1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Summer Holidays

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Splunge, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, with the tensions in the Alley right now, and given that it's a beautiful Sunday (sunny and warm), I'm thinking about what I'm going to be doing with my two weeks at the cottage in July (aside from the usual chores). BBQ's, the occasional beer, lounging at the beach - aahhh, I can't wait. :)

So for the rest of you (or at least, for those in the Northern Hemisphere, where it's not winter :p ), what are your summer plans?

2. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I am not certain, hopefully a holiday in Panama

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    A surgery, a trip to England or somewhere in Scandinavia... I don't know, haven't decided yet. Some hardcore spamming in #sorcerers - I intend to beat my record of 35 hours connection and I need to reclaim the Ivory Throne of Spam. I'll have to finish the last (for now) update to the great (105 questions, probably a couple more because of the deities update) roleplaying personality test on my site (the test is currently down), also some writing for my site... some gaming - Warcraft 2 and maybe 3, some Icewind Dale 2 maybe, or NWN if I get it. Some hanging out with friends, especially of the finer sex ;) Yeah, haven't had a date since before Lent, believe me or not. After all, I owe something to the ladies ;) And I need to re-teach my dusty bones to dance. I could work on my French and/or Italian. Plus, summer is a good time for unstable momentary jobs like translating things for people, quick tutoring, making webpages and the like.

4. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Probably nothing special since a sailingtrip I was supposed to take with a couple of friends around the baltic sea was postponed to next summer. I'll probably just hang around with friends and enjoy the summer with a few glasses of beer. Oh and I guess I have to work a little bit too ;)

5. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Working, seeing my friends whenever I can, going to the gym (Yay! I finally started going on friday!!), maybe play some nwn, try to talk to friends on msn, spam on the boards, spend some time on #sorcerers (go java!), and other things that I can't remember right now but are probably too boring/lame/uninteresting/blah to list anyway. And basically just try not to kill myself this summer... :rolleyes:

6. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Me and some friends in LA

7. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Planning on taking a new hobby/exercise... trekking/mountain climbing. Only problem is the wet season is approaching.

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Me being a student and all, I get to work. Yeah...

/me wanders off to cry

9. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    As little as possible. I need to have fun or I'll go insane before I start my new job in August.

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@ Jaguar

Want to switch places? Try banging your head against the wall whole summer, broke. :sosad:

Really should find some hobby -could enjoy of the weather a bit then. :hmm:

11. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm moving to another house within the coming few weeks, so that's where all my money goes. I'm afraid there won't be anything left after that.

12. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Spending the summer in Portugal, European Champion ship here I come! Woohoo :D

13. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] We're planning a trip to Cancun, Mexico, another to Las Vegas, Nevada, and given enough time & money, a third to the Orlando area in Florida. The third trip is really questionable at this point, but the others are pretty sure bets.

I am hoping to combine the Cancun/Vegas trips into one, but it might actually turn out to be cheaper to split them up into separate trips. :eek: Go figure.

14. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Taking university summer courses, going to a sci-fi convention and hunting for work. I can't live off of student loans forever.

15. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Working two part-time jobs. Boating and water skiing on the River. Camping when possible. Having a Mothman Camp Out this weekend. Hope I can trade days with someone. :rolleyes:

16. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Finishing my Thesis.

Graduating from Graduate School.

Watching reruns of the Cosby Show.

Fun, i know.

17. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] The only really exciting thing I have on the horizon is an all weekend bachelor party in New York City at the end of the month. We're starting out with a softball game in Central Park, and we plan to degenerate from there....

18. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well after exams naturally it's gona be party, party, party all the way. When i'm not partying though, i'm sure i'll find some time to finish off the documentary i'm making, and once that's done i can finally start work on my own first film! Yay. Martial arts training will be a big feature too. Anyhow i can't wait :)

19. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

School ends this week and next week I'll be planting trees in the forest, making maybe a hundred and twenty USD a day (1000 swedish crowns)... This I do for a month... :hahaerr:

Oh well... I'm free during what's left of summer. :)

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.