1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Question about ¨love¨

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ofelix, Nov 3, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Perhaps he had better be told about the other man. It leaves a bad aftertaste for a man if he learns that on his own.

My very personal "favourite" is the girl telling me she has no time or energy for going out or for a relationship and then having someone with another guy within days from dumping me. Paradoxically, it always helps me get over it and makes the wounds close much faster.

2. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Thanks all for the tips and advice. I'll be sure to pass it on to her.

Wonder how it's going to turn out...

3. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

generally slightly bad for all parties involved has been my experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  4. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well put Dark Haired Beauty.

5. lasgalen Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Agree with everyone who says "stay out of it"! In both situations someone (and most likely some three) is going to end up hurt, angry etc. If you're involved - you're someone else to blame.

Too many girls go along with guys they feel ambivalent towards because they don't want to hurt them, and want to keep everyone happy. Took me many years to work out the only person whose happiness I am responsible for is mine, and while there is some obligation to not be a complete prat towards others, no one is obliged to make another happy.

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Not by giving them what they want because they want that, yeah. I don't understand the idea of girls going along with guys towards whom they feel ambivalent. And I've given lots of thought to that. At the same time they pass on guys for whom they genuinely care, for some similar reasons.

Kill me if I understand. Kill me if I haven't given many, many hours, days even to deliberation. Kill me if I don't know this all too well first hand and still haven't come to understand the logic behind it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.