1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What have you screwed up today?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by chevalier, Aug 10, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    After a whole day of coding, I decided to let my sister surf the net and get out for a walk. I also needed to sort out a couple of things in my mind.

I didn't go far before I saw a cute girl coming from the opposite direction. Drop-dead pretty and even tall but still looking somehow young, in the alarming way. I pulled off my signature trick - smiling at her, making her smile back and then making her turn her head in my direction when passing by. Don't ask me why, but I love doing that.

First I seemed to have had a pleasant encounter, but it didn't take me long to realise I screwed up badly. Etiquette took the better of me. You know, dark evenings, girls and strangers. That doesn't go. And imagine asking her out, or her phone number or whatever such in some dark place in that dark evening, my being a man and a stranger. Especially considering I was blatantly heading fast in the exact opposite direction, so how would that look if I rotated 180 degrees? Everything would be too damn obvious.

So says my reasonable self. Still, I haven't felt so badly for ages. It was a pitiable screw up. If anyone asked my advice about doing something like that, I wouldn't let him hear the end of it.

So what have *you* screwed up today? Share your story.

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    How did you do that? - grab her by the head and twist her neck around? :p

Anyway, I burned my toast this morning. I hate it when that happens. :xx:

3. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I plated lots of bacteria last night, and no colonies this morning. Not pleased.

4. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I Hit a house playing golf today and broke a window :doh:

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Realized that someone deleted my Rank 1 Perfect Dark character. I'm gonna kill the bastard who's done it.

6. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Bought Apocalyptica for the p.c. It was only £8 and I didn't know anything about it, it looked like it might pass some time when bored. It actually had alot of potential. Yet instead it turned out to be MAJOR suckage. Crapola.

I should have just bought another Hellboy graphic novel...

7. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I gave a ride to a hitchhiker this morning. Don't know what I was thinking. Very stupid :doh:

8. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I procrastinated my paper-round so long I had to do it in the streaming afternoon rain.
    It was great weather all morning :doh:
    :borg:

9. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I had a dream that I had a gender change (don't ask) and when I woke up I sat down to pee...

10. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Too many In-Battle saves playing Vandal Hearts seems to have wiped the entire Memory Card. Including years worth of Tekken 3, months worth of a fourth round through Smackdown 2 and all my Metal Gear Solid/MGS Special Missions. :doh: :bang:

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've up at my moms place visiting for a few days and so I told her I would help her with a few computer problems she was having. (She's not very good with internet stuff) Anyway, she had an old MSN account she hadn't used in a long time and I thought I would bring it back into use before it disappeared forever. She also lives long distance and its cheaper to talk on messenger than phone. I was sure that I had gotten into her address recently but for some reason I kept trying and trying and couldn't get in. I ended up creating her a whole new account and even downloading the new messenger program which took a long time on a dial-up connection. When I finished I realized that her old address was still active! I had just typed it as msn.com instead of hotmail.com. Duhhh I'm so swift today.

12. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I screwed up a piece of paper because I didn't need it any more.

Oh. Not that sort of screw up :doh:

13. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I woke up and went to work...bad idea!

14. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I was just going to say that.

15. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Heh, I do the same thing, and love it too :grin:

Today I continued my now 2 day procastrination of my exam on the 26th. I probably shouldn't have done that, as stress will be the endresult of it.

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I usually screw things up for others, ask Faragon about lunch in an Italian restaurant and buying snacks at the supermarket :) I don't think Faragon has ever returned...

I had a chat with an attractive young woman in the train. At some point she asked me how old I thought she was. She was six years older then I thought. 'Am I that childish?' Whatever you think about women, it never seems to be okay.

17. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I seem to get a lot of gay guys doing that looking and smiling thing at me, I really don't like it and I don't like when women do it either. It really pisses me off. :toofar:

18. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Not today, but still a screw up. I installed Crusaders of Might and Magic on my brothers computer, and now it's stuck in 16 colour mode with 640x480 pixels, and no matter what I do it won't change! Gah!

19. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Too much, and thats just in a couple of hours. Should have stayed asleep :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.