1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lost in the Underdark

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Falcor Wolfbane, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Falcor Wolfbane Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I really want to go back to Atkathla but dont want to miss out on anything special here, what is essential to get but not going to keep me here longer than i have to?

Any suggestions?

2. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Complete the silver dragon's quest.

3. Falcor Wolfbane Gems: 3/31

You mean the one to do with Adalons(m'ladys) eggs? How and when do i get in to the egg chamber thingy?

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Before you do that make sure you've conquered the Illithid City... it's in the south-east of the map (you got to leave the map). Also, there's the South Tunnels... which is a beholder city (very hard without some certain magical items, mainly the shield of Balduran and/or the Cloak of Mirroring).

You've got to follow the quests for Phaere and Solaufein (two Drow who you get a bunch of quests from). You've got to rescue Phaere from a bunch of baddies before you can continue. Talk to Solaufein (he's in front of the Male Fighters Society). Be careful not to waste the time limit though... you're screwed then.

I would recommend giving Phaere Sola's fake eggs that he gives you later... unless you're of high enough level to beat Adalon (above 16 usually). I've actually never beat her. Anyone?

5. r'Hant Gems: 3/31

I never tried to... She leaves something behind (*spoiler*), but you have to be very evil and quite desperate to want that thing.

Items you might want to come out with from the Underdark:
    - last 2 pieces of the Equalizer;
    - 1 piece for Crom Faeyr.

Look for them careful. It is worth the danger. :)

6. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I can't figure something out- what is the underdark? Its the part after Irenicus drains your soul in spell hold, and Bohdi lets you loose in that weird cavern, right?

7. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Underdark is a massive series of caverns that sit under Faerun (the world). Within these caverns are a large number of vile creatures and civilizations such as the Drow, Mind Flayers, etc....

The Drow are a form of elf, having fallen from grace eons ago. They retreated below the surface to the Underdark and, there, their skin changec color - becoming blue to charcol black. Their society became warped and they now worship Lloth - the Spider Queen.

8. Falcor Wolfbane Gems: 3/31

ok I have all three pices of the equalizer now but am having trouble getting out of ilithid city, any help would be nice?

But i dont have crom fayer, could you tell me how to obtain it please? :help:

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I suppose you mean you are having trouble opening certain doors? You either need to charm an illithid (not an ulitharid) and have him open it for you, or you can change into the Slayer and do it yourself.

As far as Crom Faeyr, get the pieces and give them to Cromwell.

10. r'Hant Gems: 3/31

The 'Crom Faeyr' piece I was speaking of (some gaunlets) can be found in the Kuo-Toa encampement in the left part of the Underdark.

Try to figure it out for yourself, first. If you don't get it, look it up in one of the walkthroughs here.

11. Falcor Wolfbane Gems: 3/31

If the Kuo-toa village is what im thinking of is it right over the west side of the map and are there runes all over the floor or is this another beholder maze?

12. ppz Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Yep, runes on the floor, in west of the main Underdark area - that's the one.

13. Falcor Wolfbane Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Has it got something to do with making an ofering to the sea queen like in the spellhold bonus quest?

Oh what the hell just please tell me where it is?

[ April 28, 2003, 19:20: Message edited by: Big Guy ]

14. r'Hant Gems: 3/31

Awww, sheesh... You seem pretty desperate... :D

There is a statue there. It says something about an animal offering. Well then, offer it an animal... This is one of the rare moments Animal Summoning comes in handy.

15. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You do not get any part of the hammer in the Kua Toa area, sorry. You get a nifty two handed sword for your evil fighter of choice. IIRC, the gauntlets of ogre power (the ingredient you appear to be mentioning) are not found in the underdark at all. They are in the Planar Sphere. One of the fine walk-throughs on this site will tell you where all the ingredients for all of the various weapons Cromwell makes for you can be located. Spoil yourself there to the extent that you wish.

[Edit - grrr. Cannot believe I forgot the stupid belt in that area.]

[ April 29, 2003, 22:26: Message edited by: dmc ]

16. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

you get the Girdle of Frost Giant Strength which is used to assemble the Crom Faeyr Hammer.

there are four pieces...

DETAILED SPOILER BELOW

Scroll of Crom Faeyr - This is found on the Shadow Dragon. You need to start the Umar Hills Quest by talking to a boy in the Government District (or if Minsc is in the party he'll come to you).

Gaunts of Ogre Power - These are in the Planar Sphere (they're on a Halfling fighter, I forget his name. Not Entu.). Go to the government district. Madeen will stop you and ask to talk to Tolgeris. NOTE: You need to talk to the boy and start the Umar Quests so you can get Valygar. Only his body can open the sphere.

Girdle of Frost Giant Strength - This is on the northern most Demon Knight in the Kuo-Toa ruins.

Hammer of Thunderbolt - In the Sewers under Athkatla there is a locked door which leads to a secret city of 'the Hidden', a secret society of Mind Flayers that are planning an invasion. The key is located on Tazok (remember him?) who is in Firkraag's lair (Windspear Hills. Talk to Lord Jeriden Firkraag in the Copper Coronet).

17. Falcor Wolfbane Gems: 3/31

:hippy: ok thanks guys ill give it a go, but one thing is that old firkragg has gone from the copper cronet is he anywhere else because windspear aint on the map and whats up with the githyanki that keep asking for the pointy thing is it worth keeping or shall i give it back?

18. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Don't. Kill them. They're evil, after all. Keep it.

19. Falcor Wolfbane Gems: 3/31

And where is firkragg if hes not at the copper cronet and windspear isnt on my map?

20. sirfrank Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You may need to bring your party to the 'City Gates' area first. Then exit that area to the top of the screen.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.