1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Do you smoke?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Jun 30, 2004.

1. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Wierd the last time I was in Europe, I noticed that the people in Prague smoked like crazy, everyone was smoking. Really wierd coming from a nearly smoke-free city in the U.S.

Former social smoker here, didn't really quit so much as I just sorta didn't smoke again after college. It wasn't a concious decision, I just was never that into it I guess.

As a side note, both of my grandparents from my mother's side of the family died from smoking related cancer.

2. Lynx Lupo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Hey, it's not my lungs, but it sure is the air I breathe! > :(

3. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

very infrequent smoker, less than socially...

@Aldeth: smokeless tobacco (snuff or chewing tobacco, we called it "chaw") might be even more carcinogenic than cigarettes, and I think it delivers more nicotine than cigarettes as well. Maybe that's why they banned it in Finland. Took it up for a while when wrestling; gave it up when I saw a few picts of guys with oral cancer... :eek:

4. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Never touched a deathstick in my life. And now I work for a place that sells them, and I don't think I could afford to start.

I might consider a cigar for special occasions, but nothing else.

5. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Nope, and don't intend to begin either :p

Though a friend do smoke, and i think my mother smoke on partys(sp?) an' stuff :?

6. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well as far as I know snuff is forbidden in the most of EU. Sweden has a specieal right because it has "cultural bonds" with the stuff. Personally I find the thing disgusting and am more than happy to have it banned. The smell of it just makes me sick.

Oh and on the topic itself, I'm one of those social smokers and smoke when I'm drunk. Cigars perhaps on special occations even without alcohol.

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    When it comes to snus they even had to remove the warning labels about cancer as all studies had been inconclusive. Now I am not naive enough to think the stuff isnt bad for me, but it is without a question vastly less dangerous than cigarettes. You do get much more nicotine though, which if you are a nicotinist migth be both a good and a bad thing.

Also if I am not mistaken I think it is closer for snus to be allowed in the rest of EU than it for being banned in Sweden as well.

8. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'm European, have never smoked, and probably never will.

9. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

I smoke occasionally; no more than twelve or so a week.

10. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The thing that strikes me as most ironic about my smoking habit is that when I was younger I was the loudest one out of mum's 3 kids about her quitting and I'm the only one that smokes.

11. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Smoke like a chimney (Eurpoean, UK) and wish I didn't. Quit for a month, then split up with partner. Biiiiiiig mistake.........

12. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Never tried one. Never appealed. I'm a casual 2nd hand smoker though... not by choice.

13. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I smoke about 6 cigarets in a year.. ehen I went out had a real good time and wait for people, that happens 6 time a year :S

14. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I know I've answered in this thread before, but uhh...things've kinda changed.

I now smoke on an almost-regular basis. Only at work though; and then I usually only have one or 2 smokes a day, (heh...I can't handle any more than that...and even *that* can wreck me sometimes :p ) and only when I'm seriously depressed...which has been happening a lot lately (hence the "almost-regular" basis)

And unless things start looking up for me, well...I'll have to start getting my 19 year old buds to buy me packs of smokes soon.
    *sigh*

Why can't the government just legalize weed so I can smoke some peace-leaf in public, rather than having to resort to this nasty "tobacco" (read: cigarette) crap?

15. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Because that would be stupid and because smoking isn't a 'right'?

16. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

The government will eventually legalize weed. Then we will all have different smoking addictions.

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Yeah I smoke. I'd like to quit but I don't want to quit that much ... yet.

18. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I voted for N. American / stopped, though that's hardly accurate. I tried once, smoked half a cig and it was so nasty (even as drunk as I was) that I never tried it again.

Now, I so dislike the stench that I roll up the windows in my car while driving near a smoker and hold my breath and walk wide around the stink-faces surrounding the building entrances. Around here, smokers seem to thing that the entire world is their ash tray and have no problem flicking their butts out the window, into the grass, on the sidewalk, etc. It's disgusting! :(

19. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I don't smoke either. Although, at family reunions, I second-hand-smoke about a pack... :(

Uhhh, Jaguar, you do know that weed is not addictive...right?

20. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I guess you could say I quit, but then again I guess you could say I'm in the process of quitting. Over 2 months now since my last Export 'A medium. Smoked since I was 12 or so, and that's about 5 years I guess.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.