of the Land

These will be questions to determine your race in the realms of fantasy.

Your height or approximately your stature:
    a) 4 ½ foot-spans
    b) 5 foot-spans
    c) 4 foot-spans
    d) 5 foot-spans and 6 toes
    e) 4 foot-spans and 9 toes
    f) 7 foot-spans
    g) 6 foot-spans
    (NOTE: I have been asked by those not native to our Realm to provide a translation. A foot span is a foot, and a toe is an inch)

What is your favorite form of self-expression in times of freedom?
    a) sculpting or carving
    b) dancing
    c) constructing items of use
    d) poetry and writing
    e) singing
    f) fighting or working your body into greater strength
    g) talking to another or yourself

What of the world is your favorite setting of the elements?
    a) underground areas such as caves and tunnels
    b) woodlands and treed areas
    c) the desert, plains or other open areas
    d) the small or vast expanses of the water
    e) rolling hills, mountains, or other hill-like areas
    f) cold places such as glaciers and the poles
    g) cityscapes or other than mentioned already

You are to purchase some new clothing. What do you desire in a set of wear?
    a) should be practical for common usage
    b) should be camouflaged for forays into the woods
    c) very showy to announce your wealth
    d) comfortable for everyday wear
    e) stylish to keep up with the latest fashions
    f) minimal to show off acceptable areas of your body
    g) other than mentioned or a mix of the above

Out of the following options, which one most closely resembles your results from test the third?
    a) high constitution and low charisma
    b) high dexterity and low constitution
    c) high intelligence and low wisdom
    d) high dexterity and low strength
    e) all scores of an average 10
    f) high strength and constitution as well as very low charisma
    g) all scores of an average 13

What is your favorite subject?
    a) Woodworking/Metalworking
    b) The Arts
    c) Mathematics
    d) The Sciences
    e) Linguistics
    f) Physical Education
    g) Social Studies

For the awarding of your species, the most commonly chosen letter will represent your species. In the event of a tie, use the question below to break it. For the letters, if you chose mostly A’s: you are a Dwarf. If B’s: Elf you be. If C’s: Gnome. If D’s: Halfling. If E’s: Half-Elf. If F’s: Half-Orc and if mostly G’s yea have: Human.

About how much or what of the following is closest to, do you weigh?
    a) 200 pounds
    b) 100 pounds
    c) 180 pounds
    d) 150 pounds
    e) 170 pounds
    f) 190 pounds
    g) 160 pounds

If this question does not break your tie, you may choose whichever species you like the idea of being best.

~

This is the area to record your results.

Your result from test one:
    Your result from test two:
    Your results from test three:
    STR
    CON
    DEX
    INT
    WIS
    CHA
    Your result from test four:

2. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    is this really a post for Creativity Surge?
    Shouldnt this be in Whatnots...

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

any chance getting this on a "point-click and automatically calculate results" format? its too much work to answer as it is :D

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm much too lazy to calculate this on my own. So I just decided to give the standard answer - 42. :p

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Contact me if you want it in the point-click format, but you do need to explain the formula for stats, as it seems totally random in the current form.

6. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I can't do this. Make it point and click. :cry:

7. Smyther Gems: 3/31

If you want a user-friendly format, Axe of Revisoring from the Bioware Baldur's Gate 2 forums made this one. But it only does the alignment. http://alas.matf.bg.ac.yu/~mr02117/q/core.php?qdir=q
    By the way, thanks to whoever moved the post. I didn't quite know where to put it.

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Answer: 'Neutral Good'

And all this time I have been picking 'Chaotic Good' in all AD&D games. :shake:

9. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Chaotic Good, just like i always play.

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Chaotic evil.

:evil:

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31

True neutral? Me? :confused:

12. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Neutral Good? Huh?

I thought I was Chaotic Good.

13. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Neutral good human with slightly about average in most plus high Wisdom & Inteligence.

14. Gavin de Valge Gems: 3/31

True Neutral, but neutral just barely beat out both Law and Good. This just shows that I can be any one of four alignments: lawful good, neutral good, lawful neutral and true neutral. Who knows? Maybe I was just in a True Neutral mood today.

15. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Me too!

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Xei, my long-lost distant male relative!

*huggles*

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

chaotic evil??? me?? :eek: yerg, I thought I was Chaotic Good :rolleyes: If saving your friend's life and slaying dragons aren't noble deeds then i don't know what are :p

18. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Zero-sized reply error?

:grr: Bl**dy Uni computers. :grr:

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    A word of advice: if you ever contemplate using outdated grammatical forms, use them properly or not at all. Grammatical errors like "thou hath" destroy the quaint atmosphere.

The original Ultima test was full of such improper forms. And the people who made it were bloody native speakers! :toofar:

And it says Neutral Good for me. However, many of those questions seem to me to have no bearing on alignment at all. Also, many contain more than one answer heading in the same direction on the axes of alignments. Several others hold controversial pre-judgement. I would work on it a little more.

[ November 16, 2004, 16:45: Message edited by: chevalier ]

20. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Chaotic Neutral

And Faraaz, I would like you to have that alignment in your next PnP session. C'mon, I dare you. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.