1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is your Moralising Quotient?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by chevalier, May 9, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  2. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.92.

Your Interference Factor is: 1.00.

Your Universalising Factor is: 0.75.

Fully Moralising

3. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.75.

Your Interference Factor is: 0.00.

Your Universalising Factor is: 1.00.

Personal Morality

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I didn't Finnish your little "test".

I stopped with:
    Now, there are things that have a psychological background, which are deemed moralily reprehensible. And there are things that are just accepted on the basis that Allah willed them to be such, as delivered by His Prophet Muhammed.

I blame the media. You can **** all the dead chickens you want, from Moses to Prince Saudi, but when you report said chicken ****ing, I draw the line.

Don't report it. I know about it, already. I know it exists. You don't have to tell me you've been ****ing chickens.

5. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.92.

Your Interference Factor is: 0.25.

...Wahoo.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Results

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.00.

Your Universalising Factor is: -1.

What do these results mean?

Are you thinking straight about morality?

You see nothing wrong in the actions depicted in these scenarios. Consequently, there is no inconsistency in the way that you responded to the questions in this activity. However, it is interesting to note that had you judged any of these acts to be morally problematic, it is hard to see how this might have been justified. You don't think that an act can be morally wrong if it is entirely private and no one, not even the person doing the act, is harmed by it. The actions described in these scenarios are private like this and it was specified as clearly as possible that they didn't involve harm. One possibility might be that the people undertaking these acts are in some way harmed by them. But you indicated that you don't think that an act can be morally wrong solely for the reason that it harms the person undertaking it. So, as you probably realised, even this wouldn't seem to be enough to make the actions described in these scenarios morally problematic in terms of your moral outlook. Probably, in your own terms, you were right to adopt a morally permissive view.

Put simply, if it truly doesn't harm anyone but the person doing it (and I'm not invited over for chicken), I couldn't care less what people do in the privacy of their own homes and lives. I leave them alone, they leave me alone.

7. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.04.

Your Universalising Factor is: 0.00.

So you saw nothing wrong with the girl pushing the boy off the swing. Otheriwise I agree with you, what people do is their business unless it harms others.

8. Serpent Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.25.

Your Universalising Factor is: 0.50.

hmmm, kinda high for me.... :rolleyes:

9. people person-i eat people Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

RESULTS:

Moralising Quotient: 0.83

Interference Factor: 0.75

Universalising Factor: 1.00

10. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

My Moralising Quotient is: 0.42.

My Interference Factor is: 0.50.

My Universalising Factor is: 0.50.

Enforceable Conventional.

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:

Some freaky scenarios there but not really wrong. It is all about harm.

12. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Results

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.50.

Your Universalising Factor is: 0.67.

13. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Hmm, I got:
    Moralising quotient : 0.63
    Interference factor : 0.50
    Universalising factor : 0.67

I think most of the questions were fairly loaded. They were so extreme in their nature that it doesnt really give an accurate indication of anything.

14. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.13.

As takara just said that was a very biased test.

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Your Moralising Quotient is: 1.17.
    Your Interference Factor is: 1.00.
    Fully Moralising.

hmm...

16. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.29.

Personal Morailty

17. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Your Moralising Quotient is: 1.04.
    Your Interference Factor is: 0.75.

Hmmm - I'm more of a conscience person, so what the hell.

18. Cespypoo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Results

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.00.

Your Universalising Factor is: -1.

What do these results mean?

You see nothing wrong in the actions depicted in these scenarios. Consequently, there is no inconsistency in the way that you responded to the questions in this activity. However, it is interesting to note that had you judged any of these acts to be morally problematic, it is hard to see how this might have been justified. You don't think that an act can be morally wrong if it is entirely private and no one, not even the person doing the act, is harmed by it. The actions described in these scenarios are private like this and it was specified as clearly as possible that they didn't involve harm. One possibility might be that the people undertaking these acts are in some way harmed by them. But you indicated that you don't think that an act can be morally wrong solely for the reason that it harms the person undertaking it. So, as you probably realised, even this wouldn't seem to be enough to make the actions described in these scenarios morally problematic in terms of your moral outlook. Probably, in your own terms, you were right to adopt a morally permissive view.

Bugger.

19. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.17.

I just follow my own conscience, and don't interfere with other people problems unless I know I can make a difference or I'm sure I know all the details. in the first question, that was simply wrong with no justification.

2 - Smoking is fine as long as everyone else who has to breath it smoke themselves and see no problem with it an 18+ year old can decide for themselves and be reponsible I assume.

3 - Like I said I follow my own conscience and what I feel is morally right for me and everyone involved.

4 - How could this be a problem if worst case scenario is no one is affected in aharmful way?

5 - No.

6 - Well the mother is dead, if any other living relatives genetically or otherwise they should sort something out, and depending on the situation it may not always be possible.

7 - It's their cat, they can do want with it if it's dead as far as I'm concerned, other people might give the hypothetical family a lecture on it but that woulden't be me, if it was harming any innocent and living animal or person the I'd have a problem with that.

8 - If I was in Peter's position I woulden't have done it myself but they are both adults able to decide for themselves, and woulden't need me to interfere in anyway so I woulden't.

9 - If he's the only one eating it and no one else knows about it then I don't think it's morally wrong, but it's still pretty desperate imo.

So like I said, I deal with my own problems and the problems of people I either care about or people I know I can help, if it's involving people that can make their own descisions in life and isn't harming anyone at all then I'm fine with that.

But like others have said and what I've seen by my score I think this test was a complete waste of time.

I wonder what this would be in D&D terms...? Maybe CG?

20. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:

I try to stay out of other people's business. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.