1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official EURO2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Schwalbe.....LOL Morgoth.

I, and I imagine the rest of holland, must have been thinking doom scenerias the most of the game. Now that goal brought some well placed relief but that kick against that German's face really did it. We were rolling of the floor, the way they did that slow motion.

Ticket for Germany - Holland 250 Euros
    Orange T-shirt - 50 Euros
    A few kegs of beer - 68 - Euros
    A german kicked in the head by Stam - Priceless :D

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31

You're all laughing now, but if it were another referee, he might have just as well given the Germans a penalty for that. It would be a harsh decision, but i've seen crazier things in football.

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

1 - 1. Great game for Greece, now only one point is needed against Russia to advance instead of Portugal or Spain.

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Way to go Greece.

Although Spanish fans might be a tad miffed at creating so many chances and scoring but the one goal. Happened last game as well. The Greeks really worked hard though and hard work and stalwart defending will nearly always reep rewards. Just ask the Germans.

5. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

[​IMG] Well, we were extremely lucky. When Spain scored I was afraid that they would crush us considering the bad day of our defenders (with the exception of Dellas) but we managed to survive and now we hold our fate in our own hands while Portugal and Spain will have to play a game of life and death (assuming that Portugal will win the russians tonight). This team has already surpassed all our expectations so far. As Manowar say "too hard to break, too hard to bow". :)

6. Register Gems: 29/31

Imagine:

Portugal - Russia: 2-0

Greece - Russia: 1-0

Portugal - Spain: Doesn't really matter, the point is that one of the teams are going to be toasted if they lose, but if they draw, Portugal will be toasted anyway. :D

7. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Portugal is out, history, no more, as deekin put it "doom, d-d-d-d-oom, DOOM". They have to win and get goals for the next two matches in front of their countrymen. Under huge pressure, their chance of next round appearance is slim.

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    So they thought of South Korea teekc, a stadium full of fans has more effect than you think.

9. Register Gems: 29/31

The differance is that South Korea didn't meet a team with almost the same amount of fans and a team that is as good, if not better, players. I think Spain will beat Portugal with 2-1 and Portugal will be out of this tournament.

For a team with the home advantage and some of the best players in the world, they have certanly dissapointed me.

10. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I think Portugal will be okay, they'll beat Spain come sunday. I'm not overly impressed with both Spain and Portugal, but i think home advantage could actually be a factor here, and probably a questionable referee would be of some help too.

Portugal may not have been doing very well until now, but don't forget that Spain hardly ever does something noteworthy on international stages like this. Spain is worldchampion when it comes to qualifying rounds, but when a tournament actually starts, they choke.

11. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Schwein, Schweiz, doch egal...

12. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I haven't seen Spain play, and I missed the second Portugal game, but if Portugal play like they did in their first match I can't see them getting to the next round

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bah, all this just means that even more of my Euro picks go out the door. So much for Portugal beating England in the quarter finals . . . .

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Well one thing is certain, either spain or portugal will certainly get kicked out. Which kinda sucks because I both have them in the quarters.

Oh well, the first surprise.....Greece, congrats :thumb:

15. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

What? That would mean Greece could stay away from the next match and still proceed to the quarters? Certainly not.

If both Russia and Portugal win the last group match it will be a matter of achieved goals who enters the quarter final. It is still possible for Greece to screw it all up...

16. Register Gems: 29/31

Well, I don't think Greece will fail to win against a Russia with it's goalie banned, hopes for a quarter final shredded, best player sent home, both original middle defenders injured, and the best of the remaining defenders banned.

17. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31

True. But still, everything is possible. And very often predictable matches tend to end in an unexpected way. Just remember Greece - Portugal or France - Senegal in 2002.

Anyway, Italy may actually stand a better chance of winning the title now, since Totti has been banned for three matches by the UEFA executive committee. I doubt he will come back into the tournament.

18. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I wonder if Totti is somehow related to Frank Rijkaard. :D

19. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31

No, he isn't. If he was, Poulsen would have been banned for three matches as well... ;)

20. Register Gems: 29/31

Yeah, but in both of those occations, all teams had something to win. Russia is out of the tournament, no matter what happens, so I don't think Russia have a reason to try to win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.