1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mythical Creatures

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Cúchulainn, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

This may sound stupid but here goes... If you could be any mythical creature what would you be?

Myself? 'Far Dorocha' or 'Dullahan'

Far Dorocha rides on his black horse into our world to abduct humans that the Queen of the Good People desires. Although he never speaks, mortals invariably understand his commands and, unable to disobey, surrender their wills to his and mount up behind him.

Clad in flowing black robes, the Dullahan has no head on his shoulders. He carries it with him in his hand, and because he is endowed with supernatural sight, he will hold the head up high. This allows him to see great distances, even on the darkest night

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

This'll piss some people off ;)

The mythical creature I'd like to be is 'God'. I'd be so powerful I could create a rock that even I couldn't lift.

3. patriq. Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hugin. one of Oden's two crows.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I would have to say the christian god as well. Lots of smiting would be done.

5. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

A satyr. Always drunk and always in sex orgies. :D

6. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I should have thought of that one...

7. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Thoughts of blasphemy set aside, I would not be the one God. Although clearly my wisdom and intelligence and power would be absolute if I was, I still do not wish to take responsibility in that way. I know that I am not good enough to be the sole power of all existence, so that everything that is is made after me and my creations. It simply is not, and should not be, my purpose.

I like to be high in power, but never highest. I prefer the righthand spot to the actual leading. That is, in all aspects of life I am a good teamleader, coordinator and a tactician. But I do not want the responsibility to play with other people's lives.

Anyway, for more than 6 years I believe, I've admired the Phoenix. Everything about the Phoenix appeals to me. The valour, the justice, the element of fire (although water would fit me better) and the incredible power and ability to heal. And of course the immortality in the best way possible. Not one long boring life, but countless lives of being born over and over again, to have the advantages of both without the disadvantages. The eternal youth and innocence and energy of a mortal, with the wisdom and power and influence of an immortal. Simply the looks of the Phoenix bird is marvelous.

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Pity there'll only ever be one of you so you won't have anybody to play the horizontal two-person ski team - sorry, couldn't think of anything better.

I'll put it another way. Despite being a bird, you won't get no chicks.

9. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I'd be a shape-shifter, cos that would rock...and I could be a rock...

Or I'd be part demon...I think I would have to be something that means I don't have to completely give up being a human, so the above two would be my preferred choices, or something similar...

10. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Far, far, too many to chose from, but probably:

Herne the Hunter, also known as Cernunnos or the Horned God. Green Man; Opener of the Gates of Life and Death; Lord of the Wild Hunt. The masculine, active side of Nature; Earth Father. His sacred animals were the stag, bull, goat, bear. God of Nature; God of the Underworld and the Astral Plane; Great Father.

11. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

@ Abomination:

The joke thread is elsewhere. ;)

I will create a topic of what you said withing the next few weeks I think. Something that I have thought about recently with a few of my friends. To answer your comment for now: There are far, far greater things in life than that. In fact, just about all of the other things are, to some people.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Dionysus or Bacchus, whichever you prefer :) I get all the ass and wine that I want and sex starved Bacchanae run around naked in my name, that's living ;)

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I'd be an elf. Long life and long hair...Not a bad gig!

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    A moderate Republican in a position of power in the US government. ;)

Oh wait, you said "mythical," not "ridiculously impossible." My second choice would then have to be a dragon - the Chinese kind that are revered as good luck symbols, not the Western monsters that terrorize the countryside and get hunted down by overachievers with something to prove and/or compensate for.

Then again, some occassional terrorization isn't such a bad idea...

15. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

=/
    Since BOC already took the Satyr, Enagonios chose Dionysos... I will be a Silen. Pretty much the same hedonistic good-for-nothing as a Satyr, but without the hoofes and horns. :D

16. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I want to be a Tengu a chinese mountain Goblin that likes to trick people.

Some of them fly some of them shape shift and some have cloaks that makes them invissible.

I wanna be one!

17. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Mythical creature, eh? Can I be Elminster?? :D

If not...I'd probably be...a Sorcerer. Seriously, I really really want to be an epic level Sorcerer. :D

Stoneskin, Invisibility, Time Stop, Fireball pwnage!! :D

18. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

If I were female I would be a Naga, a Banshee or Dearg-Dur.

19. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Probably some Norse thing.... Loki?

20. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Well.. I'd be a turnip loving Gnome... wait I AM a turnip loving Gnome. In that case I'd have to be leprechaun.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.