1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bad behavior

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Illusions And Dreams Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well I dont Know the exact details, but apparently my sister (btw she is 16) didn't want to make love or give it up however you want to call it, and he just kinda forced it on her) so i guess that falls into the rape category.

2. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The guy whose behaviour I really hate, Foradasthar. If you are willing to kill a man for something they said then you are a nastier piece of **** than most of the people in jail. See they had a reason, even if it was because the guy shoved them it's still a better reason than yours.

3. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Really? Nice to know. I hope you and I never meet then, because from your strong reaction I get the feeling you'd be pushing me over the edge quite quickly.

Really now, I never insult a person unless insulted first. That's what I said before and it's true. If I have insulted someone and they tell me that, I will apologize.

Let's put it this way. Just as a person is a psychological-physiological-social (don't know the abbrevation of that in English) being, there are 3 forms of violence as well. Physical, which is beating. Psychological, which is attacking another's persona (personal insults, abuse, threats, etc). And sociological, which is basically any of the other two used against one's social circle either directly or otherwise.

Let's say someone's parents are dead, and someone insults these parents knowingly while the child is present. That deed is no different from a hit straight in the face. The marks aren't as visible, but surely as effective. Only thing is, because an offense like that can't be proven in court without exceptional circumstances, the insulted one (or others willing to help him) will have to exact the punishment.

The reason for many of those who are in jail are egoistical. They desire something for themselves, and use criminal means to get them if they otherwise cannot. They don't care about other people, that is to say. In my case however, it's a question of princible to protect and preserve the honour of my loved ones. In addition to that, it's also a question of the insulting party being too stupid to back off even when they know they're doing the wrong thing, and that payment is forthcoming should they not stop.

Put short. If I never hit people, never insult people, always apologize when I know I've done something wrong accidentally, then how can I be guilty when all I do is retaliate to another person's first attack?

I realise many don't see the logic here. I realise many actually want a world where they can offend other people and walk away with it. I see people abuse social and psychological violence all around me each day. Even I take my share of it. But I believe in my own inner understanding of what is truly right. That is why I always say I'm chaotic good. Whatever others say, whatever law states, I know I'm doing the right thing. I may not always succeed in it, but I learn from my mistakes, and I keep trying.

The first offending party is always the guilty one. Always. With only one exception. When they have no other choice. Attacking someone with any of the 3 means mentioned above when not provoked, and given the option to let it go, does not fall in to the cathegory of "no choice".

Sometimes the world really is black & white.

Edit: I'd like to point out it's not like I switch to slaughtermode the second someone says something like that. I will use social means first. But if it doesn't work, then I won't waste another second. I won't kill someone out straight in such a situation anyway, but I will hit them for sure.

Still, no criminal record up to date. Like I said, I actually work on the side of law.

[ July 17, 2004, 20:40: Message edited by: Foradasthar ]

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I agree with some point of yours Foradastar but you carry it way to far.

What if such a mistake is killing an innocent person, will you still keep trying or in your point of view it gets better, you will be killed by the victims relatives. Would you like that?

5. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

How would I kill an innocent if I only retaliated to a crime they committed against me? I mean seriously, do you actually believe it's ok to insult matters holy to another person deliberately when you already know he's going to react to it? I can't believe I'm still talking about the same thing, is this what the morals are like this day? And like I said in the edit, you'd have to carry it pretty far to make me actually kill someone.

The Japanese, the Italians, some of the black Americans, all carry a strong respect to familial ties. And a strong reaction when someone attempts to insult or break them. There's nothing that miraculous in that some people HAVE princibles where they're needed.

Back when I was a kid and some of my drunken classmates had gone and pissed on people's graves in graveyard, you wouldn't believe the negative reaction it got from people. Were they innocent? Would you like someone doing his biological needs on the grave of your beloved mother? Sure they might not deserve to be killed for it (especially since there was nobody there to remind them of the severity of that crime and offer them a chance to go back), but a little beating in any of the 3 means mentioned before? Heck yeah.

And if I did indeed kill someone (I already said how it would be an extreme case, and anyway I can't and won't control myself when it goes too personal), and their family killed me, then things would be good. They did their duty afterall.

You see, the way I think is that no one person can ever hope to carry the wits or wisdom to understand how the entire world of humans should work. As thus, we each have to pick our own little view of it, and treat that as the right one. Although always open for new viewpoints of course.

My view is this: Person 'A' attacks person 'B'. Person 'B' retaliates by killing person 'A'. Person 'A's family attacks person 'B' and kills person 'C' by accident in the process. Now both person 'B's and person 'C's families retaliate as well, bringing in persons 'D' 'E' and 'F'. The list goes on, growing exponentially. And in the end, either the massacre stops, or the human race is wiped out. Whichever the case, the filth would be purged from the face of the planet. While I might not wish for that because of the extreme amount of innocents involved, I don't see that as such a bad alternative either.

