1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Character cheaters? nooooooooo!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by yappie!, Oct 29, 2001.

1. yappie! Guest

[​IMG] Does anyone here use SK to cheat with their characters? What do people use it for (if at all)?

I use mine for fixing bugs and changing allignments/images. Ever wanted a halfling Paladin? I WAS DESPERATE for one. No major cheating, just minor...

2. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I have never used SK or the console. I have read about these things here, but do not know (or care to know) how to use them. The game plays well and is incredibly replayable. I don't think cheating would enrich my experience, so I don't cheat.
    I understand that others have a different opinion and that is great. Everyone should play the game however they want to. They aren't hurting anyone. There are far worse things in this world then cheating at a computer game.

3. jesper898 Guest

[​IMG] i use both shadowkeeper,dalekeeper and gatekeeper to give my chars 9000hp, and other things like magic resist if i create a drow
    when you have 9000hp you dont have to worry about dying and can concentrate on romances and plot:)
    *ducks for the flames*

yes yes i know that i suck at every game i already downloaded a pool of radiance trainer so i can give my chars 9000hp and i havent even got the game yet :wave:

could never dream of chaeting in multiplayer tho:)
    i also use my new bhaalspawn power called ctrl+y:D
    [This message has been edited by jesper898 (edited October 29, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by jesper898 (edited October 29, 2001).]

4. Shrike00 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I agree with the first post.

I use Shadowkeeper to make the impossible (but logical) possible.

Why can't a half-orc be a druid? Who says dwarves can't be sorceror's? Why is it that only half-elves can be cleric/mages?

Stuff like that, I do all the time. I used to use it to change NPC proficencies to something that made more sense to me but I decided that was taking away some of the fun with NPC's.

5. yappie! Guest

[​IMG] I agree with myself and Shrike, I only use it for that sort of thing.
    9000hp? thats STUPID.

id just like to say that my Halfling Jester is great, totally in character (and with Xzars old portrait, it looks great!).

I also have a Dwarf Mage (why not?) and used SK to switch his Staff Profeciencies to Spear. is that so bad.

I never use these in Multiplayer though!!! I only use my (uncheated) elven asassin.

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] "I agree with myself"

Good to know you're stable pal, wouldn't want ya not agreeing with yourself. :p

I haven't opened Shadow Keeper in ages now, if something bad happens (i.e. I lost my moon-dog figurine) well bohoo I just go with it. I'll be more careful next time. No biggie. ;)

7. Meldethar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I use SK just to mess around with the game. (And fix my chr files from bg1) my main chr(named after my board name here) did have 32000 hp but i fixed him to 45 because he was lvl 9 invoker. then i did a little math and raised by 15 cause it was a little too low. I think SK is great for fixing (and un-fixing) chrs and games.

8. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Not really a big fan of cheats because I enjoy the challenges of the game, but I have to agree with Jack Funk: do whatever makes the game fun for you. That is why you bought it, right?

9. Archer14 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Sometimes I use it to make charaters from some of the Forgotten Relms books or change the race of some of my characters. Once I had a halfling monk. Another time I had a dwarven sorcerer.

10. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Use SK to correct my lovely sorc's precious spell picking, no other big deal I promise.:p

And btw SK has some neat features other than cheat like spell an' item browsing, it's very handy I say, just don't abuse it...;)

[This message has been edited by Laksol (edited October 30, 2001).]

11. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I have been using it to make my own story plot. I had one character who was a child of Bhaal and Monstera (Other world godess of evil) And that was fun. I simply raised the hps a hundred or so, and gave him better resistances.
    Now i have a party of "Day walking" Vampires, because the add on character vampire dosn't seem to work with TDD. I simply added life stealing, and domination as an innate, and some better stats and ac. Its fun to have fun with SK. I still get my ass kicked ALOT!! So i have yet to make the game easier.

12. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, but I use SK for everything. The only thing I don't usually mess with is the global variables.

Kudos to the individual who wrote Shadow Keeper. I'd not play BG2 without it.

13. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Just like Laksol I used SK to change some spell pickings from my solo Sorceress I regretted later in the game. No point in replaying the whole game just for some stupid mistakes you made while choosing spells. Or when you loose a quest specifik item and can't find the damn thing anywhere anymore, just create it.

I even had to change one of my inate abilities down the lair in the cult of the eyeless, because I had no healing spell to kill that demon :D

I look up for some monster stats too, if I have to much trouble killing them. It's very nice to know which immunities and weaknesses some monsters have. I also discovered to usefulness of mordenkainer swords when I saw it's stats :spin:

Beyond that, there is no use in it for me, I still want to have some challenge in the game.

14. I use SK but not for cheating

I always have a save right after Irenicus'
    dungeon. With that save I will change my char
    to any class I want to play so I don't have to go though the damn dungeon again.

Reroll using a real dice and following the
    AD&D 3ed rules, I'd change the level, xp,
    innates, hp and so forth.

I just hate going through the dungeon again
    and again and again and again and again.

15. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

SK is the only way to give your character red skin

16. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I dont even bother hacking my chars anymore. I just make special items. And when I take em off, just like that, my char isn't hacked
    anymore. How about that?
    Hack on Items on
    Hack off Items off

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.