1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What kind of "energy drink" do you like?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, I have a 72 hour session of work and play coming up, and I have a feeling that Mt. Dew isn't going to be enough for me. One of my friends at work suggested that I drink a few of those energy drinks...like Red Bull/Blue Bawls for example. The only energy drink I've ever tried was Rock Star, and it was awful!

So what kinds do you like, and which would you recommend that I try?

Oh, and Chev, Coffee, or any thing related to coffee is NOT allowed in this thread! :p :rolling:

2. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    how about some Tea? :p

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, my personal fave is stuff callled Battery,... I don't know if you have it in the US. But since most enery drinks, imho, taste like *insert yuckiness* I usually resort to caffeinne pills in large doses accomåpanied by soda :)

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Whatever contains coffee, alcohol or both.

5. Kitrax

Media:
    Chev! What did I say about coffee!?!? :grr: :rolling:

6. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

"Beer! Helping white guys dance since 1865!" my kind of energy drink ;)

(I know I said it in chat, but meh)

7. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Coffee coffee coffee! I know you said dont mention it, but I'm afraid... I HAD to. :1eye:

8. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Bomba, a drink made by the same company that does Red Bull, but contains much more coffeine and it's bottle is shaped like a grenade. "Bomba" means "Bomb" in Swedish.

Mix it with a bit of Mountain Dew and you are ready for anything.

9. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

For energy plain pure water, if i wanna get wasted i switch to alcohol.

10. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Mountain Dew is nice ;) Too bad we don't have it in Norway;(

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Water is best, as Pac man said. I drink mostly beer though truth be told. I drink a bit too much for it to be healthy...

Then again, who gives two monkeys bollocks? :D

12. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Mountain Dew > *

13. Kartiel Darkstar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Reb Bull doesnt taste the best but I love it, and Sobe no Fear is suppose to work, but I say use some caffine pills, helps me and my friends get through semester tests and lan parties.

((warning: be carefull on how much you take or drink, if you drink to much Red Bull wihtout enough water you will dehidrate, and if you drink to many Red Bulls or take to many pills your heart may explode. So be carefull.))

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I agewe with the above post; be damned careful witht he amounts you use. And even MOE careful if you miz alcohol witht he stuff.

15. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I thought Kitrax was only telling chev not to mention coffee, well, that the way I read that anyway, so add my vote to the coffee votes. :p

16. Kitrax

Media:
    Ok, I don't drink coffee, and I don't drink alcohol...so stop mentioning them!

I'm going to need to stay awake and stay sharp...not get wasted!

Now, with that out of the way, has any one ever tried Blue Bawls? I saw some at the store today, I was tempted to buy it...but it only came in a 6 pack, and I didn't want to buy that much if it turns out to be really nasty. :rolling:

17. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I've a friend who was addicted to cafeine pills once. I myself learned from the army that I have a natural hatred towards cold. Even after days of staying up with virtually no sleep, I simply cannot even feel "tired" in the traditional sense when I'm cold. That is, I feel the exhaustion but I just can't get my eyes shut and sleep no matter how I tried.

So my advice is: just get a huge fan and turn the power to max. Might not be comfortable, but it sure is healthier than taking those dubious drinks and pills.

18. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Coffee offcourse! and you could also try rum!

Or golden power or red-devil and a couple of beers...

[ October 28, 2004, 22:13: Message edited by: SleepleSS ]

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, coffee rules no matter what that old blasphemer Kitrax says. :shake: :lol:

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't drink energy drinks but I will refer you to my post from Random Babbling 27 re. alternate sources of caffeine.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.