1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Do you "Double Dip"?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You're at a party. There are some delicious looking chips and salsa/dip within an arms length away from you. You take a chip and dunk it. You take the first bite and are amazed at how good it tastes...you still have half a chip in your hand. No one is looking; do you dare to take that second half for another dip? :rolling:

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 50 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Do you "Double Dip"? (50 votes.)

Do you Double Dip? (Choose 1)
    * Yes, I do it all the time. - 32% (16)
    * Yes, but only very rarely. - 38% (19)
    * No, never...that's gross! - 22% (11)
    * Just the results for me. - 8% (4)

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Yes but I have the decency to TURN the chip and dunk the end that hasn't been near my mouth.

3. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    No, I eat and and then get another chip to dip it.

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *nods*

I do the same.

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Chips are way to small to Double Dip!
    If they wouldn't fit in my mouth, I'd surely dunk'em again. And I'll let everybody know by showing them the dip has gone, screaming: Dip! I'm out of Dip!

It's a good thing all chips fit im my mouth...

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I would never double dip from a shared bowl, but I am rarely faced with that consideration. We normally either give each person their own small bowl of dip or provide a spoon so those who want dip can put some on their plate.

7. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Ack...its kinda gross to do that, isn't it? Nah...I'd never do it. :eek:

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

I find this poll very amusing :)

shows how many restrict themselves, just as much as people bath to not start stinking up and down of each other.

And I'd never! At least not as long as I had a working mind, I cant say what I do when I'm totally drunk, but I guess I still just eat the chip and get another one.

9. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

When i'm at a party i'm only interrested in booze, no time for chips. :D

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    No, I wouldn't, regardlessly of anyone looking or not. I have drunk booze from one bottle with strangers, I have eaten meat off the knife, but double dipping strikes me as intrinsically disordered. I mean, wrong. :shake: :lol:

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I double dip all the time and if anyone is offended all the better, more dip for me! :D

Anyone being revolted by this should stay in doors in a anti-septic room with air filters and only drink boiled water and self grown vegetables.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

hehe guilty of double dipping as well :p besides, chips are not too bad. you guys should see what happens when me and my friends are drinking and pork (err is "lechon" a universal dish?) is brought out with its sauce. everyone just dips, eats, dips again... if we weren't so drunk it would probably be gross :D

13. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

You bumch of big girls! Double dip all you like, no-one gives a rat's ass anyway.

BTW, quite an odd topic :p

14. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I have a bad habit of using my chip as a shovel for scooping dip into my mouth. By the time I've munched the dipped part off, there usually isn't enough of the chip left for another dig.

But hypothetically, no, I have no problem with another person double dipping but I probably wouldn't do it myself though.

15. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The sheer fun this topic is to me. :D

Hmmmhmm... it depends, I must say. In the company of good friends I see nothing wrong with that. We share spoons and them forks, too.
    Its not a question of hygiene but more like a matter of aesthetics. And with friends one is more tolerant, no? They are like family (perhaps even better - depends again).

But on a party mainly populated by strangers: No. Nor would I get too close to the dip if a suspect person was roaming the buffet in an overly suspicious sort of way. :xx:

16. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Guilty as charged :p
    What I wonder is, what made Kitrax come up with this... And he didn't tell us what he does either - just as well, I think :D
    :borg:

17. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

All we dip are chips and chips are small. And even so I would certainly dip twice. Couldn't care less about the others.

18. Kitrax

Media:
    Thanks! I'll let the Floppish Idiot post the usefull ones. :evil:

As for all you double dippers out there, all I can say is that you are all GROSS! It's like making out with all the other dippers of the same bowl in proxy! :D :rolling:

19. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Whats wrong with that? If it is even a half decent party roughly half of the partyers will be female and I can take some man make out in exchange for serious female make out. ;)

20. Kitrax

Media:
    Well...that was...disturbing. :lol:

At most of the parties I go to, all the good looking females are no where near the chips and salsa...they are all over near the punch bowl, hopping someone spiked it. :rolling:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.