1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

quick item-code question

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Tressym, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Tressym Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I need the item codes for the Wave's blade, and for the True Name scroll of the Hammer of Thunderbolts.

I have the other parts for both artifacts, but recently discovered that these two come from the Rebel Prince and the Shadow Dragon respectively. I was on the rebels' side, and have left the City of Caverns long ago; i finished the shadelord quest even earlier, so the shadow dragon's hall no longer exists.
    Thancue!

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

The shadow dragon's hall does still exist. Head back there and see (and kill) for yourself. As for the blade, it's...
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("halb09b")

3. Tressym Gems: 5/31

Ooh, thanks for the blade! But i went to the Temple Ruins, and there's only the final tiny area, with the dark altar Mazzy turned into a memorial. The dungeon, and even the forest outside of it, no longer exist...

4. Felinoid

You can still get in the same way you did before, via the stairs near the mirror, unless you've got a mod that radically (and poorly) changes the area.

5. Tressym Gems: 5/31

I'm totally mod free, but there are no stairs and no mirror: the forest {in which the stairs are} disappeared after i killed the shadelord.

6. Felinoid

If there were no stairs you wouldn't have even been able to leave after you finished the quest. If you just don't want to fight the shadow dragon, that's fine, but don't go making false bug reports that could cost other people a lot of wasted time. Now, if you do actually have a genuine problem, I'll need you to describe everything that's on your Temple Ruins map, most especially what's in the far upper right corner where the stairs should be. If you don't, just say so and I'll provide you with the item code.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

IIRC, the map after you defeat the shade lord doesn't have the mirror. The steps are there, you just have to move your cursor around to get the travel icon because they are hard to see (not looking like actual stairs or a dungeon entrance). And if you bypassed the dragon without killing her to kill the shade lord, she should still be waiting for you.

8. Felinoid

No, the mirror's there too, though if you look closely at it, it looks more like a stained glass window. Everything is in the exact same place after the change; every tree, every stone, every little twig. The only things they change are the light level and how the altar looks. I imagine it saved on work to just copy it. ;)

9. Tressym Gems: 5/31

I'm not making anything up. @_@
    When i travel to the Temple Ruins area {by chosing it at the world map}, it brings me to the final scene of that area - the one where the fight with the Shade Lord took place. It's the screen's southeastern corner, and the trees won'et let you move {or see anything} outside that corner, where it's all dark, unexplored. The only area exit is the edge of the screen, which, again, takes you back to the world map.

10. Felinoid

There are stairs in that area too, where you came up from the dragon's lair. Start your cursor at the foot of the statue and move it directly right. There's a nice big trigger for the stairs, and if you can't find it, try a little further down.

And as a side note, I think it highly unlikely that you don't have some mod at work here. The only entry points on the map are outside of the altar area. If you can actually get to the altar (stand next to it), you would need to make a new entry point inside the trees' perimeter.

[ August 12, 2006, 12:53: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

11. Tressym Gems: 5/31

Wheeeeeee, thacue! Found it! And Shadowboy went down like a punk, after i used Holy Smite on him, repeatedly, from all three priests on my party.
    But i'm still mod-free.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.