1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official EURO2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

France is looking not too convincing at the moment. Matter of fact, i haven't seen them play that good alltogether this tournament.

Not sure, but so far i'd say this looks like another game that's gonna be decided by penalties.

Edit: And the French are out, unbelievable. It can't get any crazier than this.

[ June 25, 2004, 22:38: Message edited by: Pac man ]

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Wish I could say 'Unlucky France'.

But... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

The French have about as much fighting spirit as a dead fish.

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Well I guess we'll have a new European Champion this year. France out and when looking at the entire tournement it's justice, the Greecs were better and deserved it.

I can tell one thing though, Czechs are now automatically to the finals. No offense to the greeks and hat's off but I don't think they will beat the Czechs (if they beat denmark but I think they will)

Final

Portugal VS Czech republic

4. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Just two words: ****ING UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

EDIT: double post due to internet explorer (read: myself)

6. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Well, at this point nothing surprises me anymore. If a very modest team like greece can reach the semi's, they could just as well win the title.

In football anything is possible. The most logical favorites are all out, there's only outsiders left. :D

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

BOC!!!!

You did it!!!

Go Greece!!!!!!!!

Another of Morsmordre's pre-tournament picks goes out the door.....

What a fantastic tournament this is!

8. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well done Greece!

@BOC - I was mainly complaining about "Also, in this area the goalkeeper is the absolute lord, almost every physical contact with him is considered to be foul"

However I still don't think Terry was holding the keeper down...

Sometimes I do wonder if I used to play a different game to what gets played now though - you only have to be standing near someone and it's a foul if they fall over :D

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    Never been more pleased to be wrong Harbourboy!

(cept on the England stuff, pml)

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Greece is the word.

11. Pac man Gems: 25/31

It's got groove, it's got meaniiiiiing. :D

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    Not with ya there son I'm afraid!

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Does John Travolta ring a bell ? :D

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

And they will lose against the Czechs. Any team could have won from the french tonight. Not taking any credit from the greeks here but come on.

15. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Greece is a very solid disciplined good team. I am impressed. France however was rubbish, you dont win any games if you dont run. Standing still and hoping someone else does it wont work.

16. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Greece isn't THAT good. However, to get passed that tight defense, you gotta play fast paced football. A few weeks before Euro 2004 started, Holland played against Greece here in Eindhoven, and Holland beat them 4-0. At that time i thought that Greece wasn't gonna make it through the first round, they looked absolutely horrible. But i guess other teams didn't take notice of that game and started playing without even taking them serious. Big mistake.

17. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Not being sarcastic here, Uytuun. 'Sad' is a big word, maybe, but I would have liked to see our southern neighbours at the tournament. I just have some sympathy for Belgians. Probably because I had some cousy ('gezellige') nights with them watching sports. It didn't matter whether Belgium or the Netherlands had won. It was just cheerfull.

All my favorites are still in: Sweden, Denmark, the Czechs and needless to say, the Dutch. Wonder for how long. Two of them will find an end today or tomorrow.

18. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am nervous, real nervous. What would make me happy would be if Robbens and Ruudvan broke their legs during the walk from the bus to the locker room. Man, that would be sweet. Thats unlikely though, ... unless! No SPer in Portugal now? If so, an iron pipe wielding maniac going berserk among the dutch players would be real sweet now. :evil: :mommy:

19. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Bah, if we win, i'll be happy, and if we lose, the Swedes probably deserve it. So whatever happens happens.

20. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I'm sorry joaquin but I'm flying in tuesday if we win tonight ;)

Anyway, 34 minutes before the game. I think this is the big battle of SP if I look at the number of Swedish and Dutch posting.

So, good luck to sweden and may the best team win *coughHollandcough* :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.