1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official EURO2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm a bit behind the times but... COME ON ENGERLAND!

I'm starting to think that I was wrong about Rooney and that maybe he is quite good after all :D

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nordic combination! Wohoo! Too bad that Cassano scored that goal though, otherwise the Italians wouldnt have anything to blame but themselves in their dreams even.

Now I hope for Germany in the quarterfinal, even if it means the sad elimination of Holland at the group stage.

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Wow, 2-2 I didn't seen that one coming :rolleyes:

Well get ready for some serious conspiracy theories from the itialians, did you know they had 2 extra cameras on the fiels just for when it ended in 2-2

I am a bit nervous today for tonight, our last chance and it's not in our hands, I don't like them odds.

4. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Go Sweden!!!! I've got money on you guys so don't you dare lose!

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Well, the Czechs are fielding all their reserve players against Germany, giving them an excellent opportunity to seize the momentum.

Then again, Holland needs to beat the Latvians first, before they can start worrying about the Germany-Czech republic result, and beating Latvia isn't an easy task apparently, just ask the Turks, Czechs, and Germans.

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, well so it was said about the Ducth duel against Scotland, ooh big enemy, ooh we're not going to do 2004, ooh 6-0!!

7. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Sweden will knock us out of the tournament and win the title.

8. Pac man Gems: 25/31

No, i don't think so. Not after seeing their last performance, the Danes were stronger than them, and against Italy they were with their backs against the wall for 70 minutes, and only a lucky goal from Zlatan kept them alive. I don't regard the Swedes as serious titlecontenders. Imo the favorites are England and the Czechs.

9. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yeah, that's true. They'll knock us out though. The Czechs are a good candidate too.

10. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Germany - Czech Republic 2 - 0
    Netherlands - Latvia who cares?

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'd rather see Latvia in the quarter finals, then Germany. No offens, but the Germans' plays were dull. I don't have anything against Germans per se (unlike many other Dutchies :p ), they just don't deserve it... IMHO.

My vote is for any country that knows how to interest me: Denmark, Sweden, Czechs. In that order. I'd rather see the French and Italians get beaten soon. I just don't like their attitude. :heh:

Edit:
    IIRC, we don't NEED to beat the Latvians if the Czechs win (which I doubt). Then Germany still would have 2 points. If the Dutch 'play a draw' (?) we would have 2 points too, but probably with a better score. Not that that would happen, but still...

12. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I think your right MoN. If both matches of today are drawn, we are in the quarter finals, as long as Germany doesn't score 2 goals more than the Dutch.

I actually think the Czechs will beat Germany tonight, and the Dutch will win from Latvia. I appear to be the only one with this vision, but I'm not really an expert of football.

13. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] My prediction:
    QF #1 Portugal beats England
    QF #2 France beats Greece
    QF #3 Sweden beats Germany
    QF #4 Czech Rep beats Denmark

SF #1 Portugal beats Sweden
    SF #2 Czech Rep beats France

Final Czech Rep beats Portugal

14. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31

Boyohboyohboy. Is calculus really that hard? If both matches tonight are drawn, each team is entitled to add exactly one little point to the huge amounts of points amassed as yet. Which would mean:

Czech 7
    Germany 3
    Netherlands 2
    Latvia 2

Obviously, both Latvia and the Netherlands have to worry about winning their match before thinking about thrashing some Scandinavians.

15. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

:doh: Calculus isn't hard, but writing is. The situation is like you said, if both matches are drawn, but I meant to say in my previous post: "if the Czechs win and the other match is drawn." Sorry, my fault, I guess I wasn't paying much attention while typing.

16. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31

Please, don't go all defensive. ;) Just bash me and my German team for being smart assed and unwitty. We deserve it, trust me! Und jetzt alle:

Schade Holland, alles ist vorbei,
    Schade Holland, alles ist vorbei...

(To the tune of "Ohne Holland fahr'n wir zur WM") :D

17. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

What if Germany loses tonight and Holland draws against Latvia, which one of the three countries with 2 points will advance??

Has that ever happened that a team went into the next round with 2 points?

Darkthrone how about these out of Braga Stadium

"Aufwiedersehen"
    "Aufwiedersehen"

18. Eaglearrow Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] If Germany loses tonight and Holland vs. Latvia ends in a draw, then Germany and Holland both have 2 points (and Latvia, too).
    Germany would advance to the next round, because of the UEFA coefficient which sees Germany in front with a coefficient of 2.19 over Holland with 2.17. I haven't figured out yet, how exactly that coefficient is calculated, but it is some kind of ratio of the game results of the qualifications for the World-Cup 2002 and EURO 2004 divided by the number of games played. If I find out more, I'll post it here.
    --
    :book:
    --

Here's the deal:

In case Germany loses...

1.) the game Holland:Latvia must end 0:0, and...
    2.) the Germans lose with only one goal difference and score at least 2 goals (i.e. 2:3, 3:4, 4:5 etc.).

In the case of a 2:3, both Holland and Germany have equal points and goals and the above mentioned UEFA-coefficent comes into play.

Germany: 2.188
    Holland: 2.167
    Latvia: 1.250

In case of equal UEFA coefficients the Fair-Play behavior of the teams decides who advances and finally they draw sticks.

[ June 23, 2004, 18:57: Message edited by: Eaglearrow ]

19. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

:lol: :grin: ;)

I hope I will still be as cheerful later this evening... :mommy:

20. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Right now things are going our way.

At halftime

Germany-Czech rep.2 1-1
    Holland-Latvia 2-0

Heheh.... Aufwiedersehen !!!! :D

Sweden here we come !

[ June 23, 2004, 22:32: Message edited by: Pac man ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.