Bear in mind, that up from when I was 7 years old, I've been bullied, betrayed, and left mostly alone aside from a small group of friends. I experienced the cruelty and stupidity of mankind first-hand in school, in high-school, in army, and in my first work after that as well (and I know that what I went through is NOTHING compared to what many others have experienced). And I know quite well I'm not the one to blame, for I NEVER attacked nor provoked anyone first (well never is an inaccurrate word since there are always accidents but still). All I did, was offer an easy target: I didn't bully others, I didn't retaliate when I was bullied, I didn't attempt to belong to the mass and start kissing someone's butt to "belong", and I had a temper that made me get mad fast. I was treated that way simply because people knew they *could* do that. I was around 20 years old when I started making it damn obvious that if someone wanted to hurt me, then I would damn well hurt them back twice as bad. You have no idea how much my life changed for the better. Advancement in work, respect from people, everything started going more smoothly. I'm still a very calm sissy-looking type as I don't find the need to act as if I was anything more, though.

I think the way I think because 90% or more of the people I've encountered are egoistical idiots (most don't take an active role in attacking another, but they still let it happen without doing anything about it which makes them the same flock), who need a lesson that law or other people (well it's the majority afterall) are never going to give them. I think the way I think because I'm not concerned about myself, but for my friends and my family (I don't believe in altruism, but this is the way I feel *better*). I like to see the purpose of my life is to sacrifice myself for them if that is needed.. that includes upkeeping their honour when they're not there to defend themselves. And because it is simply the right thing to do, no matter which way I look at it.

Now before Tal or anyone interrupts, I'll say I've no more need to comment on this particular subject. I'm disappointed enough as it is and it won't be a pretty sight if we go on with this useless bickering on how criminals are innocents.

Edit:

@ Apeman: Understood your question wrong. Answer: By "accident" or "not always succeeding" I mean that sometimes I unintentionally have insulted another. But like I said I have always apologized. And in my case, I do make sure what I heard was right before I carry on. And offer a chance to retreat, like I've said.

Even though there was a strong emotional charge to when I wrote that text under a misunderstanding, I'll let it stay there just so you understand fully how I view this and how seriously I take it. And apologies to anyone who got insulted with my reference to the people here.

6. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I'm also a defensive person by nature. I will not go out an insult anyone or harm anyone unless they have done the same to myself or someone undeserving.

However, if the act is illegal (eg. rape) I will convince the victim to go to the police and get it sorted out properly. Sometimes all they need is someone to help them through it and be there with them when the police are interviewing them.

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, to be honest, the only thing I've ever really done to get revenge on someone who's wronged me is steal somthing trivial from them. I'm actually what I guess you'd call something of a pacifist and will usually avoid a fight however possible.

Although, I have in the past cheated on a girlfriend after she's cheated on me, and 'stolen' a mate's girlfriend after he started slamming my good name.

But the best revenge I have ever achieved (I feel) is the revenge I got on the mother of my eldest son, and am still getting on her, by not giving up as she wants, and hanging in there for my son.

I also have the opportunity to get revenge on the mother of my youngest son now that she has decided to follow the route taken by my eldest's mother. Can anyone say home-made entertainment?

8. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Hate it when parents divorce and fight, it traumatises the child. Like me. I used to be a social person, but now I sit infront of the computer alot and even among friend I dont speek much. And I would concider myself a mild case.

9. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I am a pretty violent dude, it's biological, all my brothers is it as well, so i have done some not-too-good stuff.

Like I, like the leftish dude I am, got tired of a nazi in my class. I was reading a geography book, or more precicely, the chapter of world starvation, and it was a picture of a starving village. He saw the book, yells some racist comments to the whole class, and since I am of Jewish heritage and some of my friends in the class were not born in Sweden and some were even dark-coloured, I got pissed.

I took my pen, yes, a PEN, and jumped up on the desk I was reading behind. Now, you see, the guy was about 175-185cm long and weighted about 80-90 kilo at the time, it was three years ago, so I was scared as hell as I was, and still am, 165-170 and weighted 45-50 kilo PLUS I was a pretty bullied kid all my life until then. I kicked him on his cheek all that I could so he flew into the desk behind him. He was not only strong, but he was quick, so I jumped down next to him and waited until he stood up. When he jumped at me I just swung the pen once to hold him of and oops, a 2 cm deep and 10cm long injury in his arm and he was pretty stunned by the blood that was flowing. I then tripped him, took a chair and beated him with it about 5-6 times untill some in the class and our teacher hold me off.

He was sent to the hospital for two days and I wasn't even spoken to by the police as he provoked me and some of the teachers, like the one I had at the time, don't like nazis very much.

Needless to say, people who have heard of the story doesn't try to bully me around anymore. :p

I am sorry if the details are somewhat vauge, but as I said above, the ones from my family gets adredalin thrills and can't control ourselves for a short while if we gets mad. Just ask "RooK, the maker of life and death", on the boards. He is my little brother and is alike me on that thing.

