1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #22

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

@chev- We already have been friends for a few years (what with her being my neighbour and all... :rolleyes: :p ) and I know her parents like me. :p .
    @Splunge- ( :p ) We *did* go just as friends. Much to my chagrin; we each acted just like we would if we'd gone with a big group of friends...except there was just the 2 of us.
    @Dragonfly- Very good advice...I think I'm gonna have to sleep on it at least a few more times before I can actually figure things out.
    @Darkhaired Beauty- I'm not afraid of her being mean/cruel or ridiculing me or anything. I know she's not like that anyway. But I'd take any kind of rejection very negatively. She'd almost certainly let me down real easy (if not subtly...hehe).

Oh well. I'll give it a few days to let things settle/ferment/whatever; then I'll talk to her again. And hope things go well. Who knows, if I'm lucky we might even have a repeat of last saturday (*last* saturday; not this past weekend's saturday).

RB: Game 7 tomorrow; and the Flames are going all the way!! Tampa's going all the way *down*!!!

EDIT: Woohoo!! New page! Man am I tired. I should probly go to sleep in a couple hours... :p

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Jaguar want mate...Grrr...

3. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Haha! :lol:

You've got to love my physics teacher... I studied like a frenzied demon for the nationals in physics and cleared the lowest limit by 3-4 points (which I thought was pretty good; I was definetly an F-student before :rolleyes: ).

And what was his reply to this: "According to national standards, you now know physics, but to me, you are still an F. :D
    Can I do anything other than laugh... :shake:
    (me likes me new gem... I can spell it!)

[ June 07, 2004, 09:58: Message edited by: Vyndin Source ]

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    500th post and a ziose gem for Takara. :cool:

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Grr, I hate it when avatared people say what gem they have, because they don't have one. Thet give up their right to boast about their gem when they take an avatar.

6. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

With the avatar, I kinda forget what gem I'm on anyway, *goes off to looK* Waterstar gem here :D

7. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I'm sensing some jealousy there Aik. Careful, you may just want to get one. :p

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @DHB: There are some exceptions, but they confirm the rule, anyway. No one with a shred of compassion and integrity would do that.

@Faerus: So you have a great advantage over the competition :D There are various ways in which you can (ab)use it :lol:

Someone will always mistake your for a couple. For a change, you might try not correcting him. You could also look in her face and smile. Imagine she's a brand new GeForce4 with 256 MB RAM... Joking :p , but you get the idea ;)

Someone less than unintrusive will probably ask you who you are to each other at some point. That's my favourite. You need to appear a little bit puzzled but still in control of things (a good male needs always be in control of things), look at her and wait or simply ask her or leave it up to her to answer.

Then, there's the problem of girls approaching you and guys approaching her when you're together. Does she say "he's taken" or "he's mine" or some such? Well, you could as well ;) If something goes wrong you can always pretend you were joking :shake: But she'll get the right message nonetheless (this is one of the ways they give a guy to understand they're interested, it's happened to me a couple of times).

Most likely, her parents will bring it up :D You just have to wait, hehe... Or your parents. It's important that she should come to your house as well as you to hers.

If you really fear you could get depressed over rejection, you could try behaving like more than just a friend and seeing how she reacts. If she doesn't withdraw, you aren't screwed. If she reciprocates, everything's OK (at least in theory). Good luck :thumb:

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bah, we just got THRASHED by England in the cricket. What a terrible performance. Well played England.

10. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Argh hardest exam on friday!!! Argh I hate pure maths! Not arr! Argh!

11. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

cricket sucks

12. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Crickets make good food for young bearded dragons :) They also get trashed :lol:

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Not really; broken sleeping rhythm sucks. Probably going to spend whole night up and going, then wake up at 3pm -just before going to school.

Really...should...catch...it...again. :sleep:

14. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

It's past midnight here tomorow I must go out very early.. It's just to hot to sleep, and i had to much Hoegaarden.

Still happy though! This saterday there is a party! And yes I gonna party like... You know?

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    10 hours and 13 minutes to the exam. Some 200 pages to do. Oh damn, does life suck. Should have studied earlier, I guess. Material penal law this time.

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Home from work
    Confused monday with a cup of coffee
    Bought some feathers to cover a hat
    Smiled too much but didn't really feel it
    Home from work
    Sanctuary

17. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

@chev- if people mistake us for a couple; they never say anything (I really wish people did though; her reaction could be very interesting :rolleyes: ). Hmm...I never ever get approached by girls; so I don't know about that last tip...though that could also be interesting. Especially if some guy approached her; her reaction then would be very interesting.
    :p if her parents brought it up; she'd probably just get mad/embarrased and either leave or tell them to leave :shake: . Hmmm...I just about never go to her house; and she hasn't been over to my place in years...I dunno about that last bit. I don't think she *wants* to come over to my place. And I understand; her house is much nicer :p . As for getting depressed over rejection; that's not so much a problem...because I get painfully depressed everytime I chicken out of asking her out/talking to her. So her rejecting me wouldn't be all that much worse than what I get anyway (this completely ignores the episodes I get for no reason/different reasons). On the other hand; I've already seen that being with her can drive away much more than my mental/emotional bullsh*t.
    I've thought about that last bit; trying something someone who was "just a friend" wouldn't do. But she's too damn nice; I'm afraid that if she reciprocated it would be just so that she wouldn't hurt my feelings. And that, to me, is worse than being outright rejected. That's the main reason I'm waiting for her to do something; that way I can be reasonably sure that it's really coming from her. *sigh*. Nothing for it but to wait a couple days now...

Bah!!
    stupid uni; I didn't request a degree program :p . Mix up with the school's emailing crap. Stupid email. ****; now I've just sent a late program/concentration request...I have to wait 10 days to see if Queen's really *does* hate me. Grrr.

Uh oh. I really should get to bed very soon. almost 10:30 pm now; and I have to get up at 4am to get to work on time. Bleh. Good thing is that by the time I'm done my shift; I can go to the gym and it'll be just about empty. Yay!

PS- Flames down 2-1!! But wow; someone musta just lit a fire under their tooshes...they're on *fire*! (get it? Flames, fire? :hahaerr: ...oooh tough crowd)

[ June 08, 2004, 04:40: Message edited by: Faerus Stoneslammer ]

18. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

GEORGE: ....Am I talking too much?

MEDIUM CLOSEUP –– Man on porch of house. As George finishes talking, he jumps up out of his chair:

MAN: Yes!! Why don't you kiss her instead of talking her to death?

CLOSE SHOT –– George and Mary.

GEORGE: How's that?

MEDIUM CLOSEUP –– man on porch.

MAN: Why don't you kiss her instead of talking her to death?

CLOSE SHOT –– George and Mary.

GEORGE: Want me to kiss her, huh?

CLOSE SHOT –– porch of house.

MAN: Aw, youth is wasted on the wrong people.

As he speaks, the man leaves the porch and goes into his house, slamming the front door.

Oh, sorry, thought this was the quote game... ;)

19. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I won't say a thing. This was the best Stanley Cup in years. Congrats to both teams. NBA Playoffs not even close to being that exciting. :D

20. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Tampa wins! Tampa wins! Yeah I know I'm Canadian, but check out this prediction way back in November. (I guess I pulled a Don Cherry. :) )

Ah, Calgary's cup run reminds me of the Canuck's cup run in 1994 when they lost in game seven of the finals. It also started when those two teams met in the first round. And it ended the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.