1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #23

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I think I'm just going to ignore the outside world for a while and hope it goes away.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What sort of exam is it if you already know the questions beforehand?! What a swizz!

3. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

In my opinion, it's the best kind. The prof gave us four options for the exam: to write it in the 3 hour time period without any knowledge of what is on it beforehand, a take home exam, to get the questions in advance but no notes allowed, or to get the questions in advance, and notes allowed. The final option was the class consensus.

We're covering a year's worth of material in an 8 week course. It'd be extremely difficult to study everything from early Roman Republic (200 BCE) to Nero (68 CE) for a 3 hour exam. So that final choice made the most sense to everyone (all 12 of us) in the class.

This has to be by far the best prof at this university.

:rolling: I love summer courses! :hippy:

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Got back alive, didnt miss a single flight, tattoo is doing fine and even if I had to spent the night at the airport, it wasnt my fault!

:p

Miss ya, guys. Will log in and come to chat in a few hours, when I get to the library.

*hugs*

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] wow - my grandma brought me to school while there was sunlight!

Last time she bought me to school we were a bit early... we watched the cleaners and teachers arrive... then waited about an hour until the first normal pupil arrived then I went in.

So yay. Unearlyearlyness!

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Well I have my first re-test (Our how do you call it if you got a second chance to do a test?) today! I hope I do it right this time :p .

I think I go to school early to get some coffee before I start. And then try to focus on the test and not on all the other complicated sections of life!

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You should definitely file a complaint with Cicero :p

8. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

:p If I had a time machine, I probably would.

9. chevalier

Media:
    /me smiles cheesily :p

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Coffee and cinnamon cakes. Exam tomorrow. Life sucks. Hope I'll pass. Holidays after that. A good thing, as people are getting interested in my translations, tutoring and the like. Perhaps a website to make as well. Money doesn't make you happy... if you don't have it :D :lol:

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Oh my god, I f'd up right now I told A girl I liked her then I said I had to much wine and my conclusion was that I was to honest :S.

Damn... Need Coffee NOW!

11. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Ah, feels good to be back on the boards. This whole work, break, work sleep thing just isn't fun anymore.

/me wonders if Chev has a tatoo...

12. chevalier

Media:
    :eek:

13. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Yeah! I did draw cute little evil bubles! U know the things kids make with water ans soap and that get carried away with the wind... Gonna post them online soon and provide a link :p

Bubles scare me pretty bubles are out there to get me, but I will get them firdt *pop*

14. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Today must have been one of the weirdest days I've lived in a while...

I started at a new job, which pays better than my last job. After a good long day's work, I went to the gym and saw an old friend. Talked to him for a while. Then called back this place about a job, and immediately went in for an interview (still very sweaty from working out...but the interviewer said he didn't care).

So I got *that* job, which pays a good $4 an hour more than my new job (which pays $1.50 more per hour than my last job). I'm supposed to start that next week. :p so I have to give my boss his week's notice on my second day at work... :D hehehe.

And to top things off, on my way home after my interview (I was on my bike...I go everywhere on my damned bike) I successfully wiped out for the third time in as many weeks. :shake: This was the best one though, as I've got a seriously bloody knee, one of my hands is all scraped up, and there's an imprint of the pavement on my right cheek (face cheek; not the lower cheek :p ). The best part, is that I wiped out just after thinking: "Today just couldn't get any better."...woops!

Of course, today could have gotten better, if I'd gotten a chance to spend time with my wonderful special friend.

Oh well; we're supposed to spend tomorrow evening together, and then we're going to see Shrek 2 on Friday, at the theatres.

I just hope she isn't just leading me on, it certainly doesn't seem like she is...but I can never be sure with women. And I know there's this guy at her work that she likes (she's admitted to it), and I *know* I could never compete with him if he wanted to get with her. That doesn't really inspire too much confidence in me :p .

And I've been wondering...do girls often tell guys that they make them feel safe? And if so...how serious do they tend to be about it? (Yes...I *am* asking for generalizations here... :p )

Whew...*another* long RB post. It almost looks like I'm going for some sort of record. ;)

15. chevalier

Media:
    Congratulations!

And no, girls don't often tell guys that they make them feel safe. Actually, that's one of those things they only say when they mean it. So, you can be sure it's true. It's not really like they tell that to friends. It takes some very important male figure in their life. Brother figure could do, but still... I think she is trying to come to terms with her various feelings. Let's say, for instance, you're the guy who makes her feel safe, is fun to cuddle with, can make her laugh and so on and so forth, while the other guy gives her the thrill. That's a frequent combination. Wouldn't suprise me at all.

Never, ever, think that you won't get any girl that any other man wants. Ever. Firstly, you'll never get a girl who isn't really interested in you. And you will always get a girl who is really interested in you. The rest doesn't really matter.

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Now THAT is some good advice. :thumb:

Plus, every girlfriend I've ever had, I've got after thinking "Man, she'd never want to be with me". Double plus, many friends of mine now curse their lack of confidence as youngsters after discovering (far too late) that several girls they ahd previously written off as being out of their league actually turned out to have thought the same thing about them.........

That's the biggest thing that many of us would change about our lives if we could go back in time. You boys should heed our words and always back yourself!!

17. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

18. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Only got about the first minute of that because I'm in a public library but that's some bizarre stuff. Does it get any more bizarre after that first minute or so?

Oh well, going to see shrek 2 again tomorrow but this time I'll get to see it all!

19. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Interesting, it's nearly 6:30 am and I'm still up, this is late even for me

20. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ejsmith, your link started to download automatically on my computer. Since I did not know what it was I stopped it. I think I would have prefered a link to a site that asked me first if I wanted to download before it did it for me. Preferably one that actually told me what I would be downloading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.