The bottom line is: I don't regret it, not one moment.

10. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

That's why I'm loathe to do it, but I've just had enough crap from the mother of my eldest so I'm a little tempted to strike first this time.

11. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm like many of the people on here, a very defensive person. I don''t fight, and I get intimidated when people fight around me. If someone starts something with me, I back off, often when I'm even in the right. There was one occasion when someone took things a little too far.

He started off insulting me personally, which, by the way, has absolutely no effect on me whatsoever. Realising this, he moved onto more inventive insults about my family, my friends and my social circle. This got me a little red behind the ears, but I still sat (Inhumanly patient I hope you appreciate) and remained calm.

Then he started being what Caleb called a "Nazi." I am a very open minded person, and I get very frustrated with people like that. When he started picking on gays, blacks, women, HIV victims etc. etc. I started getting very angry (Not a sight even I see very often)

Finally, he took the final bite by breaking my personal boundry (Something I have a very peculiar respect for) and speaking about my ex whom I had only recently split from, and was still hurting very much.

Finally flipping, (Yes, you knew it was coming) I grabbed him by the head and slammed it into the vertical poles they put on busses to help you stand. About five or six times, actually. When his eyes looked a little glazed, I purposefully broke his nose and then drew my knee into his delicate areas so hard I'm quite sure he'll never have children.

I regretted it for a while, but his injuries weren't serious, and he was only off school for about a month, so my conscience was eased somewhat. After that, my friends looked at me with a strange kind of respect I'd never seen before, and I had to be very careful not to let the newfound "Beast within" go to my head.

By the way, for the record, I'm still a pacifist.....

12. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

Well you know what they say, don't fight fire with fire. But sometimes making a big enough fire to burn the oxygen out from the first one works just as well. :)

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I write a nasty fate to them in my novel :D

Seriouslyy, I've been known to hit a guy with a frying pan after insulting me... then again, I was 13 at the time. I've also thrown books at people, hit people with books, and made horrible nasty insulting comments back.

Nowadays, i mostly seethe and just quote Edwin.... :p

14. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Let me guess, Arabwel... they all end in something like "*FOOF* Fireball!"

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Nah, not really... since it's a non-fantasy one, let's just say that the evil insane madwomman who has the world in her grasp just smiles evilly at the mention of them... :p

In the sequel, am planning for gory flashbacks... someone WILl get their parts removed with a spoon :p

Or not, since the first one went way off the original so-called-plot.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Mine seems kind of tame compared to this stuff hehe.
    I was in grade 4 and this guy kicked my bag (im a small guy) so i waited till recess and snuck back into the classroom when nobody was around. i then proceeded to methodically tear off all the covers of his books and notebooks and threw them into the trash can. then i peed all over it. hehe. kinda childish, but hey, i was a child ;)
    On a more serious note, recently, some fcuker kissed my gf when she was in a less than sober mode (her fault too i know) so im currently in martial arts training. when i get good enough im going to kick the guy's ass. i can hold a grudge as long as the drow can. that little biatch (he is a bit smaller than me, but considerably stronger) better watch out when i come for him. he better hope i get good too, because if i don't screw hand-to-hand combat, im gonna whack him with a hammer. i Sh*t you not haha

@Aldazar
    i dont mean this to sound like a judgement man, but im just really curious as i am in a similar situation. how do you justify cheating on someone after they cheated on you first? ill be the first to admit that it's tempting, but why bother taking them back anyway after they cheated on you if that's all you were going to do anyway? just curious..

btw on a side note: i agree with foradasther, if the guy started the sh*t and you didn't do anything to provoke him, he deserves what he gets. myself, i probably wouldn't kill him though (i have a severe fear of being pounded in the ass in jail or anywhere else for that matter heh). but i could kill given the right reason/motivation i think. hell, i think everyone could. hehe this looks like its on the way to the alley.

[ August 19, 2004, 16:09: Message edited by: Enagonios ]

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Enagonios: Martial arts training is good for you anyway, but taking it just to try and kick the ass of one particular guy is not worth it. How much training would you need if you can't beat him now? One year? Two? You'll probably have had a couple of new girlfriends by then.

Call me harsh and cruel, but if your girlfriend can't keep her charms about herself when drunk, you actually owe the guy a favour for showing it to you. If she didn't resist, pity, but the man hadn't promised anything to you and she is the one to blame, not he.

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ah, yes, I agree with Chevalier. If she can't control herself, that's her fault. If she can't control herself once, she's not going to be able to control herself in the future. Plus, I've done martial arts for years but I still know if I get into an un-referred unarmed street-fight with someone, I'm very likely to get hurt somewhere along the way(unless my opponent is completely useless). I'd move on and enjoy my life if I was you.

19. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Kind of an interesting thread - thought I would dig it up from the grave :p

20. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    do you just spend your time trawling through old threads?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.