1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Insomnia

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by hazefire, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

not entirely on topic but isn't it just silly to be proud of something that you didn't actually achieve?

whenever i get severe bouts of sleep deprevation it pisses me off more than anything, i envy people who get to sleep as soon as they put their head on the pillow.

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *huggles Septic*

I think i might have a problem, since I again spent the entire night awake.

Or maybe it is that I live a 36-hour day....

3. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I can usually stay up for a while because I sleep just doesn't come to me at night. I don't think it's insomnia, it's more that I am a night owl.

4. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Heh... seems a lot of people on SP, wether by choice or conditions, are night-active.
    I am too, I'll be miserable until 10 AM if woken up at normal time (7/7.30) and will sleep till noon if undisturbed, and still get up sleepy.
    I rarely get fully awake before the mid-afternoon, and if I have the choice, I'll usually spend more daytime then nighttime sleeping.
    Still... /me reads all the way up... Hazelfire, when you go to bed, how tired are you, how long does it usually take you to fall asleep, and how easily do you get up. Chances are, your life isn't compatible with your bio-rythm, which is a pain, and AFAIK (speaking from personal experience) nearly unchangeable - only thing you can do about it is knock yourself out artificially, or find a job/school/however you spend your days| that is more afternoon/night based.
    :borg:

5. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I've had problems with insomnia since I was 19, I'm 26 now and still have problems. I can go 2,3 even 4 days without sleeping, and not by choice. I finally consulted my doctor, who after running a bunch of tests, including a sleep study, was able to give me a non habit forming sedative to help me sleep.

So now when insomnia hits, (for me it comes and goes in blocks) I take the medication my doctor gave me and I can get a good solid 8 hours sleep. Your doctor may be the one to consult about your insomnia, he/she could better determine what the cause is (psychological or physical) and what they can do to cure it hopefully.

Good luck with it hazefire, I know all too well what you're going through. I sure as heck don't brag about it.

6. hazefire Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Thanks' Istolil, and I can't imagine having this insomnia for so long. I think its only been a couple weeks sense I had some decent sleep.

It does seem that all of you are night-owls, or even insomniacs. Computers tend to get you into a habit of staying up that late. However, it was not being able to sleep that made me decide I should just do something(like play PC games....) until I feel asleep. Yeah....it never helped.
    I kind of figured a gaming forum would be a great place to find people with sleeping issues ;)
    But,like stated many times....it truly is awful if it lasts for too long.

7. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Writing helps, not with getting to sleep of course, but once you finish writing chances are you have a damn good beginning of a story in your hands.

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

It's 4:27am and my sleep paterns have been 'interesting' to say the least. I'm getting more than 8 hours of sleep a day but never in a single stretch.

9. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Well Im a teen. An odd teenager some might say. Because I value sleep. I want to sleep about 8-10 hours every night, which makes me want to go to bed early. I dont like staying up to late, especialy not if it interferes with my sleeping habits (at holidays I might concider staying up later many nights in a row).
    When I do stay up late and interfere with my sleeping habits, like I have done this weekend, I get throat pains. And I hate throat pains, because I work out or have basketball practise every day, and with a throat ache I cant do that.

10. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Hope you people don't take pepdrinks. Just kill those pepdrinks (including coffie) and you're good to go.

Or listen to the relaxing music of BG2, by the grandmaster Michael Hoenig. If that doesn't work, just get yourself really tired (from school or work or whatever).

11. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Sorry, I didn't read all those posts above, but my advice for nice sleep is a good movie, new or old, it doesn't matter, but it must be good, because I tend to not fall asleep during bad movies :rolleyes:

12. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@ToTaL: Yeah, I tend to fall asleep during all the good movies, too.

I usually go to sleep 1-2 am and get up at 7:30 am.

In weekends it's usually 3-5 am - 12-13 am

In the holidays it's something like 5-8 am - 15 - 17 am.

I love sleeping. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

13. hazefire Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I only drink coffee and pep-drinks in the morning, and that should wear off by late afternoon.
    Also, I used to be able to stay up all night playing BG2 or Diablo...then go to sleep normaly the next night without getting into an awful pattern.

@Jesper898- Off topic but I love the quote under your name, I have a sick obssession with the drow.

14. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I don't really suffer from insomnia, I just prefer to stay up late and sleep in. I don't really have much trouble going to sleep earlier, it just takes a bit longer. It really all depends on what I'm used to. During the school year when I'm waking up earlier and going to bed later it's hard for me to stay up, but I still sleep in whenever given the option. In the summer I stay up late, and sleep in. If I really need to, I can manage to get my self up early in the morning, it can be annoying though, but I don't feel I suffer from insomnia.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.