1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Candy

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I was watching my boy enjoying fish, boots, and pop-bottles out of a candy garbage can this afternoon and it reminded me of when I was a little girl and candy meant so much more to me then it does now. I had a few favorites like dip-sticks and rockets but I think my very favorite had to be pop-rocks.

What is or was your favorite candy when you were a kid?

2. Alexander the Apostate Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Jelly bellies. They're a kind of jelly bean, that actually taste like what they're supposed. Grab a pear flavored one and eat it, it tastes like a real pear. They're sooo good but unfortunately they're pretty expensive.

3. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'd have to go for sour cola bottles. Grape flavoured Mentos would come a close second.

4. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

M&Ms I totaly love, but there are other delicius stuff too.

Too bad I dont eat candy anymore... :(

5. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Chocolate, and lots of it!

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

M&M's Lots of Chocolate Lemon flavoured bubblegum sour candy and much more...

But then again I'm still kind of young :p

7. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

Always ferrero rocher, they are the best chocolate you can buy

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

ferrero rocher isn't that with a nut in the middle? Then I'm allergic for it :(

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I love them! Could eat 'em till they come outa my ears.

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

"Geisha" chocolate-nougat bars made by Fazer. Shame that I cannot eat too much chocolade nowdays, or I would destroy more than a mere one bag of misc. fruit-candies in a day. :(

11. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I like Jelly Bellies as well. And lemon drops; I love lemon flavored candy, just as much as I love watermelon flavored candy. And Haribo Gold Bears: best gummy bears EVER.

...I love candy in general. It's a weakness of mine.

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Of the cheap chocolate that you can get in any convenience store, Reese's Peanut Butter cups are my hands-down favorite. Peanut Butter M&M's and Goldenberg's Peanut Chews are also right up there. Notice a trend? ;)

When it comes to fine chocolates, Lindt truffles are wonderful, as are Ferrero-Rochers and Baci, and we can't forget...and...

13. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Since I'm diabetic and have been for centuries I'm limited. Reese's makes a sugar-free peanut butter cup I love. I wish Hershey made sugar free candy. I do love their chocolate. I also love lemon flavored candies. Jelly Bellies are great but off my diet.

14. Blog Gems: 23/31

Jawbreakers and Skittles for candy. I tend to dislike candy that sticks to your teeth, like jelly beans.

I have sooo many favorite chocolate bars... Kit-Kat, Reese Peanut Butter Cups, Coffee Crisp, just to name a few.

15. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I like general chocolate - not anything peanutty though and lemon flavoured things too - and I pretty much like most candy, but the truly übersweet stuff is not for, especially if it's very chemical of taste - although actually I like caramelish stuff most...
    *sigh*
    I just like sweetish goodness - in fact I like most non-vegetable food things. - it's a miracle I'm not monstrously fat.
    :borg:

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I like real chocolate that is actually made from cocoa butter, sugar, and milk, unlike the junk made by the likes of Hersheys which have more weird chemicals than actual chocolate.

Meatdog - send us some real Belgian chocolate!!

17. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Frozen Snickers bars. Love those things!
    Reeses white chocolate peanut butter cups. Smash them to bits and then put them in some home made chocolate ice cream. :thumb:

Not to mention the deep fried snickers at the county fair. I can hear my arteries clogging. :lol:

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Deep fried Snickers bar?! No wonder the Western world is getting fatter every day.

19. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Don't know for sure but i think the deep fried candy bar craze started in Great Britian

I have noticed they use the same batter they use to make funnel cakes and elephant ears to dip the dark chocolate snickers into before dropping it in the vegetable oil.

[ August 02, 2004, 18:25: Message edited by: Dark Haired Beauty ]

20. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Sour Patch Kids. IMO, the best candy ever created; they're prety sour AND very tasty.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.