1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Skinner Murder quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Aldur, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Aldur Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Good Day

I am new to the forum and am happy to be here. Pleased to make all of your aquantances.

Now,I have a question though about the Skinner Murder quest. I have spoken to Rose and she told me that the smell was tanner, I know who the murderer is and what happens at the end (since I have finished BG2) but don't remember this part. Any help is welcome and thanks.

By the way, if anyone wants to get to know me better, just send a PM or e-mail.

2. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Rose just further confirms your suspicions. I think in order to actually confront Reijek, you need to have spoken with Rose and the shopkeeper across from where she is standing (name escapes me - Borinall?). Part of the evidence you need to gather before you can actually accuse him.

As to what to do next, that's easy -- eliminate (or rather try to eliminate) the tanner.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I think you also need to meet with the beggar (I forget his name, but I think it's something like Rampah) and pump him until he gives you the exotic animal skin. Then, when you confront the tanner, you have enough "evidence" to cause him to admit the murders and flee.

4. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

I have always done all this points but I couldn't bring the murder to say that he was the murder.I always had to attacke him.

5. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Take the evidence to the guard at the gate who told you about the murders before you confront the tanner.

6. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

On a side note, you can talk to Faraji and accuse the potion lady Mrs Cragmoon of the murder. She will later send a band of fighters to attack you sometime in Athakatla (however it's spelled). The attack is similar to thug/ruffian attacks location-wise, but it may come in the daytime.

7. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Borinall is the guy who lives on top of the CC in the slums.
    Potential spoiler
    When doing the second temple o' Helm sidequest you will have to get a dawn ring of him; after being referred to him by this Travin dude.
    The shopkeeper is called Bel something

8. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

I had forgotten about Rampah. You do need the exotic hide to speak to Bel and get some clues.

spoiler
    If you tell Lieutenant Aegisfeld that Reijek the tanner is the murderer and you have the evidence but you have not yet confronted and accused Reijek, Aegisfeld will be found murdered in the tanner's home. I don't recall how this affects the XP.

9. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

If Aegis dies, then you simply report about Rejiek to Brega in the Council building. Iirc, you get the same exp and also a guilty conscience for getting Aegis killed :(

10. Aldur Gems: 1/31

Thanks, I will now take Aegis' body to the Council. But then where do I go (I know its somewhere in Trademeet)

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    No. It's in the government district.

12. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

Brega is in the Government district. If you want to completely solve the skinner murders, you do need to go to Trademeet. You will be approached by a woman who asks for your help regarding her son Tirsis. After he tells you his story, you will need to go to the southwest part of the town, near the gate. The rest will be explained there.

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, I have a problem that I have never ran into before. I have compleated the first part of the skinner quest, but now I'm in Trademeet waiting for that woman to come by asking to help her son...I've done every other quest possible in Trademeet (minus the Mazzy quests) and she still hasn't shown up yet.

If it's a bug, could someone plaese tell me what the global needs to be set to in order to get her to pop up? :rolling:

14. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The XP is less, if you get Aegis killed.

15. smr49 Gems: 1/31

Veteran

Media:
    If you just fail a pickpocket attempt on Reijek, he will crack and run for it...

I tried that with Jan at too high a level and I had to strip him of everything and get him fatigued to fail.... :p

16. pylon_man Gems: 1/31

Talk to Rampah to get the hide.

Go to Bel Dalemark and ask him about the hide.

Talk to Rose Bouquet about a smell.

Go back to Bel Dalemark and get some items.

Take the items back to Rose Bouquet.

This is enough to get the Tanner to confess.

17. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    To answer Kitrax's question,

I think you also have to solve the problem of the druids attacking Trademeeet, and then do something about the strangehold of the genies over Trademeet. After that, you become Heroes of Trademeet with your own statues and all that hoopla.

It is then that word gets around town about what great heroes you are, and therefore the mother trusts you enough to approach you with her son's problem. At least, that's how I understand it.

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Speak to Rampah, Rose and the shopkeeper, confront the Tanner, he escapes.

Complete the Trademeet quests - Druid and Dao both.

Then the woman will come up to you and ask for you to help her son.

hope this helps :thumb:

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Actually, it doesn't. All the required quests have been completed and she still won't pop up and ask for my help. :rolling:

20. Robert Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

If surrond you reijek when accuse him after collecting the evidence, he tries to run away but he cant =) just attack him and you get som exp after a while, then he dissappers into thin air =(.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.