1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official EURO2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I wonder if we'll here about some englishmen trashing a few bars in Portugal tomorrow? ;)

2. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

probably.... I guess were gonna get kicked from the tournament.

3. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

@Caleb

You have just lost 20 bucks. I will get drunk only if we win the tournament (that means in my wildest dreams). Actually the last time I had a hangover due to a sport event was back in 1997 when Olympiakos won the european basketball championship in Rome.

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

This just prove my point: The Frenshmen aren't the best team in the world, they are the luckiest.

WC quarter final 1998? They won against Italy when Luigi Di Biagio hitted the bar. That sure ain't skill.

EC semi-final 2000? They won against Portugal on a penalty that they shouldn't have gotten in the first place.

EC final 2000? They won over Italy on overtime because of luck in the equalizer.

It ain't ****ing fair, I tell ya.

5. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

speechless. For those who left the stadium early, for those who switched channel early, you missed the most dramatic 3 mins in history.

6. Morgoroth

Yeah, I've noticed myself saying that a few times when Sweden beats us in icehockey. It just ain't fair. :D

Personally I dislike both the English and French teams but I consider the French to be the lesser evil so I'm more than happy with the results as long as they don't go and repeat what they did last time against italy, now that was truly horrible.

7. Register Gems: 29/31

Morgoroth, I know about the hockey. But look at it this way, which team lost against Belarus in the quarter final in icehockey 2001?

8. Morgoroth

Yeah but last year in Finland we actually led by four goals (or was it three?) and then we go and lose the damn match! Such things just can't happen, but still they do.

Oh and the Belarus thing, I will never ever forget that one goal witch went past Tommy Salo, I have it on video and it's still funny as hell. :D

Going quite a lot offtopic right now though. Perhaps we should bring this up more closely when the World Cup of hockey begins. ;)

9. Register Gems: 29/31

6. England - France 1 - 2. England lost after having the lead up to the 91th minute when France managed to equilaize and then afterwards take the lead against England on a penalty. David Beckham missed a penalty while Zidane managed to score, but who were the better player that day? How will England manage to beat both Croatia and Switzerland, two teams that showed a good performance in their game, and manage to go to the quarter finals?

7. Denmark versus Italy tomorrow. Italy have a lot to stand up for while Denmark have played very stable these last few months. Italy, on the other hand, have given up their defence tactics that the classical team have used since the 60's and have started to use the 4-3-1-2 tactics that Spanish teams use well in la Liga. Will the usually stable Italian defence be able to hold of Jörgensen and Tomasson? Will the Italian attack be able to co-operate to take out Denmark before they even had the chance to attack?

8. Sweden versus Bulgaria tomorrow. Bulgaria is the underdog in this tournament and Sweden have a troop without any injuries at all. Henrik Larsson, the effective goalscorer from Celtic have returned to the squad and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the talented player from Ajax, are both on form and the Bulgarian goalkeeper nothing special. Bulgaria plays like Sweden in many ways, mostly with their team-before-inviduals attitude, and if they manage to keep their defence together they may be able to keep Christian Wilhelmsson, Fredrik Ljungberg, Anders Svensson, and Kim Källström away, but for how long?

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

England just most unlucky team ever.

No comment on game yet though.

Too pissed off.

May talk tomoz if I don't slit my wrists tonight.

11. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

I think that England's main problem in the games against Switzerland and Croatia is that they have to be the creative side in these games, since Swiss and Croats are going to follow and defensive strategy. This means that the English can't play as they play tonight with massive defense and counterattacks.

12. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Man your fast with posting!!

First of all.

I was gonna congratulate all English here, especially Morsmordre, but I offer my condolences instead :D

Second of all.

Congratulations to the few french people here!

Third of all (now this will be in dutch and it won't be pretty)

Wat een Kutzooi!! :mad:

France didn't deserve it, England wasn't that good either but they had that defence right on. Last WC France hadn't the oppurtunity to play with Zidane and they didn't make one goal. Now they should have lost this match to the english if it wasn't for that sickly talented Zidane.

I wish Rooney (he has the knack for it) broke Zidanes anckle :evil: ;)

For tomorrow I have high hopes for italia and Sweden (both of course in my EC management team). Zlatan Ibrahimovich rulezz!

13. Register Gems: 29/31

Apeman, it's Ibrahimovic, not Ibrahimovich.

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Caleb

I'm not going to lie to you, I am a huge Ajax fan and unfortunatly have had a few nice glasses of red wine this evening, so if I misspelled one player........well frankly I don't give a flying **** ;)

On a side note....

What a great match tonight for the neutral viewer, woohoo :cool:

Oh....and you know what it is with Beckham missing that penalty?

It's Loos.......you know Rebeccaa.....that Dutch slut.....Bwahahahahahaha :evil: :lol:

Sure hope Holland wins against Germany this tuesday...otherwise I'm going to get flamed by some people here :o

15. Register Gems: 29/31

Well, I forgive ya, but if you go and spell Zlatan's name wrong in front of him, he will slit your throat. :D

Now, I was the neutral viewer, and I must concur. The game was good until, say, the 91th minute when ****ing miss fortuna wanted to give France another shot in the tournament.

I hope they'll end up last in the group.

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wow - my faith in my predictions has been restored in the last few minutes. Maybe England won't win Euro after all. What a capitulation!

17. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well I have to say that is the first time Hellas played as a team. And i that for me was fantastic play i was only hoping for my team.
    We are HOT

18. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ha. This is the first soccer game I've ever watched (it's not that big in Canada), but it was Sunday afternoon and there was nothing else on, so I decided to see this "world's most popular sport" everybody speaks of.

Great game. I was totally into it, although it helped that I didn't care if England or France won. Maybe I'll have to watch more of this soccer (yeah, to us North Americans it's soccer; our football is a sport where very few feet actually make contact with said ball).

19. Register Gems: 29/31

Good to have another guy up to the sport that is the greatest of them all. I hope you'll see these games as well as they can turn out to be really good:

Italy-Sweden
    Czech Republic - Germany
    Germany - Netherlands
    Netherlands - Czech Republic
    Portugal - Spain
    Italy - Denmark

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Portugal v Spain is now a huge game for determining who England might meet in the next round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.