1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Hats

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, May 28, 2004.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Recently I decided that I need to make some hats. Browsing the internet I found oodles of websites about many different styles. Although not always necessary, a lot of people wear them just to make a personal statement. So I thought I'd post a simple poll to see where the people here fit in.

*note - you can choose more than one option on the second question

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 47 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Hats (47 votes.)

How often do you wear hats? (Choose 1)
    * almost all the time. - 11% (5)
    * quite often - 21% (10)
    * once in a while - 17% (8)
    * very rarely - 34% (16)
    * never! - 17% (8)

What kind of hats do you wear? (Choose 6)
    * conservative - 11% (5)
    * fantasy - 9% (4)
    * work related - 9% (4)
    * casual - 49% (23)
    * style not listed - 28% (13)
    * not applicable - 21% (10)

2. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The only times I wear a hat are in the winter to keep warm (a knit cap) and in the summer to keep my slowly balding scalp from frying in the sun (a baseball-style hat).

3. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I used to wear hats to keep my hair from looking too messy, but now I use the hood on my jacket for that.

The only other time when I need a hat is for sun protection for the few hot days in the summer. But I'm not sure what kind of hat style it really is. It just rings around the forehead, with a shading part that protrudes over the eyes.

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

We all have "bad-hair days" every once in a while, don't we? ;) Some hats also look pretty good, and I use them quite often. At winter of obvious reasons, it can be pretty cold/windy at spring/autumn too, and at summer it's just a way to have some shade and style. :p

Should buy more hats; have three different ones ATM... :hmm:

5. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

Hardly anyone wears caps or hats where I live apart from the teenage delinquents who tuck their trousers into their socks. In Birmingham if you wear a cap it means you are a dick.

6. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Only when playing tennis and only when the sun shines.

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I usually only wear baseball caps, but I also have a nice jungle camouflage hat that gives lots of shade in the summer.

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I only wear hats when it is cold in which case I will generally wear a black toque.

9. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I wear a black woollen Beanie with the edges rolled up for that casual 'wee thick hardman' look.

It used to be a black corduroy flatcap but they kept getting stolen (go figure).

I have the usual assortment of hats including hard hats, army camoflage hat, Russian grey hat, straw hat etc. but I think that the beanie is the only casual hat ugly enough to avoid being mistaken for a girlie 'fashion accessory' in day to day use.

10. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Only toques during winter; and then only when it's cold enough.

It used to be a red, maple leaf shaped Canada toque. Now though, it's a great toque with my uni's colours (red, yellow and blue)...with a nice poofy yellow ball (aka "pom-pom") on the top.

[ May 31, 2004, 01:48: Message edited by: Faerus Stoneslammer ]

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I have three of them for the summer. A cowboy one, safari one and Panama. However, the safari one has got broken and the Panama one no longer fits on my head well after some heavy raining, not like the cowboy one is in a perfect condition, so I probably have to resupply soon.

12. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I like hats but I don't wear them all that often. In the winter I crocheted a really cool one that had the look and colour of a tortoise. Hanging from under the brim I made a lot of dangley things that looked like dread-locks.

13. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I always go around in my Oilers hat, Oilers being the NHL team from Edmonton. Pretty brave thing to do in Calgary some would say.

But hell, if I could get away with it during 1988-1990, I can surely get away with it nowadays.

14. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I only wear caps. I got a whole bunch of them, but you can of course only wear one at a time. My favourites are a "Golden State Warriors" cap, a gift from my friends when they visited the US, and of course my NY Yankees cap.

At work i usually wear a red and blue "Montreal Canadiens" cap.

15. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I love hats, but only wear them in the winter. I have 2 favorites, one brown, the other purple -- they're like bowler hats, with turned up rims all the way around. However, when I lived down South, I did have a big floppy straw hat that I would wear out in my rose garden in the summer, but aside from that, it was just too hot most days to wear anything on my head.

16. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Well, I have quite a collection of baseball caps, but the one that I wear most often is a black metallica cap. In the winters, that changes to a little black toboggan - think Leon from "The Professional"

Of course, I also have my lovely black felt cowboy hat, and my roughed-up straw cowboy hat. Black for everyday use in fall/winter, or for formal use, and the straw for everyday use in the spring/summer. It's all about being seasonal ;)

17. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I wear hats, well, quite often. At summer I wear a very, very broad black-transparent hat where I can hide from the sun and then I have two kinds of high hats, which I think are called toppers in english.
    On the other hand I never EVER wear a cap. Makes me look boy-ish...

18. teekc Gems: 23/31

i cannot go out without wearing a cap. It really helps me avoid eye contact so i don't have to pretand happy and say hello to everyone i don't really know.

19. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I have a few hats, and a toque with my old high school symbol. Mostly I wear my backwards hat when I am mowing the lawn. And when I have bed hair when I have to leave the house suddenly.

20. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    What's a toque? :confused:

I never wear hats, I look ridiculous with a hat on.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.