1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Underdark Demigorgon quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Themis, Oct 6, 2000.

1. Themis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] How do you sacrifice to demigorgon in the underdark ? My Dwarf is getting dangerously frustrated.
    I have the kua-toa prince blood, great mind blood, Beholder eye stalk, corrupted kua-toa tadpoles ect...
    I have dropped the items at his feet and nothing happens. What gives ?
    Anyone know what to do at the Kua-Toa shrine?

I have just entered the drow city as I have totally cleared the rest of the underdark. (Except that door that will not open)

I want to get back to the surface to put together the equalizer.
    Has anyone put together Gesens short bow ? How many peices are there to the bow ? (I have 2)

This is the best forum available for BG2.
    Thanks to all those who have posted.

2. Buck Satan Gems: 1/31

You have to summon creatures to be sacrificed to Demigorgon. Walk one up to the altar, and you'll be in for a fight.

The Equalizer and Gesen Short Bow information you need can be found at http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/ as well as walkthroughs for various locations of the game (including the Kuo-Toa Dungeon).

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Buck Satan (edited October 16, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Buck Satan (edited October 16, 2000).]

3. Crimson Tear Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] What do you get for doing this anyway? Any special weapons or armour?

4. Mriswith Gems: 1/31

Girdle of Frost Giant Strength is one of the items (Str 21).

I found this to be quite easy. The first thing i did was send someone in to explore out the place first, then retreat everyone back to the doorway. Then, summon the sacrificail critters and send them up to the altar. You do not need to have someone in place to watch them arrive, just give the critter the command to go all the way up to the altar, and let them go. This pays off in more ways than one.

Once the fight starts, if you had more than one critter headed to the alter, any remaining will draw the fire of two or three of the Death Knights that show up, and the other two or three will come after you and your group. If you have your tanks blocking the doorway properly, the fight is not too bad. Just watch for the level drains, they tend to suck.

Once the first set of Knights is dead, heal, restore, etc, then go take out the other three. The XP is pretty good, and the items are totaly worth it. Str 21 for either Keldorn or Valygar? I think so.

5. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

And if for some reason you can't summon a creature because of soloing and/or class, you can always bait a Kua-toa to walk across the altar :grin:.

6. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

There are also some items with summoning abilities like black spider figurine, golden lion figurine and moondog figurine. Send them in if you have problem convincing the Kuo-Toa sacrificing themselves.:)

7. Anra Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I got the Kua-Toan Prince to chase me and with a bit of head-faking, got him to wander over the spot in front of demigorgon and killed two turds with one stone!

8. Lord Sarevok Guest

Lol, easy kill.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.