1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you have "Magic: The Gathering" cards?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kelvon Shadowmane, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@BigStick, Ice Age and Homelands (particuarly these) are pretty valuable now, both in terms of power (Ice age) and the fact that both sets are no longer printed (haven't been for at least four years I'd guess).

2. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Bigstick,

Ice Age is pretty valuble, but Homelands was crap, there are only a few cards in the set worth paying for. It'll be tough unloading those. :shake:

3. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

@Rednik, in terms of playing value you are right that there aren't to many good homelands cards but purely by dint of being old and completely out of print they are valuable to collectors (people who want every card regardless of playing power and value).

4. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Well, I have spent some money on those cards, not a fortune, but enough that I can say it was the most expensive game I had. Still, I hope some of them will rise in price over the years so I can have a nice pension :p

5. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I sold most of mine to pay off bills, although I have some black rares to sell if anyone's interested :)

6. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@ Aldazar
    The most expensive card is the blue Hurricane of the summer edition, it's around €7000,- ($8000,-)
    This card is a misprint and highly wanted by insane collectors.

@ Lazy Bonzo
    You make things up...
    Black Lotus is the most expensive card (non-misprint), a perfectly mint one is around €1700,-
    That "5 more valuable" cards your speaking of are:
    Mox Jet, Mox Emerald, Mox Sapphire, Mox Pearl and Mox Ruby...but these are less expensive.
    These are when perfectly mint around €1200,-
    (There are a few cards, printed once for World Champions and such wich are even more expensive, but their price is unknown)

@ Lazy Bonzo
    Nobody exceeds the 4 cards max rule, not even when playing under their own house rules, it would totally ruin the game.

@ Lazy Bonzo
    Ice Age and homelands are REALLY NOT expensive.
    the series with the expensive cards are:
    Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Arabian Nights, Legends, and Antiques

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Kelvon Shadowmane

"Every man is the artisan of his own fate", that about right wirhe? ;)

hrm I'd give them if I could find them but they're all lost. I must've bought something like 8-10 decks back when it was new but I never even bothered to learn how to play it hehe. The only thing I learned was that you needed mana to "tap" (which for me meant attack). So in my games whoever got a card that dealt X damage (disintegrate, energy blast, etc.) was the winner ;) hehe

8. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

@Enagonios

wow... great, don't bother searching please...not! :)

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

ill see what i can do :p wouldn't get my hopes up though, we're like 6 kids so anything that enters this house usually stands a 15% chance of being found once the initial interest has worn off :eek: I used to have boxes of marvel cards... different sets and stuff, I wonder what happened to those too :/

10. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I think the most expensive card is 1996 World Champion
    @Lazy Bonzo : You mean the Mox cards... well, the 1st edition ones, the post - Mirrodin ones are nowhere near as good lol. Also, Nightal's right... with no 4 card Max rule every deck would be pure Mountain/Lightning Bolt / Shock..

PS
    My school motto (Fort Street High) is Faber Est Suae Quisque Fortuane (sic) meaning Every person is the maker of their own destiny.

11. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

Yeah I meant the first edition mox cards (as Nightal already said up above).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.