1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Have You Ever Found Money?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Elios, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I was cleaning the desk off and lo and behold, a five dollar bill!
    A couple weeks ago, my wife and I were spending the day in a small little mountain town near us. We wanted some ice cream at the end of the day. I was out of cash and the place didn't accept credit cards. So we decided to go across the street to the ATM. Halfway there, my wife looks down on the ground and there was a $20 bill! Free ice cream for us!

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

The most I have ever found was $200 on the bottom of a pool. We have water-proof money in New Zealand and I have no idea how it got there. Damned if I was going to hand it in.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I've never found anything bigger than a quarter (25 cents) on the ground. My cousin however finds money, and lots of it, all the time. I went to Disneyland a few years back and she spent more time looking at the ground then watching where she was going. The biggest she's ever found was about $150 US at the beach. :rolling:

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Um,, once found a 20 euro billhanging in the ATM machine, but that's the biggest one.... i did, once when I was a kid, find another big bill, but I did the stupid kid thing and handed it in... did get 10% finder's fee and some candy out of it, thouh.

Generally, I am the one loosing money,

:p

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, once me and my sister were standing before some food place, and I had searched my bag for money, coming up with $2, enough for chips. My sister, on the other hand, had nothing and was intent on stealing my food.
    And then the guy in line ahead of us dropped $2, and walked away. As soon as he was gone ... *shoink* :grin:

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I don't know if this counts but a friend found a lost wallet and grabbed the highest denomination bill for himself, gave the lower ones to us (my other friends and I) then turned the wallet in for an "Honesty Award" certificate. hehe.

7. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Well, the largest sum i have heard from the first hand was that my coworker found 35 000 euros on the job: we work on the higway toll both (best description i could have think of). And he returned it, barely, because he didnt know whose is it, but he found some paper that had some address and he started to search for the owner. It turned out that people were coming to our town to buy a house, and old lady was sitting on the money to be shure, but when they wanted to pay highway toll, they had to find a small paper, sort of a bill, so we can know how much they need to pay (depends where have they entered the highway), and the old lady got out of the car to search below the seat, but she also removed the bag with the money from the car, and since it was late, and dark, she didnt see the bag and forgot it, later my coworker went for a stroll and found the bag...

The owner was white as a wall when he returned for it!

And my coworker never got that 10%... Just some change and thanks!

And that same coworker "found" a credit card, which he returned, but later he got some problems, because of that, ungratefull people!!!!

8. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I have found some 100Bfr.-bills, that's about 3 dollar... Could be that I found meself some cash more the likes of 10 dollar, but only once.

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

A few years back I found 5€ bill from the floor a clothe-shop. Nothing grand, but nice find in any case. :cool:

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    As a kid I once found $40 on the floor near the cash-register counter of a clothing shop. I turned it in then went back to meet my mom and sister in the fitting room. Mom yelled at me for not asking her what to do first! However, when no one had claimed it two weeks later, it was MINE.

More recently, I found $10 on a city sidewalk.

11. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Last year I was working on a power plant (yeah, like Homer) called Yacireta; it was payday, so when I went to have my lunch, I found a little package with almost 1000 U$S, that's whole month salary; I thought to keep the money, I had economical problems, but I thought the guy who lose the money may have the same problems, so I waited to find out who lost it, then when I found him alone gave the money back and told him where I found the money so he can say "he" found back. After few days he told someone that I was the one who found it, so few day after I had guys who called me fool. But I know I was not.

12. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I found a ten euro bill on the street not that long ago. I picked it up, even though it had rained all day, and it was soaked and dirty. I think that's the most money I ever found.

13. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Oh! I forgot!

I once found a half dollar worth of coin in a supermarket trolley once. A nice pack of cookies I bought. Yes I did! (btw they were awful)

14. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I found a couple of coppers in a corridor once. My luck blows ;) .

15. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I find loonies and toonies occasionaly. More often then not, the money I find is my own.

16. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Found Rs.100 once on my way back from the school.
    In one week, the ice-creams had given me a sore throat.

17. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Nah, where I live everyone has cramp in their fist. Or are robbed blind by druggies before they have a chance to actually lose their money

18. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, the most I've ever found in cash was a $20 note on the pub floor a couple of weeks ago, but I've handed in a wallet/purse I found near a supermarket and was given $40 reward by the owner 3 days later.
    Oh, and I knew a guy who found close to $15000 in a plastic bag under a bridge in town a few years back. :money:

19. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    [​IMG] I found £5 in the park once. Well actually I stepped on it and someone pointed it out to me :rolleyes: Also, my dad once lost £40 while walking down the street, and then went back expecting it to still be there :D

20. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

£110 in some random wallet thing in the middle of the road, just with cash in it.

the wallet never left the road.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.