1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

da big two-oh

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I just turned 20 yesterday :) Now, this is kinda off-topic, but what's the legal drinking age in Europe? My family is planning a Euro Trip this summer and just thinking about spending it without any beer is giving me convulsions hehe :D

2. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Generally 18 in pubs (bars), though some countries may be younger. It's not usually as strict in restaurants.

Edit:
    And Happy Birthday, but you make feel old. It's my 29th next Month.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Cool, it's the same as here in the Philippines. I was afraid that it was 21 like in the U.S :eek:

Thanks dude :) Aw don't worry about it, they're just numbers. We're only as old as we act and in that sense I'm probably not "really" going to hit 20 for quite some time yet :D

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    In some countries age doesn't matter for beer. Don't know about stronger stuff.

5. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] In Holland, Belgium, Germany and I think even France you can get beer at any age, in bars and Disco's you have to be 16 tough.

For stronger stuff you have to be 18,
    so enjoy yourself, but remeber; geniet, maar drink met mate.

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

In Sweden it is like this:

Light Beer, up to 2.25% Alchohol: Any age goes.
    Medium Beer, up to 6.5%(IIRC) Alchohol: 18-20.
    Strong Beer, 6.6% and up: 21+
    Bars: 20 IIRC
    Clubs: Usually women 18 and men 21.

Now, mind you, that beer in Sweden is expensive. The only other nation I know it's more expensive in is Norway.

7. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

In north Europe the beer is the most expensive,

In south and west Europe it is about the same, not to expensive that is.

And in east Europe you can get yourself drunk for a few pennies :D

( Wow, I joined the 230+ club, which took me over 4 years! )

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Caleb, you have a very odd definition of our beer system. Light beer or low alcoholic beer there are no age limits on, it is up to as Caleb said 2.25%. Medium beer or middle beer or peoples beer is up to 3.5% and you have to be 18 to buy it but it can be bought in all stores. Anything stronger than 3.5% you can only buy in teh state controlled monopoly licquer store at the age of 20.

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Over here it's 16 officially, but no one that I know of has ever been asked how old he was when he wanted to buy alcohol. ;)

10. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Bah, me and my friends were allowed entrance AND alcoholic beverages at the age of 13 in dancings and such. No sane bartender says no to money. :D

11. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

I agree, I was drinking in the local pub from the age of 14. Some very memorable nights of getting pissed in the Yew Tree then staggering up May Hill to sit on the Trig-point (very spiritual place, more lay-lines than Glastonbury Tor) and get drunk on cheap cider.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I've been drinking since I was 13 (and I started late haha) and the legal age here is 18 :) But I was worried about trying to do it in a different country, much less continent :eek: 'cos a lot of my friends are studying in the U.S now and they're having a hard time getting drinks they say, so I was just worried it nay be the same in Europe :) But I don't know if I want to spend all my money on beer if it's as expensive as you all make out :eek: Here... in the grocery local beer with 5%-6.3%(which is actually pretty good) alcohol content costs around half a dollar U.S. :D

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Enagonios - it's pretty tough to go off-topic in your first post of the thread. You set the topic!

Anyway, the drinking age in NZ is 18 although it was 20 when I was a kid. I hardly ever drunk as a teenager because I always got ID'd if I tried to buy alcohol. In fact, I STILL get ID'd now.....

The fines and penalties for selling to minors are quite steep here so people tend to ID anyone who looks under 25.

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Welcome to the club...remember, membership only lasts for one year, and there is no way of renewing your membership after the year is up...but the famous 21 club will finally open it's doors to you, so enjoy! :thumb:

I don't know about other countries, but if you come to my neck of the woods, you're going to have to wait another year, and you have to show off your 21 membership club card...aka, an ID that says your at least 21. :rolling:

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@Harbourboy

I guess you could say it's kind of related as a "coming of age" (at least officialy :p ) thing :D

16. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well, here in Denmark the drinking age is 18 at bars, and 16 if you buy from a shop. However, the last rule is rather new, and wasn't there back when I was 16. (I'm 23 now.)

The rule probably has something to do with danish children being the greatest consumers of alcohol compared to other nations in europe....

However, we know how to drink, as we start training from a young age!

17. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

16 in holland and 18 for drinks above a certen %...

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Wow, is it already at 3.5? Should go and tip of the cops of some stores I know of. ;)

19. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Come to malaysia, we don't care who is drinking as long as the person is not muslim.

20. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

hehe, I turn 21 in 28 days so I'll be legal everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.