1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Which NPC's do you hate the most?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Stu, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Haer'Dalis - Interesting dialogue!?

"Sparrow... ehh... Free as a bird... Wind... "
    Dont tell me much.

I´m more for the "Jump on my sword evil, I wont be as gentle!" kinda "discussions" :D

Filosophy - Thanks but no thanks.

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Does anyone else detect a distinctly YMCA thing going on between all the Radiant Heart members. They seem to love that place....
    YOUNG MAN etc.

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Jan Jansen - all those inane and idiotic stories drive me up the wall.

Nalia - With one hand, she's benevolent to the underprivileged. Granted, I myself am politically around the center. I just don't forcefeed and barrage everybody else with my views. Furthermore, with the other hand, she's condescending towards them, on the verge of gross hypocrisy. "I know what's best for you little people because ..." (Shut up! I don't want to hear it!)

*** Borderlines ***

I have mixed feelings about both two others.

Anomen - Towards TofB, Anomen does become a pretty decent guy with (oh my god!) a semblance of modesty. On the other hand, during SofA ...

Aerie - I also like how her character evolves. But early on, "please Aerie, accept this gift of duct tape and place a piece of it over your mouth."

4. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm, I can't stand Nalia's "must help the poor while no one sees me doing it" attitude. I figure, if you're gonna do something, do it wholeheartedly, you know? Also, as much as I love Anomen, there comes a time when I want to kick him out of my party, especially when he calls Jaheira a wench, that just pushes my buttons! But, you're right, Beren, in ToB, he definitely evolves into a better character.

5. Thewl Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I hate Nalia just because she is possibly the worst constructured character I have ever seen.
    BG1 included.
    I mean, what's the damn point in having a mage with pure crap in thieving abilities? Why not just a pure mage?
    Nalia is so pointless that it is downright sickening looking at her character sheet.

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I pretty well hate all the evil characters -- they leave just as you start to get good discounts! Yes, I know about the "Happy Party" mod, but a) can't install it and b) wouldn't even if I could because it makes the whole Rep thing kind of pointless if it's just about money.

Anomen is a prat, but a useful prat. Nalia is horribly constructed but I find her approach realistic -- she's a noble trying to do good but still constrained by her upbringing. I like Valygar's comment to her about her parents -- "be glad you had sane parents" and then he goes on to say that it could always be worse.

Who doesn't love Haer'Dalis! He rocks! Same with Jan -- he's the best non-evil spellcaster character out there, IMHO -- his versatility rocks!

7. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Th1wl,

Nalia is not in BG1...

8. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

i don't get the point why you can hate npc's just because they are evil. i think this topic was meant to get some opinions about the whole stuff AROUND their alignment - what they say, do or even how good they are in their class or role to play in your party.

considering this i can only chant again : evils forever.

hmmm haer'dalis would be my favourite char if he only wasn't stupid bladebard ...

9. Alaeila Harktree Gems: 1/31

I really don't hate any of them yet...haven't gotten to all of them as of right now, but I certainly dislike Anomen. He's a wimpy fighter and has really crap spells...plus whenever you click on him he says something like, "If I must..." But maybe the crap spells is because I didn't have him very long. I traded him out for Jan, who I like a lot better. Besides, in my current party I really didn't have any need for another cleric. I already had 3...I needed a mage.

10. Terror Toilet Gems: 1/31

Alexander: He meant that she's more poorly designed than all the BG1 characters.

11. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Anomen is NOT a wimpy fighter. He's the best after Korgan in my party. And you don't need any STR-modifying items for him. Just get him to pass his test and he'll be fine.

I don't like Jaheira very much. And well, Imoen is sometimes irritating.

12. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

why do people seem to be so obsessed with homosexuallity. (this is based in comments a fare way back - 22 of june, well only 5 days.)

Jees, Cernd has a son, Hear'Dalis will dual you for your love intrest and Anomen is still, what, like 20 or something, he's just arrogant.

With Knights of the Order and the YMCA comment, its because, back when BGII was set men were a bunch of shovanists and weomen would not be let into an order of knights. Also, the average life expectancy would be, what, about 30 this narrows it down to YOUNG MEN!!

Sorry if I have come down a bit too hard, but I wanted a legitimate answere, not based on ones sexuality.

No I am not a homosexual!

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Stu, I have to agree with you.

The forum rules state:
    I would have hoped that the “whatever” part would extend to sexual orientation as well, but unfortunately this appears not to be the case, otherwise presumably the moderators would have cracked down on this long ago. I would be willing to bet that there are a number of SP members who are homosexual (just based on statistical probabilities), so these types of comments are hurtful to them, and are offensive to a number of us who are not homosexual.

I think that, in this day and age, we should be a little more tolerant of people whose sexual orientation is different from the rest of us. In Canada, gays and lesbians just very recently won the right to legally get married, so to me, attitudes that we sometimes see on these Boards seem a bit outdated and juvenile.

Edit: As per Tal's instructions here, comments on this should go in the other thread and not in this one.

[ June 27, 2003, 23:12: Message edited by: Splunge ]

14. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Stu - The Forgotten Realms is a fantasy setting, not a medieval setting. If you will look, the game information says that men and women are for the most part, regarded as equals. Likewise, people in FR can expect to live over 50 (in human terms), assuming they live normal lives. Take a look at Keldorn.

But this is off topic.

I really don't have a least favorite character. They are all well-designed, well-thought out, and interesting (even, nay, especially Cernd!). Hats off to their creators.

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The forum rules certainly also extend to sexual preference. But keep in mind that the mods & admins are not omnipresent, we obviously can't read in detail every single post made here. If anyone has a complaint about something, they can PM or e-mail me or BTA with the url and we'll handle it. But for something like this I think anyone who has a problem with it could just PM the offenders first and tell them that what they did is potentially insulting (I say potentially, because I don't think anyone here was bashing gay people in general), and that they should change it. Only if they would refuse would you need to contact me or BTA to do something about it.

16. dshadow Gems: 8/31

Least favourite character would have to be Jaheira. Not sure why but there's something about her that just bugs me. Maybe that she was carried over from BG1 whereas great characters like Alora and Tiax were missed out.

Anomen I think is a pretty decent character. I find his continual boasting amusing, particularly when it happens right before a fight in which he gets his ass kicked by a bunch of orcs.

17. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31

i don't think anyone is discriminated when someone calls the most noble order of the radiant heart = YMCA ... this is just a joke and it is an ingame joke. those who keep to be annoyed from this kind of jokes are the ones who blame theirselfs (and maybe other gays) and let the subject matter still be hot.

btw don't you all remember garrick and his gnome cyrando trying to romance a female paladin in front of the order's building ? so ... lol.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.